Markers Placed by Old Columbia Rd.

IndyGuy4KI

12 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

There’s a pathway from GWL to KI. It takes less than 10 minutes to walk it.

"Come work at Kings Island where you can live in our new dorms but you have to walk nearly a mile to get to work. Oh also if you work a closing shift you have to walk that whole way back in the dark."

I'm done arguing, its giving me a headache at this point.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

"Come work at Kings Island where you can live in our new dorms but you have to walk nearly a mile to get to work. Oh also if you work a closing shift you have to walk that whole way back in the dark."

I'm done arguing, its giving me a headache at this point.

But why would they need to change tele-communication lines, conduct temporary survey and alter recently built runoff lines? If anything this would have been done before the dorms were finished.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

But why would they need to change tele-communication lines, conduct temporary survey and alter recently built runoff lines? If anything this would have been done before the dorms were finished.

Gotta keep that speculation and those clicks going, eh?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

So you are saying a new road to transport dorm tenants is out of the question, but a new coaster is the only conclusion we are allowed to come to from the markers? You are not willing to entertain any other option?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

So you are saying a new road to transport dorm tenants is out of the question, but a new coaster is the only conclusion we are allowed to come to from the markers? You are not willing to entertain any other option?

Here’s the thing we have telecommunications, excavation, and hydraulic survey markers. Roads don’t need that. Furthermore, to have a road transport workers, it would have to have the bus cross the main route by guests to get into the park. It would be very impractical. They already have a shuttle, and the time saved by this hypothetical new route, wouldn’t be worth the cost.

When you have excavation markers, you’re not just removing the road, you are removing part of the surrounding area as well. The size of this area is so large it points to one outcome.

• Like 1

Burying the utility lines on the old above-ground posts requires excavation. Removing the old utility wiring to the Son of Beast station requires excavation and removal. If they take out the SOB station and ramps while they're at it, that involves demolition...

I expect it's nothing more than utility housekeeping, possibly revamping the road for a dorm (and maybe GWL) shuttle, and perhaps taking the SOB station while they're at it.

• Like 2

The employee entrance is closer to Waterpark. 

No it’s not. It’s right next to the main gate. Security gate 3.

Also I don’t think they are charging the road for employee access. Much cheaper for them to have their shuttle van to go around than raise to lower the road. Cheaper to put an employee entrance on that side of the park.

There are also markers down by Soak City as well where utilities have already been put underground. I’m just hoping this is an overall parking lot repair project.

I don’t think it’s anything to do with an attraction. I think it’s overall infrastructure improvements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

^As a college professor would say- show your work. 

Also, you can't double down forever. 

I have experience with surveying and placing markers. The work being done here seems like something for vertical construction.

4 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I think he means the vehicle entrance which is on the Soak City side near the little strip mall where Lazer Kraze used to be. 

That’s what I meant. 

• Haha 1

@gforce1994 so is the only vertical construction possible a nice new mega coaster? Also what is your experience? And what specifically  are you seeing that you know leads to this? I would love to learn and believe you. Just show us what makes you feel that way. When you just state random thoughts and say you are right, you lose a lot of credibility. 

It is the equivalent of me telling a patient I know they have lung cancer while walking out of the room and saying nothing else. No. You show images, test results, etc. to support your diagnoses.

• Like 4

Its really sad to see @gforce1994 having to keep being reminded to actually prove his points time after time, almost as if he can't or doesn't want to.  

If you have to keep being browbeaten to do this, you're clearly not a reliable source of information, regardless of how much alleged knowledge you claim to have.

And I've been to Coaster Nation, its a pretty hacky site when it comes to park industry news.    

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

I have experience with surveying and placing markers. The work being done here seems like something for vertical construction.

That’s what I meant. 

I agree. This seems like this is more than a just a road  being prepped for. If they wanted to just pave an access road they would just lay asphalt like they did with Orion's. I don't remember seeing any markers for Orion's new access road back there. Also, isn't there already a shuttle picking the employees up at the dorm building?

One thing that confuses me is that if this is for an Action Zone expansion, why are we seeing markers by Soak City‘S entrance? I believe that there is a chance that a rollercoaster will pass over the entrance, but I know it won’t go all the way over to Soak City’s entrance.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

@silver2005, so I’m guessing KIC is requiring members to send in Resumes now.

@IndyGuy4KI, @malemknows I’ve done work in construction, so I don’t need to explain it any further.

