Markers Placed by Old Columbia Rd.

IndyGuy4KI

17 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I wish Congo Falls was in Rivertown, but oh well.

I hear you. I always thought that Congo Falls should be moved over closer to the other water rides. If they were able to tear down the old crypt building or part of it and re-theme Congo falls with more of that jungle theme, I think it would fit in nicely there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenban said:

I cannot help think about the fact that all of the work seems centered around either a road, or a maintenance road.  The only paved path from the parking lot to the maintenance buildings passes under the pathways to the SOB station.  Is all of this work linked?  Maybe, and it could easily be linked in a way we are not aware of.  I think we are too fixated on a coaster being the link.  For instance a complete retheming of Action Zone, with the removal of Timberwolf could easily force the park to move maintenance roads and repave Columbia Rd.

The thing is, should KI pursue building a front gate coaster (only park in top 5 CF properties without one), they would need to come up alongside the road that already exists (no need to build over office buildings)

E2AC0FA1-6168-4DD6-AB2D-8E862205424D.png
In fact, using the old SOB station allows a great opportunity for a coaster along the front entrance and a weenie for Action Zone. One could easily put a ride similar to Helix at the front (would work well with the trees).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gforce1994 said:

The thing is, should KI pursue building a front gate coaster (only park in top 5 CF properties without one), they would need to come up alongside the road that already exists (no need to build over office buildings)

Ignoring the fact that Cedar Fair executives have stated in interviews that they do not intend to build an entrance coaster at Kings Island because they like the entrance and feel a coaster could ruin the look and feel.  Some of those individuals have moved on, its possible plans have changed.  Also my guess is if they do build an entrance coaster it would stay off to the side and not pass over or under the entrance.

Your not wrong building to the entrance would come from that direction, but here’s the thing, it would also likely be closer to the park and not directly over that road where the markers are located.  Starting near the SOB station also does not make sense if your going to the entrance, it would literally take a coaster as long or longer than Orion to make it between those two points by going around Timberwolf unless you build directly over Action Zone.

We typically receive a coaster every 3 years that means next coaster is likely 2023 or maybe a little later.  This also makes sense because it is the year after the anniversary.  Anniversary years are terrible times to open big new rides, people will visit just because of the anniversary there is no need to build something new to draw in guests.  But at this point I expect 2023 and later projects are on hold, 2022 projects which can be delayed likely have been as well.

Modern coaster design calls for a big open entrance plaza, and that rides are not placed on dead ends.  Building a station anywhere back towards The Bat would likely be a mistake.  This means opening up space in Action Zone.  Likely either EXtreme Skyflyer, Timberwolf, Congo Falls, or more than one of these.

Here’s the thing, I have been expecting a remodeling of Action Zone, which would include removing Congo Falls and Timberwolf, and possibly moving the Skyflyer somewhere else.  Painting the tower, retheming the ride and building a new queue for the Drop Tower.  Move the maintenance road, and build a new “shorter” path to The Bat.  Build a few new flats, rename the area, and leave a nice spot for a queue, entrance plaza, station, etc for a coaster, which would run where the trees are located between the parking lot and the park, likely heading towards Great Wolf Lodge, before heading back towards the entrance.  This would likely be a huge multi year project.  The flat rides, and new area could be ready for the anniversary, and the coaster to come later.

I just cannot see a coaster just getting shoved into Action Zone without some big changes, maybe not as extensive as I am thinking, but at the same time it would not surprise me.  It also feels too early to be on coaster watch for one which is likely years away.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

Many who have been around for a while will confirm, the park doesn’t spend money unless they need to. The station does not need to be removed unless something is planned for that space. I will put down a $100 bill that if it coming down then something is planned for the space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um I thought you got mad and left twice and now back???  If they tear it down what going in there huh? I read this and just laugh at how mad some get because King's island turn on some lights lolololol

As far as the poster who keeps suggesting that these survey markers are more than they really are...many of us who have been around for a few years can recall that back in 2017, he started an entire thread about a marker in a tree by The Bat.  It was an orange or red flag which he said indicated electrical work.  He followed the same pattern that he has followed here.  The end result of the marker was that it was a dead tree that needed to be removed.  No more, no less.  So take that into consideration when he suggests major projects.  Everyone is free to their own opinions, but IMHO, this website should not be used to promote a fansite that promotes non-credible information.  

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

As far as the poster who keeps suggesting that these survey markers are more than they really are...many of us who have been around for a few years can recall that back in 2017, he started an entire thread about a marker in a tree by The Bat.  It was an orange or red flag which he said indicated electrical work.  He followed the same pattern that he has followed here.  The end result of the marker was that it was a dead tree that needed to be removed.  No more, no less.  So take that into consideration when he suggests major projects.  Everyone is free to their own opinions, but IMHO, this website should not be used to promote a fansite that promotes non-credible information.  

How is that website non-credible? If you remember the markers by The Bat, it was on this website. Everything posted on the site you mentioned has been thoroughly double checked.

Furthermore, this topic was created by @IndyGuy4KI.

11 hours ago, Kenban said:

Your not wrong building to the entrance would come from that direction, but here’s the thing, it would also likely be closer to the park and not directly over that road where the markers are located.  Starting near the SOB station also does not make sense if your going to the entrance, it would literally take a coaster as long or longer than Orion to make it between those two points by going around Timberwolf unless you build directly over Action Zone.

I got a Wing Coaster of 4900 feet and a launch coaster of 4300 feet using that land.

• Confused 1

Give a KI Enthusiast a marker, said marker turns to seasonal probably pre-planned electrical demo or revamp for a part of the park that has needed it for years now. Enthusiast goes from just seeing markers, to full demo, of what had a huge line on Sunday, of The Bat.

My head hurts. 

I'm sorry, I don't see any correlation, nor do I see the park caddy-cornering itself anymore as it needs to expand and grow. I don't think Bat is going the way of the dodo, and the markers might just be cabling to the old SOB station. We're not going to see major, or minor investments that are going to change the park too much in 2021 unless if we get some repaints. Maybe SOB station is going? Maybe we will see some lighting updated as it needs it, but I wouldn't go all out for a coaster anywhere close or a removal anywhere near this current year. We have far too many areas that already need investment, and the park knows that. I honestly don't want to be a cynic, and I get the whole let's get the thread up to 200 pages about a few flags thing is a vibe but I think that above all else, this is not what we should be focusing on as we have already like what 3 hot spots already that needs expansion or growth that are not even close to where this discussion is. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BB1 said:

Give a KI Enthusiast a marker, said marker turns to seasonal probably pre-planned electrical demo or revamp for a part of the park that has needed it for years now. Enthusiast goes from just seeing markers, to full demo, of what had a huge line on Sunday, of The Bat.

My head hurts. 

I'm sorry, I don't see any correlation, nor do I see the park caddy-cornering itself anymore as it needs to expand and grow. I don't think Bat is going the way of the dodo, and the markers might just be cabling to the old SOB station. We're not going to see major, or minor investments that are going to change the park too much in 2021 unless if we get some repaints. Maybe SOB station is going? Maybe we will see some lighting updated as it needs it, but I wouldn't go all out for a coaster anywhere close or a removal anywhere near this current year. We have far too many areas that already need investment, and the park knows that. I honestly don't want to be a cynic, and I get the whole let's get the thread up to 200 pages about a few flags thing is a vibe but I think that above all else, this is not what we should be focusing on as we have already like what 3 hot spots already that needs expansion or growth that are not even close to where this discussion is. 

Except, there have been dozens of markers, work at the SOB station, and the cutting of electrical wires at SOB station. 

Given the chain’s previous spending patterns, I wouldn’t be surprised if there is something going on. BTW, road is being removed entirely, so that should give an indication of what we are dealing with.

• Like 1

I intentionally made this thread as myself in the Rumors forum. Why? Because I did not want a few flags and paint on the ground to turn into "Kings Island is building a new coaster." By putting this thread in the Rumors forum, it is clear KICentral.com is presenting this thread as non factual and is just members having a discussion.  

The intent for this thread was to point out some flags and speculate on realistic ideas of what they might mean.  Please understand, not being open minded to discuss other options and opinions takes the fun out of the thread. You then start hurting your credibility not only on KIC, but on other sites as well. 

Until we get further proof and hear more from the park about this, here is KICentral.com's stance on this being a coaster:

KICentral.com does not endorse the markings being discussed in this thread as evidence of Kings Island receiving a coaster. There is no credibility to or evidence suggesting this being a roller coaster,  no matter what might be reported as fact by any other fan site.  Any discussions of this being a coaster are nothing but rumors by members on the KIC forum. If and when we hear what these markings are from the park, admim of KICentral.com will be reported as fact in the Kings Island Central Newsroom thread. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, gforce1994 said:

BTW, road is being removed entirely,

Really?  That's news I haven't seen/heard anywhere yet.  Are there new markings/flags?  Is there equipment onsite?  Do you have pictures?  

For those of us who cannot make it to KI right now, we would be interesting in any data you have to share...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Maddog said:

Really?  That's news I haven't seen/heard anywhere yet.  Are there new markings/flags?  Is there equipment onsite?  Do you have pictures?  

