Cedar Point vs Kings Island

I hope this is ok to post, tried searching with somewhat dismal results.

I am vaguely planning a trip to Cedar Point within the next couple weekends- it would be our first time there ever. 

I have lost around 40 pounds( and counting!) in preparation for Kings Island to open this year. We've been four times and it has been wonderful. I was able to ride Orion on our third trip (weird how the lap bar wouldn't go past one click our second visit and then did the 3rd visit, but I'll take it.)

My question/concern though- I do have to have an employees help getting the lap bar/restraint/seatbelt to click on Mystic, Beast, Banshee, and ofc Orion at Kings Island. With all of these, it’s just the last little bit I need help with, so they’re all very close, if that makes sense. As far as the major coasters at Cedar Point go, how do the fit of the rides seem to compare to KI? So, basically, since I have issues on those coasters at KI, mostly related to my thighs and bottom, does anyone that have some of those issues at KI have less or greater of an issue at CP- specifically Millennium Force, Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster and Steel Vengeance. I know this is a very general, loaded question because of different types of restraints/body types/etc but just generally curious.  

We have about a 7 hour drive but are coaster fanatics so wanted to get some opinions before we make the drive and find out that I can't fit in anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kara320 said:

I hope this is ok to post, tried searching with somewhat dismal results.

I am vaguely planning a trip to Cedar Point within the next couple weekends- it would be our first time there ever. 

I have lost around 40 pounds( and counting!) in preparation for Kings Island to open this year. We've been four times and it has been wonderful. I was able to ride Orion on our third trip (weird how the lap bar wouldn't go past one click our second visit and then did the 3rd visit, but I'll take it.)

My question/concern though- I do have to have an employees help getting the lap bar/restraint/seatbelt to click on Mystic, Beast, Banshee, and ofc Orion at Kings Island. As far as the major coasters at Cedar Point go, how do the fit of the rides seem to compare to KI? So, basically, since I have issues on those coasters at KI, mostly related to my thighs and bottom, does anyone that have some of those issues at KI have less or greater of an issue at CP- specifically Millennium Force, Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster and Steel Vengeance. I know this is a very general, loaded question because of different types of restraints/body types/etc but just generally curious.  

We have about a 7 hour drive but are coaster fanatics so wanted to get some opinions before we make the drive and find out that I can't fit in anything.

Of those will probably just be able to ride maverick.  

Many Intamins have very short seatbelts.  I have frozen shoulders, so my ROM is limited which makes me have to need assistance on TTD.  I usually can get things on Millie by myself.  Steel Vengeance has given me no issues.  Maverick has very easy and comfortable restraints.

Congratulations on the 40 lb weight loss!  That's quite an accomplishment!

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Many Intamins have very short seatbelts.  I have frozen shoulders, so my ROM is limited which makes me have to need assistance on TTD.  I usually can get things on Millie by myself.  Steel Vengeance has given me no issues.  Maverick has very easy and comfortable restraints.

Congratulations on the 40 lb weight loss!  That's quite an accomplishment!

The poster said she had to have the ride ops help push restraint/seatbelts on those said rides.  Before the poster makes the 7 hr drive she should know that the restraints on steel vengeance are more forgiving for big bellies compared to if you carry your weight more in your lower body.  The intamins sans maverick will probably be a no go.  If you fit on Banshee you will fit on GateKeeper and valravn as its the same restraints.  Raptor has i believe big boy seats in row 4?  They are the seats with two seatbelts.

• Sad 1

Congrats on the weight loss. Millenium Force does have some tight restraints. So it might be a tight fit. I haven't ridden SV but RMCs are usually tight as well. Others are a little more forgiving and a couple like Raptor I believe have a row with modified seats as mentioned. If i remember my last trip correctly I think a lot of the major coasters had test seats out front so i'd just recommend trying them out and see.