Markers Placed by Old Columbia Rd.

IndyGuy4KI

Since they start selling season passes for 2021 next week, my thoughts would be if anything (i.e. a new ride) is getting announced it would be within the next week.  I doubt they would announce something over the holiday weekend (they would want the smartest news cycle).  That points to something either being announced today or tomorrow or Tuesday.

If nothing is announced, then I think that points more towards this being infrastructure related.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

Since they start selling season passes for 2021 next week, my thoughts would be if anything (i.e. a new ride) is getting announced it would be within the next week.  I doubt they would announce something over the holiday weekend (they would want the smartest news cycle).  That points to something either being announced today or tomorrow or Tuesday.

If nothing is announced, then I think that points more towards this being infrastructure related.

Well they wouldn't be selling as much season passes for next year because all passes this year are good for next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

JUST IN FROM WCPO....

At 4pm today (9/2/2020), John Matarese will speculate on something being hinted at the park... tbh idk if this relates to the markers but I have a hunch it is so I posted this here.

Is there a link you can share where John M will talk about KI or was it said on TV?

• Like 2

Sorry for the double post, but the news story on WCPO is coming on after the break right now if you want to see it.

EDIT: According to his report, the markers along Columbia Rd. are part of a Warren Co. waterline project and this was confirmed by Chad and Warren Co.

So, off of this I think the only thing worth speculating is the work on SOB's station...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Sorry for the double post, but the news story on WCPO is coming on after the break right now if you want to see it.

EDIT: According to his report, the markers along Columbia Rd. are part of a Warren Co. waterline project and this was confirmed by Chad and Warren Co.

So, off of this I think the only thing worth speculating is the work on SOB's station...

Yes, yes, as I suspected. The K.I. and Miami Valley Railroad will need a way to supply the locomotives with water. From that location they’ll be too far from the fill station at rivertown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Did he say anything about something being hinted at the park or was it just the markings? 

No not really. But judging by the report and looking at the pics of the area, I would say that you are gonna have better luck speculating the work on SOB's station than a county waterline project.

• Like 1

And the question is finally answered.  Infrastructure work.  What did they say, sewer lines?  Maybe it will take away the smell near Adventure Express...or maybe the awful smell of over excited enthusiasts who extrapolate things and think that only they are correct.  Eggs on faces stink too.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I wish. I've been isolating as much as possible because I have people on my life I have to take care of and going out to places like KI, even with PPE, isn't worth it to me personally.

Sorry to hear you can't get out, but applaud you for keeping your family safe!

• Like 7

I haven’t read this thread at all until now. Why is everyone attacking other people so personaly in this thread. We’re talking about Kings Island not a new tax policy. It sounds like some of you are dying for other members to be wrong just to say I told you so. It’s turned into an us vs them mentality. It’s kind of gross. This isn’t political. It’s Kings Island. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bengalsguy23 said:

I haven’t read this thread at all until now. Why is everyone attacking other people so personaly in this thread. We’re talking about Kings Island not a new tax policy. It sounds like some of you are dying for other members to be wrong just to say I told you so. It’s turned into an us vs them mentality. It’s kind of gross. This isn’t political. It’s Kings Island. 

Ummmm well my dude that man argued with anybody that disagree with him so he brought all this cray cray fight on himself!!!!

So now that John mattress showed everything to all of us that man is like not saying anything at all because he wrong. Nobody believe King's island getting a new caster when we just got Oroin. So a piece of tape meant new caster, I don't think so but he just keep saying so over again and again.

I mean others said it could be a road to dorms or a new train like goes to soak city. But they didn't fight people like he did. And it is just a water pipe and now he won't talk. Dad said he ran away like a tail tucked in legs, like when our dog gets in garbage and turns it over. 

• Like 1