International Street Soundtrack

super7

I really don’t like it at all. Last year’s loop was so much better. It was way more grandiose! It was so nice to hear those great movie scores and classical pieces playing all day while I worked at Emporium. The new one feels a lot cheaper, like something you’d hear in a “fancy” WalMart. I was up at Cedar Point a few weeks ago and when they started playing The Cowboys Overture in FrontierTown, it was very moving. That’s the one I miss hearing the most while I work. John Williams will always be superior over covers of Sia!

If it was a perfect world, they would put back the loop from 2017. It had Rhapsody in Blue, Aquarium by Camille Saint-Saens, and a few others that were dropped from the loop used from 2018-2019.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I think it is okay, but it does tend to get tiresome after a while when you work at the tower just like the kidzbop loop in Planet Snoopy. 

There was a game in the games department called flip a chick that played the Same duck song all day long and it was absolutely horrible to work. 

1 hour ago, bengalsguy23 said:

There was a game in the games department called flip a chick that played the Same duck song all day long and it was absolutely horrible to work. 

Do you mean this Ray Stevens song? I found it SO annoying...I had to go out and buy it! :lol: (The best place to get it is on the “Pecker” soundtrack.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, standbyme said:

Do you mean this Ray Stevens song? I found it SO annoying...I had to go out and buy it! :lol: (The best place to get it is on the “Pecker” soundtrack.)

Oh my god yes! I can't believe you found that. It was a continuous loop from about the 15-45 second mark all day every day. That brings back nightmares!

• Haha 2

While I do like that I-Street has retained the instrumental music, I much prefer the songs that played in the 2017-2019 seasons, as they are orchestral pieces and not covers. 

I will say that it’s still miles better than straight up pop, yet I dearly miss hearing Rhapsody in Blue, La Vie En Rose, Gabriel’s Oboe, Aquarium, Somewhere in Time, Theme from Reivers, and the like. Nothing like walking onto I-Street right at an instrumental climax...

• Like 9

Pop music and amusement parks just don't mix...completely ruins the immersion. KI should just stick to playing classic orchestral instrumental music on International Street and not play any music anywhere else. If they are intent on playing pop music in certain areas then they should stick to classic pop (1955-1990 ).... you know when the songs had genuine unforced hooks... Certainly is crummy to force people to listen to rubbish modern music when you generally go to an amusement park to escape from such duplicity

.....I do know that it's Cedar Fair who decides what music is to be played and not Kings Island per se so maybe not much that can be done... except maybe wear some Air Traffic Ground Support Ear Muffs throughout the park...

• Like 6

This is the type of pop music they should be playing

...it's a Friday night just before closing...You're waiting in line for a night ride on The Beast along with a bunch of very eager energetic patrons...everyone's chatting and laughing looking forward to their last ride of the night ...the scene is set for one of those timeless immortal rides on a moonlit night.....the spirits are very alive and awake tonight and you feel their electricity permeating the air yet you don't feel threatened....Wes (Tower Johnny) and possibly some buddies are waiting in the woods to give the riders a spine tingling chill,,,Little tram girl is being her oblivious self and running active throughout the park....this song is playing in the background... .. you step up to board the train and pause to look off into the dark distance......will you return back to the station with the trains?....or will you be the one..... to disappear..... merging....merging.... ever so subtly into that timeless ether...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VortexBFForever said:

While I do like that I-Street has retained the instrumental music, I much prefer the songs that played in the 2017-2019 seasons, as they are orchestral pieces and not covers. 

I will say that it’s still miles better than straight up pop, yet I dearly miss hearing Rhapsody in Blue, La Vie En Rose, Gabriel’s Oboe, Aquarium, Somewhere in Time, Theme from Reivers, and the like. Nothing like walking onto I-Street right at an instrumental climax...

this is the song....

While I do like the instrumental covers, I think it's a step down from the John Williams and James Horner selections from previous years. You just can't beat the majestic energy that the music and melodies from the likes of E.T., Hook, and Apollo 13 brought to I-Street. But to mirror what others have said, the new playlist beats hearing the same mediocre pop, rock, and country songs you hear literally everywhere else. 

• Like 4

I was floored when I recognized Muse being played. They're my favorite band, and I never thought I'd hear an orchestral version of Knights of Cydonia being played on International street. Now if only they played them in Action Zone... or just, any other bands. It's Action Zone, there should be exciting songs!

• Like 1

It’s not the songs  themselves that i necessary like.    Several of the songs one really has to listen closely  to identify exactly what it is.  

What I like about this soundtrack is 

It is 100% instrumental and definitely upbeat  

The symphony style of music, plus it  is layered music that builds up as it plays  

It is extended versions of the songs, no just short snippets  

There are a lot of songs on the loop   It’s a while until it repeats   

• Like 5

Nothing worse than being forced to listen to dumpy modern day music in an amusement park....can pretty much ruin your whole day when you're waiting in line and Taylor Swift or Maroon 5 come blaring through the speakers

.No.......No.........Gawd No.....Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.............................

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I think you're secretly a Bieber fan and just have trouble controlling your enthusiasm for this sonic excellence :P...........No seriously though I agree that not everyone likes the same type of music and I feel it's quite crummy to make people listen to music they don't like...I think they should just keep classic orchestral music playing on I-street and not have music playing elsewhere which is the way I think it used to be

I know it’ll never return, but I still miss the I-Street playlist from the Paramount era. Nothing they play now would ever come close to that. I just felt like all those movie themes went very well with the fountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk