You can now order through mobile in the Festhaus (this is not a drill!!)

BoddaH1994

Note that drinks for the season pass drink plan still need to be acquired from a cashier, just like when ordering from the kiosks.  Mobile ordering will only give you the 10% passholder discount and your dining plan meal.

Surely they have a reason for this, but I don't understand it.

24 minutes ago, jsus said:

Note that drinks for the season pass drink plan still need to be acquired from a cashier, just like when ordering from the kiosks.  Mobile ordering will only give you the 10% passholder discount and your dining plan meal.

Surely they have a reason for this, but I don't understand it.

There are limited options but it appears as though you can pay for food on there. I just did a dummy run through. 

11 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

There are limited options but it appears as though you can pay for food on there. I just did a dummy run through. 

Right.  Like I said, you can use the 10% passholder discount to pay for your items, both on beverages and on the food menu.  You can also use your dining plan, but not your drink plan.

For instance, there are whole cheese and pepperoni pizzas which aren't dining plan-eligible.  You'll have to pay for those, but you should get your 10% discount.

25 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

It is nice that they have moved forward with this. If you can order it on your phone and pick it up easily, I think non food plan members will be more willing to order in park food without having to wait in the long line to order. 

That, my friend, comes down to awareness and willingness to adapt. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

That, my friend, comes down to awareness and willingness to adapt. 

Excited to try it out!  We love using Mobile Order at Disney.  The first time I was able to bypass the 30 minute line at Aloha Isle and get my Dole Whip in 2 minutes, I was hooked!!!!

It's interesting to see that the park is still going through with this. The menu is likely limited because it's in testing. I imagine the main reason that the park is doing this is to eliminate a cashier position. Likely cutting it down to 1 person physically on register, but in a few years, removing the need completely with self serve kiosks and mobile ordering. Lots of bugs in both systems still I imagine, but a good start by the park in reducing the number of employees needed, this probably won't lead to job losses as food stands are usually understaffed anyways, so you guys will just see a more efficient food service in general.

31 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

Jukebox was the first to get the order kiosks, would make sense that they're next for mobile ordering. 

Hanks is also on the app, but isn’t available yet. I’m particularly excited for when/if they add Brewhouse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Hanks is also on the app, but isn’t available yet. I’m particularly excited for when/if they add Brewhouse. 

Due to the table service nature of brewhouse, this would likely be last to get added. Do all the similar ordering restaurants first and then do a few more of the niche things.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, IceePirate said:

Due to the table service nature of brewhouse, this would likely be last to get added. Do all the similar ordering restaurants first and then do a few more of the niche things.

I don’t know. Order your food and then go and get a table from the greeter. It almost logistically writes itself. It’s very reminiscent of Be Our Guest at MK.  You could be right - especially with capacity restrictions, but I think it’s a huge candidate.

Has one else tried the service yet? What are your experiences? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...