Markers Placed by Old Columbia Rd.

IndyGuy4KI

17 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Not really marker related, but the light post by the SOB queue is on:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/479956965515693/permalink/1653226314855413/

I can’t see the picture.

Edit: I know not all of you trust Coaster Nation, but here is a decent picture of the lights from their Facebook page. It is weird how these lights are on right now. Are they usually on during Halloween Haunt when Wolf Pack is open?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3558474277520781&id=206282526073323&ref=page_internal&__tn__=*s*s-R

I call complete BS. I think you are just trying to drive more viewers to YOUR website. You’re telling me you were able to see all these markers from riding The Bat and tell their colors and if they were stakes or paint. I’ve got a bridge to sell you. You do realize that’s over 700 feet away from your “marker 4” on the map. Plus you would have to be looking over your shoulder and likely have other cars in your way. Can you get a better picture with a drone lol. 9ff7f60d25d85e712894ec8b02354777.jpg

How does that foot taste?
bc84e334dcfca92d7e618d77c7d56bb0.jpg
cd6c22d3b807c6913078d397a764a584.jpg

I don’t feel like sharing more since so many want to bash others. Be lucky I shared these as there are many more. You all need to learn to respect other members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

I don’t feel like sharing more since so many want to bash others. Be lucky I shared these as there are many more. You all need to learn to respect other members.

I believe you and @gforce1994. I don’t see why anyone would be lying over markers, so I have no reason to doubt anyone’s claims. I am excited though as it seems like there are a lot of markers stretching from Son of Beast’s area to the south of The Bat towards Invertigo. This could literally mean anything, but I feel like it is probably more than just utility work with how many markers we have seen.

• Like 1

I totally can believe the SOB station may be getting torn down but I can't see any rides going there right now.  I also don't think we would get a coaster anytime soon.  Flats would not make sense in that location because of the elevation changes and also because they wouldn't be highly visible back there.

If they really are removing part of Columbia Road it makes sense that Timberwolf may finally be going away.  (If Cedar Point can do temporary staging / seating for their version of SpiritSong there is no reason that we can't either.)  It would be great if they went to Mack and tried to get a deal for two flats (a Teacups style Keggers ride and a Musik Express) and put them in part of the Timberwolf plot.  Both are relatively good capacity for flats and that area needs some family rides.   As I mentioned in a previous post, opening that area up would also allow you to re-route The Bat entrance and exit.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JubJester said:

Probably the constant spam of articles he wants clicks on, or maybe that tree by The Beast that led to nothing. I can continue.

The tree by The Beast ended up being the far reverse Treble Clef for Orion. They needed to create a larger runoff network to prevent flooding in the lower areas of the ride.

Going back to Columbia Road. I feel that a huge ride is needed to draw people to the area to ride Bat as well.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JubJester said:

Mybad! It was The Bat.

It turns out there was Ash Bore in the trees. It’s sad they were not replaced with trees and or theming.

I feel any addition to AZ will help drive foot traffic to Bat, which is needed, as I feel it is very underrated.

• Like 1

You’re telling me he saw those from The Bat from over 700 feet away while looking over his shoulder? You might buy that bridge also!

I believe nothing out of his mouth. Honestly those that operate independent sites that spam this fan forum for clicks shouldn’t be allowed to be here.

Edit: removed unnecessary anger

• Like 1

Lets be real, this isn't the coaster wars. This isn't early 2000s Cedar Point or Worlds of Adventure. Why would we get a coaster immediately after a $30 million + investment? If anything, immediately getting a new coaster devalues Orion.

If people are so hell bent on thinking we're getting a new coaster, it wouldn't even be something huge. The only type of coaster KI could logically get in such a short time frame would be a compact clone like a Sky Rocket, a freespin, or something of that nature and even that's far fetched.

The whole industry took a huge hit with this pandemic. Even if quarantine measures weren't put in place and the park opened on time I'd argue attendance would still drop somewhat due to the fear of uncertainty many people have with this virus. No amount of coasters will change people's minds when it comes to their health. People who are deciding to quarantine aren't suddenly going to be more enticed to go to KI if they have another new coaster. A lot of people still haven't gotten to ride Orion yet. Also the whole "Canada's Wonderland got back to back coasters" is a poor excuse. That was early 2000s Paramount- this is cautious 2020s Cedar Fair. If you want to have a park that keeps loading up on unnecessary coasters then go to Magic Mountain.

Excuse me while I go eat a Snickers.

• Like 8

You’re telling me he saw those from The Bat from over 700 feet away while looking over his shoulder? You might buy that bridge also!

I believe nothing out of his mouth. Honestly those that operate independent sites that spam this fan forum for clicks shouldn’t be allowed to be here.

1.) Yes, you can see these markings from the lift hill very easily; unless you are legally blind.

2.) Members like you are one of the reasons why many are not here.

3.) I’m done with this topic, good day.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

As many have said on this forum, you can see the markers from the lift. Furthermore, there are a lot of markers (sprayed and staked).

• Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised if The Bat took it's final flight very soon.  rarely a line, I can't imagine replacement parts are plentiful at this point, the paint-job looks shoddy (again)...  I don't think they've used Timberwolf on any consistent basis in years.  So... removal of those two wouldn't be a stretch.

That said, I have to side with infrastructure and utilities.  I can't imagine the park doing a large project in the front when they likely knew that some prime real estate in the back was going to be vacant.   You can seal those two areas off from the park and let nature reclaim without losing much- or even a small entrance created for GWL guests (I think there was a plan for that years ago... maybe... I've slept a few nights since then).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Outdoor Man said:

I wouldn't be surprised if The Bat took it's final flight very soon.  rarely a line, I can't imagine replacement parts are plentiful at this point, the paint-job looks shoddy (again)...  I don't think they've used Timberwolf on any consistent basis in years.  So... removal of those two wouldn't be a stretch.

That said, I have to side with infrastructure and utilities.  I can't imagine the park doing a large project in the front when they likely knew that some prime real estate in the back was going to be vacant.   You can seal those two areas off from the park and let nature reclaim without losing much- or even a small entrance created for GWL guests (I think there was a plan for that years ago... maybe... I've slept a few nights since then).

Timberwolf is used every year for Sprit Song (except this year).

1 hour ago, Outdoor Man said:

I wouldn't be surprised if The Bat took it's final flight very soon.

With the park in the midst of the pandemic and the fact that we've removed two coasters in 2 years I personally don't think KI is willing to let anything go for a while. The Bat is currently 27 years old so I could see them trying to get at least 35 years out of it which would extend it to around 2028. By 2028 hopefully we have a Vortex replacement by then with the hopes of another coaster to round out the 2020s.

Iron Dragon at Cedar Point is 33 years old after all. I could see Cedar Point maybe closing that down the road and splitting its parts between us and Canada's Wonderland. Until we get a Vortex replacement, I don't see us getting rid of anymore coasters. Look how long Kings Dominion's held on to Anaconda. I still think Invertigo will be the next coaster to bite the dust.

My two cents

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Outdoor Man said:

I wouldn't be surprised if The Bat took it's final flight very soon.  rarely a line, I can't imagine replacement parts are plentiful at this point, the paint-job looks shoddy (again)... 

S&S purchased the assets of Arrow and still manufactures replacement parts.  They own all of the designs and my understanding is that effectively there is nothing that is not easily purchasable, they will happily manufacture anything needed and carry a lot of the common parts so they can rapidly ship them out.  Arrow coasters are known to be easy and cheap to maintain.

• Like 1