So use that and explain for us who aren't keen on that how you know there are telecommunication, excavation, and hydraulic survey markers, because going by this thread, we've only seen pink survey markers which mean anything.  

And FYI, I don't go to the park as I am refraining due to the virus.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

One thing that confuses me is that if this is for an Action Zone expansion, why are we seeing markers by Soak City‘S entrance? I believe that there is a chance that a rollercoaster will pass over the entrance, but I know it won’t go all the way over to Soak City’s entrance.

Those were for a second project, the updating of utilities. There are cables at the entrance.

9 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

So use that and explain for us who aren't keen on that how you know there are telecommunication, excavation, and hydraulic survey markers, because going by this thread, we've only seen pink survey markers which mean anything.  

And FYI, I don't go to the park as I am refraining due to the virus.  

Pink means temporary survey.

White means excavation point.

Orange means telecommunication/electrical lines.

Yellow means high pressure steam, gas lines.

All 4 of those have been seen in the vicinity of the area we are talking about.

@gforce1994 I think it might help if you give some other members ideas that they are throwing out there some thought and discussion. After all, this is a discussion forum.

Use your engineering degree to think about other ideas and how that could fit into the markers you have seen. Having your mind set on just a coaster will likely lead to disappointment.

In the mean time, others that read your articles are getting excited for a coaster that you are highly suggesting that the park is most likely not building.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

@gforce1994 I think it might help if you give some other members ideas that they are throwing out there some thought and discussion. After all, this is a discussion forum.

Use your engineering degree to think about other ideas and how that could fit into the markers your have seen. Having your mind set on just a coaster will likely lead to disappointment.

In the mean time, others that read your articles are getting excited for a coaster that you are highly suggesting that the park is most likely not building.

I might get banned for this but you've given him too much slack. There are people who have been fed up for a while with the blatant misinformation. I argue there are certain people who cry wolf just to get the attention. Look at all the arguments (aside from mine) that have flooded this thread. Meanwhile there is a website, that we're pretty much all familiar with by now, that's racking up the views and hits because their content is still popping up and being shared on this site. 

I made a logical argument about a shuttle. I provided a solid argument as to why I think it might be a shuttle, showed renderings (albeit basic) to support my argument and gave personal examples. What you don't see me arguing is whether I'm right no not. I could be dead wrong. Now the member (members I should say) are making vague claims with no logical argument. They provide pictures but very little context. Its the same thing we've encountered time and time again- "We just know. Everyone else is wrong. Etc etc."

So many threads have gotten derailed. I've tried to be as civil and polite as I can possibly be. I try to hear people out and get their side but its getting old. There's blatant lies and inaccuracies that were never nipped in the bud and now they've blossomed into a vine that has snared the very idea of a decent discussion. People are using this site for their personal gain. I go on this site because the world is in a very dark place and this is the one place I can go to unwind and have fun with people who have similar interests with me. I don't want to see people making false statements just to promote themselves and their website. I can't even hit the ignore button anymore because so many people get triggered, (and rightfully so) that they respond to the offending member so we can still see what's going on.

Like I've mentioned earlier this month, the park looks at this site, people on the internet look at this site, news reporters look at this site. If we continue to let all this false information plague our discussions then we're doing a disservice to ourselves and the people who I mentioned above.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Let me add on and echo what @SonofBaconator has said. I agree with everything that he has stated. I do not want to get mad at @gforce1994 and I want to respect his decisions and have a cool and interesting debate with him. Yes I agree markers are interesting especially for an amusement park, but you cannot just say things and follow it with "I know what markers mean and trust me". That is not how life works. I also know that there are much bigger, more important things in life than KIC. Posts like his make people not want to continue to read, and it will ultimately drive down traffic to the site. It is sad but true. People come off far to mean and hostile on this site. I am trying to be nice and understand where gforce is coming from. I would love for him to be right, but at the same time, you are acting like a 12 year old with an IQ of 90. All people are asking is to just give us some additional info as to why you think the things that you do. It really is not that hard and a very simple fix. I can assure you if you do that people will start to take you more seriously and show you more respect. 

