Jump to content

Recommended Posts

A question every enthusiast asks, what'll be Cedar Point's next coaster?

While I personally think the park needs to focus on other things such as infrastructure, a new roller coaster will always be the topic of conversation.

The park has always been creative with their roller coaster placements and fitting them in tight spots only removing less popular thrill rides. The last time a coaster was sacrificed for another was Disaster Transport back in 2012. With that in mind, I personally don't see Cedar Point adding a new coaster without removing one. What coaster would be up for debate. Maybe they could work something out but they've been tight recently.

Some speculations I've heard from fans are a GCI either replacing Wicked Twister as a boardwalk like Cyclone at Coney Island. I've also heard fans say a GCI could replace Cedar Creek Mine Ride. I've seen concepts for a B&M Flyer over Adventure Island as well.

I've also heard talks of an RMC T-Rex and a S&S Axis coaster. 

What are your guy's most rational thoughts? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a modern day wooden coaster by GCI is what Cedar Point really needs. I also think they need another "unconventional coaster" which doesn't break any records like what Maverick is. Their last few coasters broke records and I think it's time to build something that doesn't break records and that would be good for families since more younger kids can ride it unlike the last several new coasters. The last coaster they built with a 48" height requirement was Millennium Force in 2000 and that ride can be intimidating for those younger kids that aren't quite ready for extreme heights. So that's why I think a modern day GCI would be a great fit. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think flying coasters have gone the way of stand up coasters now with all the moving parts involved in moving the seats into flight mode and they lose their novelty quickly as they are uncomfortable, particularly from a GP point of view.

I actually think CP can afford to put in something with slightly lower capacity since they have so many rides to spread out the lines really well and they train good enough ride crews to make something slightly lackluster in capacity to work. 

Land wise, they have a nice chunk where Shoot The Rapids used to reside as well as possibly sharing Millennium Island from that location.   I think MF's layout in that area really sets it up well to have nice interaction with another coaster.       

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I think a modern day wooden coaster by GCI is what Cedar Point really needs. 

I agree a modern woodie is what the park really needs. With 18 coasters (counting Pipe Scream as the park does) Blue Streak is their only true woodie and it’s a classic out and back. They could use a good modern twister type wooden coaster.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

Gravity Group would be a better fit for Cedar Point than GCI if its records they want.

If I recall, CF has only worked with GG on retracks. The Dorney project will be their 1st time working with them. I thought there was a specific reason why CF has been working solely with GCI over GG but I can't remember why.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SonofBaconator said:

If I recall, CF has only worked with GG on retracks. The Dorney project will be their 1st time working with them. I thought there was a specific reason why CF has been working solely with GCI over GG but I can't remember why.

You would think with GG being Cincinnati based they would be in a good position to work with Cedar Fair. Having the team in the  same city as a major park, and only a 3 hour drive away from Cedar Point and the corporate offices has the potential to foster a great relationship between  the two companies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2020 at 11:30 AM, Rifleman said:

You would think with GG being Cincinnati based they would be in a good position to work with Cedar Fair. Having the team in the  same city as a major park, and only a 3 hour drive away from Cedar Point and the corporate offices has the potential to foster a great relationship between  the two companies.

Which is why I think they favored GCI for some reason. Maybe at the time GCIs seemed more affordable? They produced 4 of them for us since 2007 after all. You'd see them at Valleyfair, Worlds of Fun and CGA which are mid and lower tier parks. Kings Island was the first big CF park to get one.

What's super strange to me is that Dorney is speculated to get a GG shuttle when GCI is headquartered nearby. You'd think Dorney would've gotten a GCI. I still have a strange feeling we'll get a GG like Oscar's Wacky Taxi for Planet Snoopy for some reason.

Back to Cedar Point, a Gravity Group would be cool but I think the chain's relationship with GCI is too strong. The only way I could see CP getting a GG would be to differentiate themselves more from KI.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Which is why I think they favored GCI for some reason. Maybe at the time GCIs seemed more affordable? They produced 4 of them for us since 2007 after all. You'd seem them at Valleyfair, Worlds of Fun and CGA which are mid and lower tier parks. Kings Island was the first big CF park to get one.

What's super strange to me is that Dorney is speculated to get a GG shuttle when GCI is headquartered nearby. You'd think Dorney would've gotten a GCI. I still have a strange feeling we'll get a GG like Oscar's Wacky Taxi for Planet Snoopy for some reason.

I would love a gravity group family woodie at KI, its one model of coaster I think every park should look at.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this craaaazy wood caster picture and it is new and it's 2 casters like racers but they get all twisted and upside down and like a pretzel. They race and go besides each other and part of it's metal. I want that at King's island tho

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dbackdreams said:

I saw this craaaazy wood caster picture and it is new and it's 2 casters like racers but they get all twisted and upside down and like a pretzel. They race and go besides each other and part of it's metal. I want that at King's island tho

Was it this by any chance? 

This is Twisted Colossus at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Source

SFMM- Twisted Colossus.jpg

CP already RMC'ed Mean Streak, and Gemini is good as is, so unlikely for CP.

I'd rather KI not RMC Racer thank you very much.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, the only coasters "missing" from CP's lineup (IMO) would be a B&M flyer and a GCI. Though I feel the GCI in the above video could have drops that went to the ground, I really like how it interacts with the scenery/rock work that exists on Adventure Island. However, putting a coaster there may mean the removal of Forbidden Frontier. If this happened, maybe the coaster could still interact with the settlements in some way (though I think that would work better with a flying coaster).

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, silver2005 said:

Was it this by any chance? 

This is Twisted Colossus at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Source

SFMM- Twisted Colossus.jpg

CP already RMC'ed Mean Streak, and Gemini is good as is, so unlikely for CP.

I'd rather KI not RMC Racer thank you very much.  

My dude no!  But that look crazy fun don't it????I think taula from caster studos like it I watched him on yourtube.

This one I saw looking like mystical timbre but crazier and part metal

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...