Markers Placed by Old Columbia Rd.

IndyGuy4KI

4 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

I believe there are buyouts. Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t SF pay CF for the ability to build a Strata Coaster? 

Anything is possible with enough money and the right argument for the potential seller.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 1:08 AM, tuxedoman52 said:

https://rcdb.com/17725.htm

There's a new Mack Xtreme Spinner opening next year. Where does it say that SDC (or Herschend Family Entertainment) has exclusive rights to it?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That’s not in the US tho. I heard they have exclusivity rights for sometime in the US. 

20 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Doesn’t matter. This project is 1/4 mile from other project.

Based on the information we have the water line project is still in the design phase, they might have realized it’s a mistake placing a new water line next to a defunct road that passes through an amusement park.  It’s very possible we are looking at the early stages of the county deciding if the water line should be moved, or they already reached that decision, etc.  Its a bad idea to jump to too many conclusions based on what we have seen so far.

Redoing the drop off lot is the very kind of project which a park would be delaying or cancelling due to the pandemic.

• Like 2

So are people implying that The City of Mason spent how many millions on a multi-year project that was completed the end of 2016 to improve Kings Island Drive only to allow the County to come in a few years later and rip it up for a new water line...that never happens:P

(actually it happens unfortunately all too often where one form of government doesn't reach out to the other form of government, causing a road to be repaved one year only to be torn up the next for a water or sewer line)....

Regardless, I do not see the City of Mason allowing KI Drive to be torn up this soon for a water line project.  So the markers out there are either completely unrelated, or a stub for a future water line was put out there at the time, which would dictate the County potentially having to go thru the parking lot to get to Columbia Road.  The survey is a work in progress, but some of the markings could be indicating that as a possibility - although that then means ripping up a portion of the newly installed pavement by KI heading to the new tolls...

• Like 3

On 9/8/2020 at 8:36 PM, gforce1994 said:

There are a new set of markers running along the drop off lot. It’s possibly for a new drop off lot, or a redesign of the entrance and exit lanes.

19 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

There’s sprayed marker in the entryway onto the lanes that approach the toll booth.

We’re gonna need another Train...

723F6401-9B2E-472B-82C3-18E064646A7F.jpeg

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Tr0y said:

We’re gonna need another Train...

Speaking of an additional train there are other Crowns out their that are waiting to once breath life again. Here is one with a rare Caboose built by crown for wheelchairs. They would need to take a coach from Lew Brown and Kenny Van Meter to make them all 5 car trains. 

D0365F08-213D-4736-92ED-1E849F091953.jpeg 

Photo credit: https://klaq.com/where-the-train-from-magic-landing-is-permanently-parked-at/

• Like 1

Based on the length of the project 10,300 feet it appears to be going all the way from King rd, to Western Row Rd.  So this is not just something for the park we have to consider the entire distance from one side of the park to beyond the park.  Which is the problem that it feels like people are ignoring.

The problem is one half of the park grew past Columbia road years ago.  One of the wave pools is located above where the road was located, the water park entrance plaza is directly on that path as well.  So is a quarter mile of the handicapped parking, and employee parking, and there is no easy way around this area.  Open up a satellite view of the park, trace out the road and you rapidly realize there is a lot of things to work around and in many places it’s going to require ripping up a lot of path ways and parking.

Now go trace Kings Island Dr, the park has a big enough set back along most of the road, that the worst areas are the entrances and exits to the parking lot, the exit from the toll booths, and finally the lighting for the drop off lot.  Compared to what it’s going to take trying to thread a new pipeline between the park and the parking lot this makes a lot more sense.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

I am confused as to what you think is being alluded to here? Can you explain? Maybe I am a bit lost.

So what is happening is that they’re turning on sets of lights at a time, finding out where the particular lights are connected to, disconnecting them, and repeating the cycle for another part of the station.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/13/2020 at 1:33 PM, Tr0y said:

Speaking of an additional train there are other Crowns out their that are waiting to once breath life again. Here is one with a rare Caboose built by crown for wheelchairs. They would need to take a coach from Lew Brown and Kenny Van Meter to make them all 5 car trains. 

D0365F08-213D-4736-92ED-1E849F091953.jpeg 

Photo credit: https://klaq.com/where-the-train-from-magic-landing-is-permanently-parked-at/

I think it would be awesome if Cedar Fair could purchase an additional crown and give KI a 3rd locomotive so they can operate during haunt and space out the boiler usage. I always kinda hoped Levi would make his way to KI if he didn't stay at WoF, (doubtful).

I know having KI acquire a 3rd locomotive would be a longshot since they'd have to install a 3rd locomotive bay but it would be nice to be able to operate 2 locomotives and give the 3rd one a break. My argument is the train to station ratio should be 2:1. We have 2 stations so that ratio should be 3:2.

Cedar Point operates 3 locomotives throughout the year (technically 4) and it really seems to help disperse the boiler hours as well as the wear and tear the engines go though- similar to how most coasters have 3 trains. Granted Cedar Point has a much longer track length than us and their two stations are open simultaneously where as Soak City is only open for around 3 months.

Maybe I just want to see another train at KI

• Like 5

21 hours ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

I am confused as to what you think is being alluded to here? Can you explain? Maybe I am a bit lost.

21 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

So what is happening is that they’re turning on sets of lights at a time, finding out where the particular lights are connected to, disconnecting them, and repeating the cycle for another part of the station.

He is referring to this. They flipped on the old Flight Commander lights before razing the station and announcing KMAA

20180427_205918-2.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

He is referring to this. They flipped on the old Flight Commander lights before razing the station and announcing KMAA

20180427_205918-2.png

I do think the Son of Beast station has served its last Halloween Haunt and is probably going to be demolished in the off season, but why? It doesn’t make sense to spend money on demolishing the station when they can just not spend the money and not lose anything. I don’t think they are putting a ride in there anytime soon, but this will an be interesting development to watch if the station ends up being demolished later this year.

• Confused 1