For those of us who cannot make it to KI right now, we would be interesting in any data you have to share...

Well, considering the road is littered with white markings that have been previously described and seen from The Bat, the road is being removed. From the documents uploaded to this site, they haven’t hired any firm that deals with building roads, so if they’re removing it and not installing anything..... it’s gone for good.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Well, considering the road is littered with white markings that have been previously described and seen from The Bat, the road is being removed. From the documents uploaded to this site, they haven’t hired any firm that deals with building roads, so if they’re removing it and not installing anything..... it’s gone for good.

It’s only a matter of time before railroad crossings pop up.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

So its not being removed yet? Is it currently being removed? Or is this you extrapolating information? Serious question btw.

A road sprayed with white spray paint is an indication that the road is to be removed. It seems some of the markers are focused around the road.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

A road sprayed with white spray paint is an indication that the road is to be removed. It seems some of the markers are focused around the road.

I understand that. You know more than me regarding construction that is for sure. That being said, you cant say the road is being removed. That is blatant false information. I dont know how you dont see the problem here.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

I understand that. You know more than me regarding construction that is for sure. That being said, you cant say the road is being removed. That is blatant false information. I dont know how you dont see the problem here.

When you mark an area in white for construction, it is an excavation. You can not excavate a road without removing it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

How is that website non-credible? If you remember the markers by The Bat, it was on this website. Everything posted on the site you mentioned has been thoroughly double checked.

Furthermore, this topic was created by @IndyGuy4KI.

I took you off the ignore list to see your response.

The website is not credible because you are a content creator for it.   You have an agenda and that is to push your narrative and drive traffic to your website.  That is a conflict of interest.  When asked to source your information, you source that website and entries you created.

The reason the marker near The Bat was on KIC was because you created the thread.

If everything was double checked on your website, it was a result of you double checking your creation.

Brad created this thread for discussion.  Your outlandish tales are what you created.

Just remember folks, this user created an entire thread about an orange piece of tape and tried to convince people it was for a major project when it really was marking a dead ash tree that needed to be removed.  He created a GiGa coaster based on a drainage pipe.  Now he thinks there is going to be a major coaster near Old Columbia Rd because what likely is utility work.  That's fine.  That could even be a great conjecture.  But he is convinced he is right and there is no other option.  

Edited by BeeastFarmer
typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Call me stupid but all this conversation seems like nonsense in the midst of a pandemic. Literally the only thing we have seen is markers on Columbia Rd. Now we’re talking about a new coaster spanning from SOB station?

Based on an open electrical box apparently we’re getting a new coaster. There is literally nothing to suggest this except one member pushing views to his site and another one that must be a fanboy of his. It ain’t happening!

It's just fun speculation :) I just think it's odd that that area is being worked in and there are markers on Columbia. If they removed The Bat, thats a lottttt of space for a new coaster. The start of the demolition could be SOB station coming down., not reusing it lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Are we going to pretend the park hasn't already left vacant things stay as they are when they left up Son of Beast for as long as they did?  I don't think they're that afraid to leave Vortex's spot vacant for longer periods of time. 

True, but when they closed Son of Beast in 2009, I don't think they knew if it would be permanent or not. I believe they left it there because they were deciding whether to tear it down and build a ground up coaster or just fix the ride and reopen it. I believe they looked at all options and decided in 2012 that it would be better to just demolish the coaster and build something new there. 

• Like 1

Guys this is just cray cray!!!! Does everybody fire here all time or is it just because of stupid virus???? I talked mom about it she said people are mean now to maybe mean Sally and mean old man school can't help it. I can't wait to ride Diamondback again and just forgot all the virus

• Like 2

13 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I would think they would want to fill the empty Vortex spot quickly.  Yes we did just get Orion and yes the park is likely hurting for money this year losing WinterFest and Haunt but I do think that space is too valuable to leave open. 

Cedar Fair tries to not build the really big new attractions near each other.  The idea is you want to cycle around a park basically rejuvenating areas as you go which also helps spread out the crowds.  Fixating in one area causes issues.  With how much work has gone into Coney Mall, and Area 72 it’s time to move onto other areas of the park, Action Zone feels like the logical next step.

Leaving the space empty for a few years is better for the long term health of the park then shoving something in quickly.  There is nothing that special about its location which makes it important to build something now.  It’s a central location but also at the back of the park.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

JUST IN FROM WCPO....

At 4pm today (9/2/2020), John Matarese will speculate on something being hinted at the park... tbh idk if this relates to the markers but I have a hunch it is so I posted this here.

22 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

His source will be KICentral.com.....

And before any of you asks, no I did not contact him and I have nothing to do with it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5