Roll call for holihood nights

Skipping the event this year as their mask policy is very weak, plus Spencer country is seeing more virus cases.  As reported other places here in the boards, Holiday World mask policy and social distancing has been minimal compared to the excellent job KI has done with their mask policy and social distancing procedures.  Note at Holiday World no mask required on the midways while walking around.  Be sure to spread out when eating the meals and snacks with all those coaster fans.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/coronavirus-covid-19-spread-map/state/indiana/county/spencer-county

Guests will be required to wear face coverings as they enter the gates, and in any indoor spaces in the park including roller coaster stations, gift shops, indoor restaurants, Pepsi Oases, and restroom buildings.  Guests will not be required to wear face coverings on any water rides, while eating or drinking, or in the midways, but are expected to maintain 6-foot social distancing from other travel parties at all times. In accordance with guidance from Indiana, children 7 and under will not need to wear coverings in the park (though they are strongly recommended for children ages 2-7) and exceptions will be made for those with medical conditions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Winterfestguy said:

Skipping the event this year as their mask policy is very weak, plus Spencer country is seeing more virus cases.  As reported other places here in the boards, Holiday World mask policy and social distancing has been minimal compared to the excellent job KI has done with their mask policy and social distancing procedures.  Note at Holiday World no mask required on the midways while walking around.  Be sure to spread out when eating the meals and snacks with all those coaster fans.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/coronavirus-covid-19-spread-map/state/indiana/county/spencer-county

Guests will be required to wear face coverings as they enter the gates, and in any indoor spaces in the park including roller coaster stations, gift shops, indoor restaurants, Pepsi Oases, and restroom buildings.  Guests will not be required to wear face coverings on any water rides, while eating or drinking, or in the midways, but are expected to maintain 6-foot social distancing from other travel parties at all times. In accordance with guidance from Indiana, children 7 and under will not need to wear coverings in the park (though they are strongly recommended for children ages 2-7) and exceptions will be made for those with medical conditions.

I feel ya.  I feel they should just make them mandatory instead of so many loop holes.  We will just attend the enthusiass events as I feel better telling them to stay their distance instead a bunch of rough strangers.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait! I'm wearing a mask everywhere else except home these days. I'm a person who doesn't enjoy wearing one, but out of respect to others, it is what it is. I hope soon it's a thing of the past. I remember talking with a hospital surgeon a few years back. His quote stuck with me...(Every time you walk out of your house, you're taking a chance of getting sick...there's a million things out there at all times that want to get to you. That's what your immune system is for).

I've always washed my hands, covered a sneeze or cough and tried my best to keep distance from those that don't and if I feel bad I do my best to stay away from others... remembering that line every time. At this rate, it seems we may be wearing masks in public from now on. It's a crazy, wacky world we are all living these days! Oh well.

So as long as I get to relax and enjoy a couple days at one of my favorite parks ever, I'll wear a mask and go along with my day happy...always hoping for the day it's a thing of the past.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...