Markers Placed by Old Columbia Rd.

IndyGuy4KI

When coming into the park as you are walking up to the North tent, there are a series of markers going down Old Columbia Rd.

This could be just survey markers and turn into nothing. What are your thoughts on what this could be?

Thanks to @Oldschool75 for noticing.

Photo_1596930737030.jpg

Photo_1596930737627.jpg

Photo_1596930736473.jpg

Photo_1596930652808.jpg

Photo_1596930653487.jpg

Photo_1596930652180.jpg

Photo_1596930650868.jpg

Photo_1596930651585.jpg

KICentral.com does not endorse the markings being discussed in this thread as evidence of Kings Island receiving a coaster. There is no credibility to or evidence suggesting this being a roller coaster,  no matter what might be reported as fact by any other fan site.  Any discussions of this being a coaster are nothing but rumors by members on the KIC forum. If and when we hear what these markings are from the park, admim of KICentral.com will be reported as fact in the Kings Island Central Newsroom thread. 

• Like 1

Bare with me, this was an old idea I had from about 2 years ago before the dorms were even really a topic of discussion. Imagine the "campground" as just the dormsCampground.png.d66753df06555a3ae6de223dbf478b55.png

It could be a bus route to drop off workers. I have no clue how employees who live in those dorms get to work but maybe they're making the system more streamlined. 

That or GWL partnered with KI to build a shuttle to and from the resort and the park.

• Like 1

I mean, it would be a good infrastructure upgrade if they were to ever build a new campground back there, could operate a shuttle service for both that, GWL, and the dorms. But for normal tram use, it just veers away from the parking lot itself too quickly.

Edit to add a history tidbit relating to Great Wolf and a campground: In November 2006 when GWL construction was down to finishing touches, the marquee sign on KI Drive included a "Kings Island Campground" sign, with an arrow aiming down the new road:

IMG_9877.jpg

Less than a month (and some landscaping) later, that sign had been removed:

IMG_0699.jpg

• Like 3

Maybe they are redoing the entrance plaza? I think the entrance could use new ticket booths and guest services as well as an overall facelift. I don’t necessarily want them to tear down the old entrance, but it would be nice if they redid the facade. Also, the ticket booths, season pass processing center, and eating area could all use a complete overhaul. It would be a great new for 2021 addition in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Invertago has been on the chopping block for some time. 

That is all speculation, though. I don’t know why the park would be putting markers down for a ride removal. I don’t recall any markers for Firehawk or Vortex before they were torn down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PKIDelirium said:

Removing a third coaster in as many years wouldn't be the greatest look, unless they absolutely had to. Even then, I could see it being left SBNO to avoid demolition costs, unless something was already slated to replace it.

I agree. Kings Island needs to focus on regaining attendance. Removing another coaster will not attract more guests to the park.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PKIDelirium said:

Removing a third coaster in as many years wouldn't be the greatest look, unless they absolutely had to.

I agree, that would look horrible for the park.

2 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I agree. Kings Island needs to focus on regaining attendance. Removing another coaster will not attract more guests to the park.

I think its obvious that one day Invertigo will leave us but I don't see that day coming anytime soon. Its got extra parts from Stinger so its not like its on life support. I don't think the park could afford to lose another coaster at this point in time 

• Like 2

I am hoping this is a sign of a parking lot update, but could be as simple as a new sidewalk. To go further, a new utilities like fiber being run through the area and nothing that will impact rides. 

I am not going to jump to any concussions until I see more than a stake when a flag, but it sure is fun to speculate.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

At times... It seems like a few pieces of wood get staked into the ground and people read into it more than they should.

Some see a flag marker and go straight to renovating a full section of the park. We need to think realistically in these ideas.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Yes, there are markers indicating the removal of the road. 

Do you have proof that there are indications that the road will be removed? Also, even if the road is removed, that does not necessarily mean a ride will also be removed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

The road’s removal is marked along with markings for utility work. If you plot them out on a map, it’s pretty telling.

Do you have a map you can show us? If a ride IS going to be removed, what one is it going to be?

13 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

Edit to add a history tidbit relating to Great Wolf and a campground: In November 2006 when GWL construction was down to finishing touches, the marquee sign on KI Drive included a "Kings Island Campground" sign, with an arrow aiming down the new road:

[Images]

That's really interesting... I wonder if the park just planned on using the small annex of the old campground that wasn't removed for Great Wolf Lodge (center of this photo), or if there were plans to clear some of the old safari land and build a new campground out there. I've always thought the demand for a campground was there, and it seems like that land would be ideal to build one on.

campground.JPG

• Like 3