KI 2020 Fall Calendar Released

BoddaH1994

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Some 10:00 closes in September! 

That fall calendar is terrible. Not open on any Fridays and only open till 8pm on Saturdays. That means the park is closing 5 hours early and it still is almost no night rides. Normally end of September it's getting dark around 7:30pm and fully dark by 8pm. 

Indiana Beach on the other hand is staying open till 11pm and hiring scare actors. Guess where I'm going in October...

Editing for the confused person. The last 10pm close is September 19. That is still technically summer.

• Confused 2

That fall calendar is terrible. Not open on any Fridays and only open till 8pm on Saturdays. That means the park is closing 5 hours early and it still is almost no night rides. Normally end of September it's getting dark around 7:30pm and fully dark by 8pm. 
Indiana Beach on the other hand is staying open till 11pm and hiring scare actors. Guess where I'm going in October...
Editing for the confused person. The last 10pm close is September 19. That is still technically summer.

Kings Island requires more employees to run compared to IB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

KI needs more employees, has limited capacity, and people are more unwilling to visit parks because of the pandemic. The schedule isn’t catering to us, but rather to the needs of CF due to the pandemic.

20 minutes ago, malem said:

With operational limitations this year, I'm very glad to get night rides going into September. Cedar Point isn't staying open after 8:00 at all this season.

The operation limitations and the shorter hours is why I'm waiting until next year to visit Cedar Point again. 3 hours is quite a drive for half a normal park.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

The operation limitations and the shorter hours is why I'm waiting until next year to visit Cedar Point again. 3 hours is quite a drive for half a normal park.

Same boat here. I was gonna go to CP this spring, but I bailed on that one real quick. I don't expect I'll go next year either, given how things are shaping up.

• Like 1

It's a little better than I expected.  I figured they'd close by 6 or 7 in October.  It won't be the night ride marathon October usually is during Haunt, but considering many comparable parks aren't opening at all in 2020, it would feel silly to complain.  Given the circumstances, I think the park deserves a lot of credit for how they've pulled off the 2020 season.  I hope to be able to go on one of those two 10pm Saturdays in September, which I'm sure will be plenty busy, and definitely a day in October once the weather cools down a bit.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

Just shows Indiana Beach does not have much sense.  

Kings Island can always add extra hours later, it is easier to lengthen days then shorten them. 

I am not certain if they are more concerned about attendance without Haunt, or a concern about having enough employees to properly staff the park.  If the park is packed with hour plus lines all day in October I could see them adding on an extra hour or two on Saturdays.  We might also see the parks empty out in the afternoon and have no good reason to stay open later.

Isn’t the park usually either closed for private events or limited because of private events the weekends between Labor Day and the end of September which allows them to decorate for haunt? There are no weekend closings this year at all. 

1 hour ago, KI Fan75 said:

Isn’t the park usually either closed for private events or limited because of private events the weekends between Labor Day and the end of September which allows them to decorate for haunt? There are no weekend closings this year at all. 

No haunt fixes that problem. 

1 hour ago, KI Fan75 said:

All of the companies which normally have park buyouts cancelled, so there is no reason to not be open to the public.

4 hours ago, KI Fan75 said:

The park is usually closed to buyouts the entire weekend of whatever Cedar Points first Haunt weekend is. Last year their Haunt started on Friday Sept 13. That means they usually get 7 weekends and King's Island gets 6 weekends for Haunt. That second weekend aka King's Island's first Haunt weekend the park is usually closed to buyouts on Sat until 7 or 8pm then opens for Haunt to everyone. Then depending on how it falls on the calendar there is one more Haunt weekend in Sept.