Markers Placed by Old Columbia Rd.

IndyGuy4KI

Speculates for weeks about flags and markers, links his article for massive concepts and ideas. Then good old Mr M. comes in with some truth bombs about it being just a water line project.

(I honestly don't mean to attack anyone by the way, I just simply love irony)

In other news, glad to hear that they're upgrading some of the water systems. At least we're getting *some* improvements for 2021. :D

• Like 2

Speculates for weeks about flags and markers, links his article for massive concepts and ideas. Then good old Mr M. comes in with some truth bombs about it being just a water line project.
(I honestly don't mean to attack anyone by the way, I just simply love irony)
In other news, glad to hear that they're upgrading some of the water systems. At least we're getting *some* improvements for 2021. 

Don’t worry he’s already updated his click bait website with more conspiracy theories

84995537f890db51182ccadb6086b1de.jpg

Credit: coasternation.com
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s not just that the website and author refuse to say they are wrong, it’s almost like they refuse to read and understand the very documents the website is posting.  Immediately after that paragraph posted above, is a single page from a bigger document which you can find here. It lists 2022 not as the project start date, like they claim, but as the design completion date.  Construction complete is listed as 2026.  There is no construction start date, but considering it’s not going to take 6 years to do the work it’s not likely to start anytime soon.  Simply put the county is obviously not in a hurry, and the markings appear to be for helping with design.

Also one final quick question, what leak?  That paragraph above states “leaked purposely”, this project is listed in the 2018 annual report, it’s not new, it’s just none of us keep track of water and sewer improvements around the county obviously.  This entire discussion was a creation of enthusiasts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think some websites like to spin yarn to get more hits on their channel. More hits, more exposure, more $$$. Also some people believe that bad publicity is still publicity. Someone goes online and says "don't visit this site, they're not credible and post inaccurate information." Then the people will go to that site to see for themselves which expands their exposure. Some websites can refrain to report on something until they have all the facts necessary to make a legitimate argument while others will report on whatever news they can find. Clickbaiting has become one of the many demons of social media.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't mean to be attacking, but notice how there has been no "whoops I was mistaken. My apologies" post. This person never sees the other side. People like that are very difficult to work with. If this WAS a big project, I would be the first to say I was wrong and he was right. Its not a big deal at all, and that's how normal human beings interact socially. 

It is aggravating when someone continuously says things, insists they are right, refuses to acknowledge opposing opinions, turns out to be 100% wrong, and then disappears. It shows they are weak. Learn from it and move on. Not a big deal at all. 

ALSO, notice how this person always defends the park. I doubt the park appreciated people saying 100% this is a new massive coaster being put in. I'm sure that's why KIC put that disclaimer on this thread. Stuff like that doesn't go unnoticed. 

• Like 4

I don't mean to be attacking, but notice how there has been no "whoops I was mistaken. My apolgies" post. This person never sees the other side. People like that are very difficult to work with. If this WAS a big project, I would be the first to say I was wrong and he was right. Its not a big deal at all, and that's how normal human beings interact socially. 

It is aggravating when someone continuously says things, insists they are right, refuses to acknowledge opposing opinions, turns out to be 100% wrong, and then disappears. It shows they are weak. Learn from it and move on. Not a big deal at all. 

ALSO, notice how this person always defends the park. I doubt the park appreciated people saying 100% this is a new massive coaster being put in. I'm sure that's why KIC put that disclaimer on this thread. Stuff like that doesn't go unnoticed. 

Maybe should should get the whole story before attacking as to way someone didn’t reply. Maybe that person was banned from the site. So, lets see your apology. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldschool75 said:

Maybe should should get the whole story before attacking as to way someone didn’t reply. Maybe that person was banned from the site. So, lets see your apology. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone was banned, there was a reason.  Hopefully somebody will learn and grow.

Something I'm finding interesting is that Kings Island is posting videos about The Bat on their social media pages more than other coasters. Probably just a coincidence since enthusiasts did start getting interested when the park posted a lot of things about Racer in 2018 which was the same season the guy that many thought was Fred Grubb from RMC was spotted around Racer. 

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Something I'm finding interesting is that Kings Island is posting videos about The Bat on their social media pages more than other coasters. Probably just a coincidence since enthusiasts did start getting interested when the park posted a lot of things about Racer in 2018 which was the same season the guy that many thought was Fred Grubb from RMC was spotted around Racer. 

Kings Island better not remove The Bat. It would be a pretty bad look to remove three coasters back-to-back-to-back. I feel like removing that many coasters would deter long-time fans.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Kings Island better not remove The Bat. It would be a pretty bad look to remove three coasters back-to-back-to-back. I feel like removing that many coasters would deter long-time fans.

I would have to assume that The Bat is not being removed anytime soon. It is not old compared to its counterparts and as much as the station is an eye-sore, people seem to still ride the thing like crazy. I doubt it is super expensive to maintain either. So we should be good to keep it for a while longer unless they have bigger and better things planned.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

I would have to assume that The Bat is not being removed anytime soon. It is not old compared to its counterparts and as much as the station is an eye-sore, people seem to still ride the thing like crazy. I doubt it is super expensive to maintain either. So we should be good to keep it for a while longer unless they have bigger and better things planned.

On the topic of The Bat’s station, I think The Bat’s station could use some love, but the way it was designed makes it really hard to freshen it up because it is just flat out ugly. On the other hand, The Racer’s, Adventure Express, and especially The Beast’s station need some new paint. The Beast’s station is one of the coolest stations in the world, but it is so faded, the roof is in terrible condition, and there is trash thrown everywhere that it kind of looks ugly nowadays.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2020 at 11:15 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

This is because they've started a new video series and recently completed one on The Bat.

• Like 2

Since this at least brought up the conversation of something new in Action Zone, I decided to work on a concept RMC for the area. Im definitely not the best at this stuff and there is definitely some changes I want to make to the layout but I feel comfortable showing my progress. Should be, at the very least, a fun little thing.

KI_AZ_BCK_WIP1.png

• Like 4

23 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

ADF939C4-DAC8-47A5-BB12-BF910783C664.jpeg

There are a new set of markers running along the drop off lot. It’s possibly for a new drop off lot, or a redesign of the entrance and exit lanes.

499DB1F6-D726-464F-A94A-17527FCB9226.jpeg

I believe this has something to do with the waterline project that John Matarese discovered. 

33 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

Since this at least brought up the conversation of something new in Action Zone, I decided to work on a concept RMC for the area. Im definitely not the best at this stuff and there is definitely some changes I want to make to the layout but I feel comfortable showing my progress. Should be, at the very least, a fun little thing.

KI_AZ_BCK_WIP1.png

How did you make that? That's way better than anything I could do. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I believe this has something to do with the waterline project that John Matarese discovered. 

How did you make that? That's way better than anything I could do. 

I used FVD++ with an overlay of the area. Created the coaster. Then imported into no limits 2 to turn it into an actual ride and add block sections and stuff like that. It’s still a work in progress but it’s cool to have something to scale and to work on. 

On 9/8/2020 at 8:36 PM, gforce1994 said:

ADF939C4-DAC8-47A5-BB12-BF910783C664.jpeg

There are a new set of markers running along the drop off lot. It’s possibly for a new drop off lot, or a redesign of the entrance and exit lanes.

499DB1F6-D726-464F-A94A-17527FCB9226.jpeg

So now you are back.  Welcome.  Can you just acknowledge that there could be other possibilities for your theories?  Since the park poo-pooed your speculation, it would go a long way to restoring credibility.