Could the next Kings Island ride removal be a Soak City water ride?

Dj325

Since Kings Island just removed The Vortex, the park probably won't remove another rollercoaster for a while. But, that doesn't mean they couldn't possibly remove a water ride from Soak City any time soon. When I think about a ride being removed from Soak City, the first ride that comes to mind that I think would be the first ride to get removed from Soak City, it's Thunder Falls. The reason why is because the last few seasons the ride was running, I've only been seeing them using one slide. One time when I was riding the train, I was able to get a glimpse of the slide that they haven't been using and noticed that there was a lot of mother nature's works growing inside of it. So, it might not be too long before Thunder Falls takes a "Final Fall" (no pun intended) before it bites the tide (The water ride version of the phrase "Gets the axe"). Two other rides that I think could also be the next to "Bite The Tide" are Zoom Flume and sadly, Mondo Monsoon. Now, as of when this topic is being made, I really can't think of any real good reason for Zoom Flume, other than the fact that it's kind of hidden and it's also tucked away in a back corner of the park where the only thing that attracts people to that area is the Lazy or Splash River, whatever you prefer calling it. Anyways, if they remove Thunder Falls and Zoom Flume, they could maybe combine the land and build a new water coaster! I went onto Google maps and created a layout for a possible new water coaster. Now this picture might look a little weird, but this is the first time I've drawn a layout for a new attraction, so it might not be like other ones that are really detailed you've probably seen before.Screenshot_20200713-171054.png

In case you don't know what each of the different colors mean, here's a key to hopefully help you understand:

• Yellow box/square - loading and unloading station
  • Red line - first line: lift hill
  • Red line - second line: lift or maybe launch hill?
  • Purple line - airtime hill
  • Green line - banked turn
  • Purple circle - helix

Let me know what you think will be the first Soak City water ride to "Bite The Tide" and what you think could possibly replace it/them. If you think that the replacement could be a water coaster, do you think it could or should be record breaking?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Just because one coaster has fallen doesnt mean another can't.  Firehawk and Vortex were both removed closed to each other.  

Yeah, that is true, but keep in mind that Kings Island's decision to remove Firehawk was intentional and was also a part of the park's plan to a giga coaster which ended up being ORION. Removing The Vortex was different. The ride's removal wasn't a part of Kings Island's plan. The Vortex wasn't supposed to be removed that year. 

43 minutes ago, Dj325 said:

Yeah, that is true, but keep in mind that Kings Island's decision to remove Firehawk was intentional and was also a part of the park's plan to a giga coaster which ended up being ORION. Removing The Vortex was different. The ride's removal wasn't a part of Kings Island's plan. The Vortex wasn't supposed to be removed that year. 

Can you back up this claim, or are you talking out of your hat?

The decisions made in a conference room may not be what played out in our eyes.

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Can you back up this claim, or are you talking out of your hat?

The decisions made in a conference room may not be what played out in our eyes.

I don't know if this can prove it so let me know. Back in the Fall, the park announced that they would be removing a rollercoaster. The park narrowed it down to two rollercoasters, Firehawk and The Vortex. Kings Island chose to remove Firehawk because if they removed it, it would give them access to all the land behind The Racer so that they would have enough land to build ORION. Fastforward to 2019 when the park made a surprising announcement that The Vortex would be giving a final ride at the end of the 2019 Fall season. The reason why they needed to remove a ride back in 2018 was because they wanted to build a new major attraction. But to do that, they'd need to remove another ride (which ended up being Firehawk) so that they would have room to do it.

Kings Island monitors the conditions of their rides all the time and have reports and studies from their manufactures as to their shelf life, so they probably knew within the last 5 years it wasn't going to last.  It was only surprising to everyone else who doesn't follow the industry that in depth.  

• Like 2