Why don't we have a Mouse?

SonofBaconator

Most parks throughout the chain have wild/mad mice: KD, CWL, CWS, KBF, MI, DP, VF, & CGA. Why don't we?

I wouldn't go far as to say they're essential to a park's success but they're too common in the industry for us to not have one (in my opinion anyway). They just seem like the one type of coaster that you'd expect a park to have in its lineup.

• Like 1

When we visited Carowinds last summer my daughters absolutely loved Ricochet.  I really wish we had a wild mouse at KI. The nearest one to us is at Michigan's Adventure which we had planned on visiting just for the wild mouse this summer, but we all know why we could not. I think a wild mouse at KI would be a great addition, and would love to see it squeezed in by the Festhaus, or behind the Eiffel Tower next to BLSC.

• Like 1

I feel like it could be warmly accepted was an addition to Planet Snoopy (I know that they are great for adults too). But I think the PR aspect of adding one anywhere else would make noise people think it wasn’t a good addition to the main park (maybe part of the coney mall update could work too)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 9/5/2020 at 7:37 AM, MDMC01 said:

When I was younger, I imagined a Wild Mouse going in King Cobra's old spot (where Delirium is now).

Nowadays, I think it may be a great fit for Coney Mall, Rivertown or even Area 72.

I always thought a mouse would have been a good replacement for the Barvarian Beetle.  That spot would have worked great since the space in Oktoberfest is limited, behind the current trees of course.   

On 9/5/2020 at 5:47 PM, Bansheelover said:

The nearest one to us is at Michigan's Adventure which we had planned on visiting just for the wild mouse

Are you forgetting about the one at Beech Bend? Only 3½ hours from Cincinnati and also home to an excellent GCI woodie.

• Like 2

If Dorney's operation of their mouse is any indication, I don't want one.  Normally, wild mice have continuous movement in the station which helps with capacity a bit.  Dorney's stops the station and it takes forever to get cars through.  They also trim theirs to death so the good sudden laterals and pops of air wild mice are supposed to have are negligible on Dorney's.  

I'd take a spinning wild mouse though. 

Low capacity coasters haven't done well at KI in the past. See Ghoster Coaster and Firehawk. Backlot does okay now, but the lines for that thing were atrocious when it first opened.

While KI and Kings Dominion are sister parks, Kings Island was the leader of the Paramount Parks when it comes to annual attendance and is a leader in the Cedar Fair world. I say keep the low capacity Mouses and 4D Free Spin types away from KI and save up for full scale coaster models.

A low cost/capacity coaster might be more of a possibility now because of COVID though...

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Would love to see a heavily themed mouse in the old Tomb Raider building.  Just enough floor space and height to make it happen, and there's lots of potential for theming interaction as you head towards the walls, dive towards the floor, etc.

• Like 1

I'd rather we get a ride like Laff Trak at Hersheypark. I rode their Wild Mouse and although some of it was fun, I had to brace myself against the middle bar as my knee kept getting banged by it. 

I wouldn't call it a wild mouse, but I remember being very fond of Bavarian Beetle in KI's early years. 

12 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Would love to see a heavily themed mouse in the old Tomb Raider building.  Just enough floor space and height to make it happen, and there's lots of potential for theming interaction as you head towards the walls, dive towards the floor, etc.

I certainly see no reason why it would need to be restricted to stay within the building's current floor plan. It's a very sequestered plot.