Velocicoaster, Best in the world?

looks to be between 4 & 5000 feet.  Second half more intense than the first with the top hat, stall, and heartline over the water.  

Speed, height, quick transitions, intensity, cool inversions, airtime, updated maverick missing heartline above the water.  Throw in universal theming.  Credit midway mayhem foimage.png

image.png

image.png

5 minutes ago, SOBwasaSOB said:

I am just as excited for this as Iron Gwazi.  Pantheon is no slouch either.  Let's wait until we actually ride them before we go crowning them though.  That said, I really hope these coasters put Intamin back on the map in the US.

I am looking forward to this more.  IG will be good but a little short IMO.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/23/2020 at 11:12 AM, SOBwasaSOB said:

I am just as excited for this as Iron Gwazi.  Pantheon is no slouch either.  Let's wait until we actually ride them before we go crowning them though.  That said, I really hope these coasters put Intamin back on the map in the US.

With the amount of coasters getting held back to 2021, I think 2021 is going to be the best year with all of the coasters for 2021 currently announced.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, coaster sally said:

Between this, Iron gwazi, pantheon, jersey devil, Icebreaker I don't know why people would buy ASFLP to ride yesterdays rides when they could fund these trips instead.

Maybe because I bought my all season all chain fastlane plus summer 2019 to ride Orion in 2020 all year long pre covid. The irony is the money I saved by last years shutdowns and stimulus money lead to me saving more money and being able to take one large road trip last year and this year. I'm visiting places I would not have went otherwise.I'm saving the giant Florida trip for summer 2022 when the crowds hopefully die down a bit and the lines on those new coasters are shorter.Universal is not a cheap park to visit.

It looks great and the theming in the first half is top notch. my one hope though is that the speed gets increased some for opening. It seems to go very slow over a lot of the hills in the first half. Could make some good hangtime but i prefer quick transitions to that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, purdude86 said:

It looks great and the theming in the first half is top notch. my one hope though is that the speed gets increased some for opening. It seems to go very slow over a lot of the hills in the first half. Could make some good hangtime but i prefer quick transitions to that.

the new intamin multi launches takes it easy through the first half then goes bal** to the wall the second half.  I am sure it will feel better once riding.

With the longer trains would this make these coasters more attractive to KI?  Or still not dependable enough??  Because I believe KI only puts in proven, dependable, people eater designs.  Gone are the days to put in unproven prototypes like original The Bat, SOB, TR:TR, etc..

^Now that I'd agree with that. Intamin has been doing quite well for themselves recently, in the world and the U.S., more than some might realize.

However, I'll still go with my theory I've stated before that there isn't going to be any new Intamin rides at any Cedar Fair park in the foreseeable future, if even for the simple fact that there's no need to.

Even setting aside the troubled relationship...

If they want:

• a 150-180 ft wooden coaster for one of their parks, they don't need to go with Intamin for a plug n' play. There is RMC Topper Track now.
  • a beyond vertical drop coaster, they don't need to go with Intamin to build whatever model you want to call Fahrenheit (sort of a one-off coaster). They can go with Gerstlauer for an Infinity coaster, as they did in 2018 with Hangtime.
  • a multi-launch ride, they don't need to go with Intamin for a Blitz coaster. They can go with Mack, as they did in 2019 with Copperhead Strike.
  • a giga, they don't need to go with Intamin. They can go with B&M, as they have three different times from 2012-2020.

There was a time where this wasn't the case, and Intamin seemingly had the monopoly on the most cutting-edge concepts. But not anymore.

All else equal, CF will go with a different manufacturer before Intamin if said manufacturer can give them essentially the same ride, with less perceived risk.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, BeastForever said:

^Now that I'd agree with that. Intamin has been doing quite well for themselves recently, in the world and the U.S., more than some might realize.

However, I'll still go with my theory I've stated before that there isn't going to be any new Intamin rides at any Cedar Fair park in the foreseeable future, if even for the simple fact that there's no need to.

Even setting aside the troubled relationship...

If they want:

• a 150-180 ft wooden coaster for one of their parks, they don't need to go with Intamin for a plug n' play. There is RMC Topper Track now.
  • a beyond vertical drop coaster, they don't need to go with Intamin to build whatever model you want to call Fahrenheit (sort of a one-off coaster). They can go with Gerstlauer for an Infinity coaster, as they did in 2018 with Hangtime.
  • a multi-launch ride, they don't need to go with Intamin for a Blitz coaster. They can go with Mack, as they did in 2019 with Copperhead Strike.
  • a giga, they don't need to go with Intamin. They can go with B&M, as they have three different times from 2012-2020.

There was a time where this wasn't the case, and Intamin seemingly had the monopoly on the most cutting-edge concepts. But not anymore.

All else equal, CF will go with a different manufacturer before Intamin if said manufacturer can give them essentially the same ride, with less perceived risk.

Cedar Fair can do whatever floats their boat.  If they want to miss out its on them IMO.  The only people that they are hurting is their customers....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, coaster sally said:

Cedar Fair can do whatever floats their boat.  If they want to miss out its on them IMO.  The only people that they are hurting is their customers....

So, because they are not installing Intiman coasters right now, they are hurting their customers? You might want to come back to reality. 2019 was a record setting year for CF without not having installed an Intamin in years. Some could argue their removing some Intamin rides was a better move!   

Would I love to have one? Sure

Am I hurt over it and going to cancel my pass? No

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

So, because they are not installing Intiman coasters right now, they are hurting their customers? You might want to come back to reality. 2019 was a record setting year for CF without not having installed an Intamin in years. Some could argue their removing some Intamin rides was a better move!   

This thread is about velocicoaster being perhaps the best coaster in the world.  If Pantheon maintains its speed as its shown in testing, it could be best in the world perhaps.

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

You could say that one of the reasons why King's Island is considered better than Cedar Point by many is because it doesn't have those Intamin's and RMC's that either break down all the time or  have huge maintenance issues.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

You could say that one of the reasons why King's Island is considered better than Cedar Point by many is because it doesn't have those Intamin's and RMC's that either break down all the time or  have huge maintenance issues.

He got confused again.  Pretty astute observation on your part.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, coaster sally said:

Poll any number of GP and ask them what Intamin is and see what happens. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, silver2005 said:

Poll any number of GP and ask them what Intamin is and see what happens. ;) 

While you are correct on that, if you polled what their favorite rides are at CP or a park with either an RMC, Intamin, or both I would almost guarantee one of those companies made the majority of those polled favorites.

• Thanks 1

You die hard Intamin fan boys really drive me to think Intamin is overrated despite the fact I have 4 in my top 15 favorite steel coasters and that I do think Intamin has contributed to the industry in some good ways despite their problems.  

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

You die hard Intamin fan boys really drive me to think Intamin is overrated despite the fact I have 4 in my top 15 favorite steel coasters and that I do think Intamin has contributed to the industry in some good ways despite their problems.  

please elaborate on your top 15.