Boo turns 10!

BoddaH1994

5 hours ago, medford said:

I want to say 4,000 plus.  Does it still count when the ride pauses right in front of a sensor for several minutes (presumably helping someone load or unload)?  :)

That's how I got my high score(only 2,000 and something). That was back when it was Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle.

46 minutes ago, jensenracing77 said:

I am not a fan of this one. I have never been on it and the darn gun work other than the very first year. I love a good dark ride but this one just don't do it for me. 

My wife and kids always swear their guns aren't working mid-ride. So we switch guns and, well...let's just say their guns worked just fine. It's not a fantastic dark ride regardless. But when the A/C is working on a hot day I've no problem with it. Plus it reminds me of when my kids were little and we spent so much time in Planet Snoopy.

2 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

My highest score on BB was 3270. Did that back in 2016. Every time I ride, it seems like I either get close to it or not at all lol. But I havent given up.

3270?!? Did the ride stop for 10 minutes by chance? That is impressive. I got a 2310 today and I'm pretty certain that is my best ever. But the ride was going so slow as that gives the ride ops time to clean between guests. 

1 minute ago, bjcolglazier said:

3270?!? Did the ride stop for 10 minutes by chance? That is impressive. I got a 2310 today and I'm pretty certain that is my best ever. But the ride was going so slow as that gives the ride ops time to clean between guests. 

Believe it or not, it didn't stop. By chance I got an AMAZING blaster (in a car and seat I will not tell) and I was able to hit all of the targets. Some of them multiple times.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Nice!

As of late (2019 and some years prior), I just treat it as a normal dark ride and don't shoot anything. Sure, the ride could be better, but it's nice in it's own way. Though I know most of the decorations are generic replacement of Scooby-themed ones, I do like that (what appears to be) an iPod is still there after all these years (in the bookshelf room; after the "Get away from me!" guy).

• Like 1

After visiting the past two seasons, while I do miss Scooby Doo, the ride is in better shape than in prior seasons. The animatronic was moving better than in the past with more fluid motions, I've had a working gun every time, most of all the pop outs work, and the "Get away from Me!" guy works, which for a season or two was static. All this ride seems to get is hate, but in my opinion, it's still way more immersive and in better shape than the other versions at sister parks. It may not be Disney or Universal level, but it's still a very enjoyable dark ride (there are much worse I've been on). I know maintaining each individual element can be a lot, but I just wanted to say I've been very pleased with the condition of Boo Blasters in the past season. Hats off to the maintenance crew.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2021 at 10:38 PM, CoasterJack said:

After visiting the past two seasons, while I do miss Scooby Doo, the ride is in better shape than in prior seasons. The animatronic was moving better than in the past with more fluid motions, I've had a working gun every time, most of all the pop outs work, and the "Get away from Me!" guy works, which for a season or two was static. All this ride seems to get is hate, but in my opinion, it's still way more immersive and in better shape than the other versions at sister parks. It may not be Disney or Universal level, but it's still a very enjoyable dark ride (there are much worse I've been on). I know maintaining each individual element can be a lot, but I just wanted to say I've been very pleased with the condition of Boo Blasters in the past season. Hats off to the maintenance crew.

I noticed this last summer, too. It seems they did some rehab on this and everything seemed to work better, the animatronics were working and it just was an all-around better ride. My kids (ages 9 & 5) still love it; it's probably the ride they go on most at KI each year, and I enjoy the game. 

I grew up with Smurf's Enchanted Voyage, and it was a really great little dark boat ride. I still remember it vividly. And I thought Phantom Theater was a lot of fun. But truth is, a lot of my love for those rides probably stems from the age I was when I rode them anyway. I'm not the target audience for this one anymore; but if kids love it, and KI wants to keep it around, that's fine. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 9:38 PM, CoasterJack said:

while I do miss Scooby Doo,

Oh My God! I knew I wasn't the only one who liked Scooby on KICentral! 

On 1/30/2021 at 9:38 PM, CoasterJack said:

All this ride seems to get is hate, but in my opinion, it's still way more immersive and in better shape than the other versions at sister parks. It may not be Disney or Universal level, but it's still a very enjoyable dark ride

I 100% agree. I honestly never thought it looked that cheap and I totally dig the combination of the omni-mover system and the interactive blasters.  

• Like 1

I won't stand for Boo slander!

Just kidding, you're all entitled to your opinions, and with respect to the past dark rides prior, I love this ride! I was a huge scooby doo fan back in the day because of course I loved that theming, but it is still a good ride. Different than any at the park, and I love the style of the paintings. I could go for some refreshments and some modern technology, but overall I am happy with the ride. Although a phantom theater comeback would be absolutely awesome!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...