International Street Soundtrack

super7

3 hours ago, pianoman said:

I know it’ll never return, but I still miss the I-Street playlist from the Paramount era. Nothing they play now would ever come close to that. I just felt like all those movie themes went very well with the fountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss the "international" music on International Street from the 70's and 80's.  Polka, classical and what we called "Paris music."  Kings Dominion IS soundtrack on Spotify is as close to what I remember as it can get for me.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2020 at 10:09 PM, BeeastFarmer said:

I miss the "international" music on International Street from the 70's and 80's.  Polka, classical and what we called "Paris music."  Kings Dominion IS soundtrack on Spotify is as close to what I remember as it can get for me.

Oktoberfest definitely needs polka style music instead of being on the Coney soundtrack 

• Like 4

On 8/3/2020 at 4:23 PM, KIghostguy said:

I really don’t like it at all. Last year’s loop was so much better. It was way more grandiose! It was so nice to hear those great movie scores and classical pieces playing all day while I worked at Emporium. The new one feels a lot cheaper, like something you’d hear in a “fancy” WalMart. I was up at Cedar Point a few weeks ago and when they started playing The Cowboys Overture in FrontierTown, it was very moving. That’s the one I miss hearing the most while I work. John Williams will always be superior over covers of Sia!

Thank you. I couldn't agree with this more. It's cheasy and terrible. Why did they change this? Is it some kind of licensing thing? Was waaaaaay better before.

• Like 4

On August 14, 2020 at 4:40 PM, KIghostguy said:

And Coney Mall needs the ragtime music back as well.

I agree. Coney Mall is the throwback area of the park. It should feel like you've been transported to an amusement park from a different area. If not ragtime music, then there should at least be a well-balanced playlist with classic songs from the 50s, 60s, and 70s. 

• 3 years later...
On 8/5/2020 at 8:10 AM, VortexBFForever said:

While I do like that I-Street has retained the instrumental music, I much prefer the songs that played in the 2017-2019 seasons, as they are orchestral pieces and not covers. 

I will say that it’s still miles better than straight up pop, yet I dearly miss hearing Rhapsody in Blue, La Vie En Rose, Gabriel’s Oboe, Aquarium, Somewhere in Time, Theme from Reivers, and the like. Nothing like walking onto I-Street right at an instrumental climax...

My reply in here from 2020 still stands. As much as I enjoyed the jazz music, I still dearly miss the orchestral pieces (NOT the pop covers) and hope they return next year!

I'm glad some movie soundtracks/orchestral pieces still play on I-Street during Winterfest. "Flight to Neverland" from "Hook" fits I-Street's atmosphere so well, and hearing it the last couple Winterfests was an absolute treat!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, VortexBFForever said:

My reply in here from 2020 still stands. As much as I enjoyed the jazz music, I still dearly miss the orchestral pieces (NOT the pop covers) and hope they return next year!

I was fine with the jazz for the 50th year as the whole point of that season was celebrating the milestone and celebratory jazz fit with that. However, I was not a fan that they kept it this season and I would've preferred them to go back to the classical pieces. Now, I would take the jazz over what played on I street during the early CF days with the actual pop music. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I just want Gabriel's Oboe to return, along with ET and whatever the video game music is that sounds like cool instrumental music. 

Some polka and Spanish chi chi music would be good too 

YARN | [AS FRENCHY] Well, uh, I love a good polka as much as the next man.  | Good Morning, Vietnam (1987) | Video clips by quotes | f87dbf12 | 紗

• Like 1