Markers Placed by Old Columbia Rd.

IndyGuy4KI

^I had to take a nap after reading that!  

The issue is that some posters draw wild conclusions and state their opinion as fact in order to draw attention to a website.  And then argue ad nauseum about it to the point of being extremely annoying.  Compare that with other posters who suggest ideas and flesh out concepts but who do not have an agenda, they are just exploring.

Wild theories, based on some paint and flags and lights being turned on are fun to explore.  Just don't be a jerk about it.

• Like 4

The" maybe it is this, "I think it could be"," think about this idea" discussions are welcome.

The "It is this", I know it will be", "what's coming is" without citing a credible source to back them up are against the TOS. 

33 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Keep in mind a site admin started this original thread - this thread and the crane thread were posted here by a site admin 

That was my full intent with creating this thread. I wanted to make sure it was presented as a rumor and speculatory only before it somehow got presented as a confirmed coaster for that location. 

Wording is very important, and wanted to get the intent to readers that this was just a rumor thread only, and nothing credible.

• Like 1

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words...

If you see something post a pic, then more people can get involved in the discussion. If you only post a foregone conclusion with no info of how you got there, don't feel surprised when you are all alone in the know-it-all club. <_<

I'd just like to say, as a long time member here, with everything that has been going on in the world recently, it is really great to see some good, old-fashioned Kings Island construction rumors/speculation going on!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, KIfan73 said:

I'd just like to say, as a long time member here, with everything that has been going on in the world recently, it is really great to see some good, old-fashioned Kings Island construction rumors/speculation going on!

The removal of the berm at Timberwolf has piqued my interest.

4 hours ago, DiamondbackFan said:

It would be interesting if the front of the park was redeveloped into a special event/entertainment zone and marketplace.  Similar to what is in the master plan for California's Great America.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Neat idea but I think there are 3 major flaws with doing this at KI

1- The city of mason is way less dense then the San Francisco Bay Area. Because of this any entertainment area at KI would get way less foot traffic compared to CGA

2-there is no major tourist attraction nearby to attract visitors to this shopping area / entertainment area. Anyone visiting the mason for entertainment is already going to be going to KI. Compare this to CGA where a major football stadium is right next door to draw guests in

3- Due to generally favorable weather in the Bay Area the CGA entertainment area likely would be able to attract visitors to the outdoor venue year around compared to Ohio where the weather isn’t usually all that great. I agree having another source of revenue besides the park is a good idea (for example hotels, sports parks, golf etc) however the CGA model really just wouldn’t work at Kings Island 

1 hour ago, Benjamin22 said:

Neat idea but I think there are 3 major flaws with doing this at KI

1- The city of mason is way less dense then the San Francisco Bay Area. Because of this any entertainment area at KI would get way less foot traffic compared to CGA

2-there is no major tourist attraction nearby to attract visitors to this shopping area / entertainment area. Anyone visiting the mason for entertainment is already going to be going to KI. Compare this to CGA where a major football stadium is right next door to draw guests in

3- Due to generally favorable weather in the Bay Area the CGA entertainment area likely would be able to attract visitors to the outdoor venue year around compared to Ohio where the weather isn’t usually all that great. I agree having another source of revenue besides the park is a good idea (for example hotels, sports parks, golf etc) however the CGA model really just wouldn’t work at Kings Island 

This. If anything, they’ll look towards filling in the unused space.

Or just leave it alone for now. Like the various haunt buildings scattered across the park, Timberwolf isn't losing the park any money by existing. 

I honestly don't understand people's constant desire to want to develop every square inch of the park. We're not Cedar Point- we have the space. As I recall there's a giant vacant plot of land behind Backlot Stunt Coaster. Furthermore, I also recall from a certain book I read that management is wanting to focus on Planet Snoopy and Soak City in the coming years.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I honestly don't understand people's constant desire to want to develop every square inch of the park. We're not Cedar Point- we have the space. As I recall there's a giant vacant plot of land behind Backlot Stunt Coaster. Furthermore, I also recall from a certain book I read that management is wanting to focus on Planet Snoopy and Soak City in the coming years.

This.

They did say in the book when asked about The Vortex plot that they want to add something in Planet Snoopy and Soak City first. Based on that I came up with this little next few year plan

2022 - 50th anniversary celebration: park improvements/TLC in certain areas, a big time celebration event featuring a parade, maybe a new ride or two, but not major

2023 - Planet Snoopy expansion: maybe even removing the old theater and expanding back towards picnic grove and making that section into Camp Snoopy

2024 - Soak City expansion: new slide complex, family water activity, adult only pool/swim up bar, and/or a new dining experience probably a food truck inspired "beach street" similar to what KD is doing this year

2025 - Vortex replacement: multi-launch coaster by Intamin or MACK rides

2026 - new thrilling flat ride: either an S&S scream n swing, air race, or a Mondial top scan

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Or just leave it alone for now. Like the various haunt buildings scattered across the park, Timberwolf isn't losing the park any money by existing.

Timberwolf is a different story because it cannot really be seen from the rest of park, but I think that old and unused attractions and buildings should be removed from Kings Island. Even if they are used for Halloween Haunt, buildings like KillMart (though the recent paint job helps) the Son of Beast station, and The Crypt building are eyesores. Walking around the park, it isn’t necessarily nice to see old abandoned buildings up along the midways. Outside of Halloween Haunt, these buildings don’t serve any purpose except looking bad. Six Flags does this a lot. They will close rides, but they will keep the rides just sitting there. I understand that some of Kings Island’s unused buildings are prime locations for future attractions (like The Crypt building), and I am all for new rides and attractions going in there if they can make the exteriors look nice and not just leave the buildings sitting there.

• Like 1

The main season facade for Killmart helps for sure, I wouldn't tear it down if the haunt attraction was relocated elsewhere though, I'd just turn it back into an arcade, or if they think the main arcade is sufficient and don't need to do that, turn it into a shop. Perfectly good building right on the Mall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

Has anyone else noticed the new survey markers in an area that everyone said was for a waterline, yet said waterline has been installed since this thread started and said waterline is now in operation (and they wouldn't survey for the leaking fire hydrant)?

image.jpeg

Well, duh.  This is for the front gate renovation that will happen post merger where they are going to rename Kings Island to Six Flags over Cedar Point -Ohio South.

It's obvious.  

This post is sarcasm.

• Haha 2

https://www.avvir.io/blog-posts/when-should-you-leverage-survey-control-what-benefit-does-it-bring

"Control points are reference points with known coordinates, used to create a consistent coordinate system for construction projects. These points are essential for land surveyors to accurately position elements on a jobsite, based on digital plans or Building Information Modeling (BIM) models."

• Like 3