Markers Placed by Old Columbia Rd.

3 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Coney BarBQue is considered one. They have walls they can slide into place, as seen during Winterfest.

Got a source on that?  And even if you do, it is really not indoor dining.  There is no climate control in the hot, humid summer when people crave AC.  And the outdoor dining porches at CB do not allow for seating for that many people.  An climate controlled eatery in CM would be a revenue generator.  The temporary walls at CB do not increase revenue in my conecture.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone is awfully quiet all of a sudden...

Live look at some people on this forum rn  

Posted Images

On 10/26/2020 at 9:13 PM, gforce1994 said:
6DB6144A-A0F3-407F-93CB-4888C1491580.thumb.jpeg.e8f39d2758bc54d37d7526ba8710be9d.jpeg
The markers ran in an East-West direction. There was an additional marker east of Kill Mart by the antiques.

I just got off Racer. I can confirm these survey markers. Also noticed utility markings all the way down to Monster behind the buildings. My guess, something you do with Racer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

I just got of Racer. I can confirm these survey markers. Also noticed utility markings all the way down to Monster behind the buildings. My guess, something you do with Racer.

Bring on the Twisted Racer!85197CEE-A85E-4AFF-B1C4-8FD261AC7132.jpeg

All joking aside, I think this could be an interesting development, because a lot of the markers focus around KillMart, with additional markers approaching the main utility lines.

Bring on the Twisted Racer!85197CEE-A85E-4AFF-B1C4-8FD261AC7132.thumb.jpeg.f37f67a36fbc165b823777cf1c5838e7.jpeg
All joking aside, I think this could be an interesting development, because a lot of the markers focus around KillMart, with additional markers approaching the main utility lines.

I’ll call it now. A new light package for Killmart. Lol

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So, its not really anything scarily important, and I totally didn't even ever think to mention it here until now, but I visited the park with a group of friends on October 17th this year, when being curious and checking out the SOB area, the original entrance plaza and the ramp entrance that leads to the station that usually has a padlocked gate was just kind of wide open, padlock off the gate, gate wide open, didn't even cross my mind to get a photo of it because when I saw it open I immediately found a park employee to inform them that it was just open.

My best guess is whoever is/was doing that survey work relating to the station left the gate open accidentally, the employee closed the gate after they saw it though

So yeah, nothing serious but I figured you all would get a kick out of it lol

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

It looks like the markers are for the new campgrounds rather than on Columbia road by the park. The water lines appear to go from GWL, by the high school, down to the campgrounds. That begs the question, what were the markers in the front of the park for?B1D66367-0895-4190-9ECF-5CAD0E503872.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 6:28 PM, Klabergian Empire said:

Ya know, I bet I could bring in a stick with a little pink or orange flag on it, put it in a random and viewable place in the park, and everyone would think that Kings Island is putting in a strata coaster......<_< :lol:

I still stand by my previous statement. 

Lemme just put a fake marker in Planet Snoopy real quick and.... Planet Snoopy STRATA COASTER

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, Cincinatired said:

This is not confirmed 

but I believe the park is using those markers for a bus/ tram drop off

Chad S said CC would have a bus to and from KI

also I think they are adding trams again in the parking lot.

I was preaching this for weeks and now that Cedar Fair will be operating that campground it would increase the need for a shuttle.

31 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I was preaching this for weeks and now that Cedar Fair will be operating that campground it would increase the need for a shuttle.

Nope, the drop off location would be the  markers by the original drop off by the main marquee sign. From the pictures that were posted, it’s clear it’s for the drop off location.

• Confused 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Even though this doesn't really have anything to do with the markers, I came up with a wing coaster concept based on @gforce1994 Winged Demon concept. Except I removed both Invertigo and Congo Falls. The station replaces the former Son of Beast station which also gets demolished. I also rerouted The Bat's exit and used the former exit path/SOB queue path as the queue and Fast Lane queue for this new coaster. 

2021-01-03_14.47.55.jpg

• Like 1

^The idea looks good on paper but I have a few nitpicks that would require some change.

• The station elevation- I don't know what's the tallest B&M station it but if its built over SoB's old station it would have to be pretty high
  • The station is right near Banshee's- maybe this is just me but it would be too condensed in that corner.
  • Demolishing Timberwolf- I'm torn on this
  • Its too similar to GateKeeper- a wing coaster running up to the front of the park in Ohio. Multiply that by two and it seems repetitive

Full disclosure I'd love something compact like X-Flight but with Thunderbird in the next state, GateKeeper up north and even Wild Eagle to the south it just seems too saturated at this point in time. 

• Like 1