Rumor: Six Flags Might Actually Be Announcing 2021 Additions on August 27th

I wonder if contracts had already been signed with manufacturers prior to Covid-19's wrath. 

If not, there's still a lot they could do. There are a few parks that don't have a 4d freespin clone that would be decent filler. I could also see them focusing more on their water parks and smaller attractions. Then again, Six Flags loves to make those joint-announcement videos so I could totally see them coming out and saying "Covid-19 hit us hard, we're going to focus on future seasons, etc"

Bankruptcy might be a real conversation for them right now. They're doing better than many people think but they're also nowhere near they were in the 90s and early 2000s. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coaster sally said:

They put down deposits.

Right.  My understanding is that for most rides it's 50% down and 50% upon turnover.  I think big, big projects like coasters are split up into three payments.  That's not taking into account that they're often financed, so split up payments are more of a quality assurance and timeline thing. 

St. Louis overall is one their lesser parks.  I would compare it to like a Dorney in the Cedar Fair chain (I would argue Dorney is much more well maintained though).  When you have Magic Mountain, Great Adventure, and Great America those bigger more popular parks are going to get a lot more love.  I have also heard others say they are landlocked.  American Thunder and Screamin' Eagle are both great rides though.

On 8/18/2020 at 10:03 PM, Rivertown Rider said:

St. Louis overall is one their lesser parks.  I would compare it to like a Dorney in the Cedar Fair chain (I would argue Dorney is much more well maintained though).  When you have Magic Mountain, Great Adventure, and Great America those bigger more popular parks are going to get a lot more love.  I have also heard others say they are landlocked.  American Thunder and Screamin' Eagle are both great rides though.

While I wouldn't call the St. Louis park the MI Adventure of the SIX chain, it does need a lot of love.  I went a couple years ago and made me realize how good we have it at KI,  That year, the new ride installations were the Justice League ride, which was really good, and a Larson Looper, which you can find at any carnival.  I enjoyed Screamin' Eagle as well.

• Like 2

It has been announced that there will be no 2021 addition video for Six Flags. There was an interview with a six flags corporate and it confirmed that the rumor is false. 

However, it was a big video for announcements that was denied. This doesn't mean that we won't see additions announced by parks only. I doubt it, though.