Oktoberfest in Oktoberfest during Oktoberfest

SonofBaconator

Anyone wish Kings Island properly celebrated Oktoberfest? We have a whole section dedicated to it to my knowledge, the park hasn't celebrated it (I was born in the late 90s so maybe they did before I was born)

It would be cool to hear Bavarian music, strudels, beer, and such. Cincinnati is thick with German heritage so I think it could work. The one thing that I can figure why they don't do it is because Cincinnati hosts the 2nd largest Oktoberfest in the world so they might not want to compete in that respect.

Thoughts?

• Like 5

9 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Anyone wish Kings Island properly celebrated Oktoberfest? We have a whole section dedicated to it to my knowledge, the park hasn't celebrated it (I was born in the late 90s so maybe they did before I was born)

It would be cool to hear Bavarian music, strudels, beer, and such. Cincinnati is thick with German heritage so I think it could work. The one thing that I can figure why they don't do it is because Cincinnati hosts the 2nd largest Oktoberfest in the world so they might not want to compete in that respect.

Thoughts?

Love the idea. See my thoughts on the area as a whole in the topiary thread. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Thoughts?

I can see it now....the Eiffel Tower is transformed into the worlds largest Bier Stein..... German music and Bavarian themes....the food....Paradise...

Seriously, Kings Island must do this fr.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Klabergian Empire said:

I can see it now....the Eiffel Tower is transformed into the worlds largest Bier Stein..... German music and Bavarian themes....the food....Paradise...

Seriously, Kings Island must do this fr.

Actually I could see them run some fabric from the Eiffel Tower to emulate a giant maypole.

• Like 3

On 8/1/2020 at 10:50 PM, SonofBaconator said:

Thoughts?

Celebrating it could be an interesting idea for the park's 50th anniversary. The Festhause could be a representation of different German food kind of like a German farmer's market. The burrito restaurant near the lake could become a pretzel factory.

• Like 1

I think about this all the time. It seems like such a stupid obvious thing for the park to do and yet, correct me if I'm wrong, they've never done it. The original open layout (before the area was condensed to the small little nugget of an area it is today) seemed ideal for such an experience. Perhaps KI will turn such events to draw in crowds in the upcoming years when they may not be able to budget in major new attractions (if that is indeed the case).

Although less likely, I think it'd be cool if there were a bourbon festival of sorts in Rivertown. Perhaps they could put those decorative barrels to good use? :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 4:13 PM, Dj325 said:

The burrito restaurant near the lake could become a pretzel factory.

This.

On 8/5/2020 at 4:46 PM, Joshua said:

Although less likely, I think it'd be cool if there were a bourbon festival of sorts in Rivertown. 

Cedar Point has a Brew and BBQ event in the Frontiertown section around July. Its pretty cool, you have a ton of different vendors and flavors to try out. It would work well along the stretch of path between Diamondback and BLSC.

• Like 2