• Thanks 1

I really appreciate all the updates @gforce1994 has shared with us regarding the markers, and I hope he continues sharing them. These markers have created an interesting topic of discussion that SHOULD make for some fun conversations. However, some users are so dead set on their respective opinions that they are tuning out other opinions and just proclaiming that they are right (I will admit, I have been an offender to some extent). This discussion should be fun, and it can be. Right now there are a bunch of markers at the park, and they could literally mean anything. Everyone has their own opinions as to what these markers might mean, and it is fun to hear everyone’s thoughts. I suggest that EVERYONE respect each other’s opinions and actually read them with an open mind. Maybe reconsider your own thoughts and share some more insight as to why you think the way you do. Right now none of us know for sure what is going on with these construction markers, so let’s try to have a good discussion and listen to each others’ thoughts and ideas.

• Like 3

Maybe you guys are all wrong, it's the world's longest extended disco, Son of Surf Dog! (I kid, I kid)

All joking aside though, from what I know of the area and the markers thereof, I think we're looking at utility work. Now, personally speaking I'd love to see a major investment into a repaving of the parking lot as honestly it's becoming more of an issue by the day. However, knowing how the park works and operates, I would think this might just be some electrical project or maybe even a small extension to the walkway. I wouldn't invest too much time personally into the matter as 2021 is going to be a dry year for KI in my opinion, maybe some touch ups and upgrades but I wouldn't go after a mountain when there's only a mole hill. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BB1 said:

Maybe you guys are all wrong, it's the world's longest extended disco, Son of Surf Dog! (I kid, I kid)

All joking aside though, from what I know of the area and the markers thereof, I think we're looking at utility work. Now, personally speaking I'd love to see a major investment into a repaving of the parking lot as honestly it's becoming more of an issue by the day. However, knowing how the park works and operates, I would think this might just be some electrical project or maybe even a small extension to the walkway. I wouldn't invest too much time personally into the matter as 2021 is going to be a dry year for KI in my opinion, maybe some touch ups and upgrades but I wouldn't go after a mountain when there's only a mole hill. 

I’m thinking this is something for 2022/2023 timeframe.

• Like 1

I am not sold on the park running shuttles, it’s possible but is the dorm big enough to justify the expense?  I measured it on goggle maps and it’s just over a half mile, that’s about the same as walking from Banshee to Soak City, or the same as walking from Great Wolf Lodge.  My guess is still lighting, new light poles, which might have call boxes to connect to park security, maybe even security cameras.  They are definitely going to want to improve the path to the dorms and the logical path is Columbia Rd.  But I expect people will be walking.

People keep talking about removing Timberwolf, but no one is talking about the fact that the only paved road back to the maintenance buildings outside of the park is right behind Timberwolf.  Moving the path to The Bat requires going under this road because there is only one place to head back there and that’s the current path.  Unless they also remove this section of the road and reroute the traffic which would have to travel down Columbia road a little ways, and require paving a small section to link up under The Bat to around Banshee.  Also the park just built a new storage building behind Timberwolf when they restarted Winterfest.

• Like 1

I want to believe that this is a shuttle route, but unless it stops at the entrance, it doesn't make sense unless they plan on building a walkway over-top so it can get down further to Soak City. Might just be simple utilities work and maybe some underground additions. The most recent statement of work includes next year and doesn't have anything juicy in it. No matter what it is, this is definitely fun.

• Like 2

[mention=8818]gforce1994[/mention] I think it might help if you give some other members ideas that they are throwing out there some thought and discussion. After all, this is a discussion forum.
Use your engineering degree to think about other ideas and how that could fit into the markers you have seen. Having your mind set on just a coaster will likely lead to disappointment.

The only thing@gforce1994 is engineering is another BS story/prediction to drive traffic to his website.

This guy has zero credibility on anything he’s ever predicted and has nothing to back up his nonsense.

24 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

The only thing@gforce1994 is engineering is another BS story/prediction to drive traffic to his website.

This guy has zero credibility on anything he’s ever predicted and has nothing to back up his nonsense.

2018: predicted Giga coaster from horizontal construction related to installation of expanded runoff system - got Orion

2018 CP: Predicted removal of Witches Wheel in 2019 - got BBQ.

You might think I have zero credibility, but I have shown you two cases where I made an accurate prediction well ahead of time.

• Like 1

2018: predicted Giga coaster from horizontal construction related to installation of expanded runoff system - got Orion
2018 CP: Predicted removal of Witches Wheel in 2019 - got BBQ.
You might think I have zero credibility, but I have shown you two cases where I made an accurate prediction well ahead of time.

Yep you totally predicted a Giga coaster based on a drainage pipe. Well done sir!

You’re a crack shot at this predicting business. Maybe you should start a website for all your predictions.
  • Like 1