Indiana Beach has 2021 Passes On Sale

9 minutes ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

He's going to have an uphill battle for a while, particularly due to how remote it is.

The local city provided several million dollars in tax-breaks for anyone who would buy it. The real constraint is space. They need to buyout several homeowners on Lake Shafer and annex some lake space to really expand and build something amazing. Unlikely. Under proper management---which it appears is now the case, but time will tell---the place is great for an evening after work, or a close weekend getaway to ride some rides, and enjoy the lake setting. It'll never be Kings Island, and honestly it'll never be Holiday World. But with proper upkeep of the place anyone can go there and find several hours of fun to be had. But I agree it's a local park more or less. And I don't see that changing. But that's okay if they do it right.

18 minutes ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

He's going to have an uphill battle for a while, particularly due to how remote it is.

Not that remote, 90 minutes from Indy, and about the same from Chicago. Plus your have the Purdue campus close. It is not remote at all if you consider the location of Holiday World. 

1 minute ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Not that remote, 90 minutes from Indy, and about the same from Chicago. Plus your have the Purdue campus close. It is not remote at all if you consider the location of Holiday World. 

Fair enough point. I guess those free refills must go a very long way for some people.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...