Markers Placed by Old Columbia Rd.

IndyGuy4KI

Here are some things to check out that talk about the current state of the company.

The first is their most recent investment presentation from this month: https://s2.q4cdn.com/170666959/files/doc_presentations/2020/08/FUN-Investor-Presentation_2020-08_FINAL_pdf.pdf

The second is https://www.cleveland.com/business/2020/08/cedar-fair-acknowledges-park-attendance-hasnt-met-expectations-reports-second-quarter-operating-loss.html

Interesting in the second one, the CFO mentions that Knott's, Wonderland, CP, and KI make up 80% of annual revenue.  Also KI and CP are only reaching 15% of capacity but are still profitable.

I would encourage everyone to read both of these documents.  There are a couple key takeaways:

Cedar Fair has to maintain at least $125 million minimum liquidity level (slide 12 of the presentation).

They are expecting cash burn rate to be $30-40 million per month thru the rest of the year. Liquidity position as of June 28, 2020, was $661 million which reflects $360 million in available revolver capacity (net of approximately $15 million letters of credit) and $301 million in cash on hand (slide 14 of the presentation).

Long-term they are still looking at something new in every park, every year.  They are expanding "cadence of and reduce reliance on large-scale investments to drive growth" (slide 17 of the presentation).

"Something for everyone - consumers are seeking entertainment options that can accommodate all types of people, ages and interests" and "Consumers see “local” as more authentic" (slide 18 of the presentation).

"Top Reasons to Visit Parks: • Family Rides • Thrill Coasters • Water Rides • Seasonal Events • Anniversary Celebrations" (slide 19 of the presentation).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Turns out you can potentially fit a record breaking wing coaster on the site where markers are without:

1. Removing Timberwolf
  2. Reducing lot capacity by significant amount
  3. Making major alterations to the land

Did you draw this out or make a concept of it because I love concepts like this even if they are outlandish. Also, this may be an unpopular opinion, but I would prefer almost any other type of coaster at the front of the park over a wing coaster because we would lose some of our uniqueness from Cedar Point. If it were a launched wing coaster that would be better, but I would prefer something like a B&M flyer over the entrance or maybe a B&M multi-launch depending on what the surf coaster ends up being. I say B&M because I don’t know if Cedar Fair would put any other coaster at the front gate that is not a B&M.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Did you draw this out or make a concept of it because I love concepts like this even if they are outlandish. Also, this may be an unpopular opinion, but I would prefer almost any other type of coaster at the front of the park over a wing coaster because we would lose some of our uniqueness from Cedar Point. If it were a launched wing coaster that would be better, but I would prefer something like a B&M flyer over the entrance or maybe a B&M multi-launch depending on what the surf coaster ends up being. I say B&M because I don’t know if Cedar Fair would put any other coaster at the front gate that is not a B&M.

It’s a full concept. The ride that I came up with wouldn’t be intense, but would be a hit with enthusiasts and the general public alike.

This is still the most recent statement of work for the 2019, 2020, 2021 seasons. I don't see any coaster manufactures outside of B & M and GCI. We already got our Giga and GCI is probably on there for racer/ beast partial retracking. That almost definitely eliminates a coaster. Waterslide restoration is the only company I see that would definitely be related to rides. Not sure if they did anything to the slides in 2019 or 2020 but that might be our 2021 addition. Most likely the markers are parking lot stuff and utilities. I would love for it to be otherwise but I don't see it as of yet. Should be getting a new statement of work by the end of the year though so we don't have to wait too long.

2020-08-17 13_03_42-Window.png

• Like 3

Rides Entertainment works with Gerstlauer and Funtime among other companies.  They also work with KCL Engineering, which was rumored to do the lighting for Orion although I don't know if that was ever officially confirmed.

One interesting one on there is Arenas Americas who does among other things festival seating for concerts.  Could that be a hint at Timberwolf going away or could it be something else?

10 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

One interesting one on there is Arenas Americas who does among other things festival seating for concerts.  Could that be a hint at Timberwolf going away or could it be something else?

Here's a link to their website. It seems like they are a rental company for festivals. They do tents and stuff.

Link: https://www.arenaamericas.com/

5 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

Given the fact that SpiritSong is really the only concert series they get every year, it makes sense just to use part of the parking lot and do the temporary stage and seating.  That would get rid of the eyesore that is Timberwolf and better use that area.

Here's the thing. SpiritSong usually brings in tons of people. If they do it in part of the parking lot, they would need to probably work with some places in the surrounding area to let people park in and shuttle them in so that they could have extra parking available in the event the rest of the lot fills up. Also, where in the parking lot would they do it?

• Like 1

Pink and White. Around Marker 4 listed in the previous map.

I call complete BS. I think you are just trying to drive more viewers to YOUR website. You’re telling me you were able to see all these markers from riding The Bat and tell their colors and if they were stakes or paint. I’ve got a bridge to sell you. You do realize that’s over 700 feet away from your “marker 4” on the map. Plus you would have to be looking over your shoulder and likely have other cars in your way. Can you get a better picture with a drone lol. 9ff7f60d25d85e712894ec8b02354777.jpg

7 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I call complete BS. I think you are just trying to drive more viewers to YOUR website. You’re telling me you were able to see all these markers from riding The Bat and tell their colors and if they were stakes or paint. I’ve got a bridge to sell you. You do realize that’s over 700 feet away from your “marker 4” on the map. Plus you would have to be looking over your shoulder and likely have other cars in your way. Can you get a better picture with a drone lol. 9ff7f60d25d85e712894ec8b02354777.jpg

With this picture, I definitely agree it does look impossible to see new markers from The Bat. I don’t doubt that @gforce1994 did see new markers though, but I don’t think they could be near Marker 4 and still be visible from The Bat.

Just now, FUN&ONLY! said:

With this picture, I definitely agree it does look impossible to see those from The Bat. I don’t doubt that @gforce1994 did see new markers though, but I don’t think they could be near Marker 4 and still be visible from The Bat.

I was saying they were near marker 4 as in  that was the marker closest to it.