Markers Placed by Old Columbia Rd.

IndyGuy4KI

21 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

How does that foot taste?
bc84e334dcfca92d7e618d77c7d56bb0.jpg
cd6c22d3b807c6913078d397a764a584.jpg

I don’t feel like sharing more since so many want to bash others. Be lucky I shared these as there are many more. You all need to learn to respect other members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't questioning if there were markers or not, and I don't think others were questioning that. I don' think anyone would blatantly lie about markers. I think the debate or questioning was about what they are for. It was being said confidently that these would be for a coaster. I and others put our opinion in the forum that we find that unlikely. 

Also, no need to drop the "feel lucky I shared these". These aren't special secrete pics. That being said, thank you for sharing them, but there is no reason for talking high and mighty.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, gforce1994 said:

It’s a SpongeBob joke.

That being said, all together, there’s more markers here than at CP, so that’s a pretty decent indication that they’re putting a lot of markers down.

I agree that there are a lot of markers down. I just think there are other things that can warrant a lot of markers. Ill be the first to say I am wrong if it turns out to be a coaster; I hope you are right!

Not saying they are racing to remove The Bat.  But like all "assets"- when the cost of maintenance exceeds the perceived ROI... it becomes a liability.  See Firehawk ("only" 18 years old at its demise) SOB (last ride at 9 years) and Vortex.  

The Bat is a maintenance issue from extinction.

^ @Hawaiian Coasters 325I know that i didn't have to watch that, but I did.  I just wasted 1 minute and 24 seconds of my life that I can't get back.

Absolutely no context to these photos.  Some are so zoomed it that the clarity is good, but there is no way to verify that they were taken at KI.  For all I know, they could have been shot on someone's drive, a side street or a Kroger parking lot.   But such vague context is what we have come to expect from that site.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I'm not breathing too much into this because Kings Island just installed Orion this year and are still trying to get their return on investment from it. I highly doubt we'll see a new coaster next year. I could see them possibly relocating a ride somewhere else in the park to make room for future expansion. Just a thought there.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Shawn Meyer said:

I'm not breathing too much into this because Kings Island just installed Orion this year and are still trying to get their return on investment from it. I highly doubt we'll see a new coaster next year. I could see them possibly relocating a ride somewhere else in the park to make room for future expansion. Just a thought there.

Question is, why are the markers being put on the park edge? They could easily remove Timberwolf and load that area with flat rides.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Question is, why are the markers being put on the park edge? They could easily remove Timberwolf and load that area with flat rides.

Um well I'm just kid but they have dorms and they need a road to get to work and if I look on googles maps that a good place to put a road over to the forms

15 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

The road would have to be redesigned if it was for employee transport. 

I think that's literally what they're aiming to do. Widen it to allow for two lanes. You don't build employee dorms without having a set path for shuttles to go back and forth. 

I seriously think people are looking too much into this

Snapchat-566595923.jpg

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, SonofBaconator said:

I think that's literally what they're aiming to do. Widen it to allow for two lanes. You don't build employee dorms without having a set path for shuttles to go back and forth. 

I seriously think people are looking too much into this

Snapchat-566595923.jpg

Actually, the main gate would block employees, using that road, from entering the park. 

• Like 1

Just now, SonofBaconator said:

I thought it was to the left of HR which is a very short walk from the main gate. 

There’s a pathway one has to follow to get in. The time spent walking from the end of Columbia Road to it would be more than the time spent by a shuttle bus driving down KI Dr and dropping them off at employee drop off.

• Like 1

Just now, gforce1994 said:

There’s a pathway one has to follow to get in. The time spent walking from the end of Columbia Road to it would be more than the time spent by a shuttle bus driving down KI Dr and dropping them off at employee drop off.

But I'm talking about people who live in the dorms behind Great Wolf Lodge.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I think he means the employee vehicle entrance which is on the Soak City side near the strip mall where Lazer Kraze used to be. 

Yes but this conversation concerns the dorms and the employees who live in them. Not every employee has a car- especially international workers who don't even have an American drivers license which is why they need a shuttle. 

I worked with a guy up at CP who lived in Cleveland. He didn't have a car so I would drive him back to the dorms so he wouldn't have to wait on a shuttle.

• Like 2

Kings Island built dorms so they can have more employees, especially International Workers. International workers do not own cars let alone have American drivers licences. How do you expect them to get to work? You're not going to have them walk that whole way or expect them to carpool; the same goes for American employees who chose to leave their cars back home. Most colleges offer shuttles for their students because a good chunk of them live in dorms and aren't able to bring their cars. I'm not saying its confirmed that they are building a shuttle route but it doesn't seem out of the question.

Not trying to sound rude or a know it all, I just don't understand why things that make sense are so quickly dismissed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Kings Island built dorms so they can have more employees, especially International Workers. International workers do not own cars let alone have American drivers licences. How do you expect them to get to work? You're not going to have them walk that whole way or expect them to carpool; the same goes for American employees who chose to leave their cars back home. Most colleges offer shuttles for their students because a good chunk of them live in dorms and aren't able to bring their cars. I'm not saying its confirmed that they are building a shuttle route but it doesn't seem out of the question.

Not trying to sound rude or a know it all, I just don't understand why things that make sense are so quickly dismissed.

There’s a pathway from GWL to KI. It takes less than 10 minutes to walk it.

• Like 1