silver2005 returns to KI for 2020

silver2005

So, I am finally off next weekend as I am taking a brief vacation.  I'm feeling a bit optimistic about the virus enough to make a trip to KI to get a FLP and blitz through the coasters and bigger rides, with much attention on Orion as I've not ridden it yet.  Only going for a few hours in the evening to get a DB, Banshee or Beast night ride fix as well. 

• Like 4

I hope I'm feeling better by next Saturday.  With these last few shifts at work (mind you, I've been going hard since I got back to work in late May and haven't asked off at all), I feel like my body is hitting the wall in slow motion with how sore I am after shifts.   At least I get 3 full days off before I go next Saturday for R&R.   I'm literally scheduling my first day off to do as close to nothing as possible.   

After one day of no work completely devoted to just resting my muscles, I'm feeling much more optimistic about going this Saturday.  I think I'll probably plan on getting to the park between 5-6 pm. 

Where would be the best place to redeem an online purchase of a FLP now-a-days?  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, silver2005 said:

After one day of no work completely devoted to just resting my muscles, I'm feeling much more optimistic about going this Saturday.  I think I'll probably plan on getting to the park between 5-6 pm. 

My duuuuuude silver man I'm glad you feeling better.  I hope you stay that way and the stupid virus stay away to!!!!

18 hours ago, silver2005 said:

Hopefully there is no delays.  Buying FLP for a few hours at the park and then you have the fireworks situation.

On the night ride front, luckily, its getting dark as early as 8 pm so I should get quite a few in.  Also hoping the chance of rain on Saturday might deter some people (plus make the woodies awesome). 

I also have a plan to kind of double layer my masks for the coasters.   I have the standard mask I've been using plus a mask from work (that I haven't used yet, its too thin for my tastes in terms of actual virus protection) that wraps around my mouth and neck which might be better for the faster coasters.  The reason being that my normal masks have their ear straps made of a thicker kind of wire that's meant to be untied easily even with tighter and better knots for adjusting, and they occasionally untie, so the extra layer with the larger mask would be of help.  

Also, Orion will be credit #115 for me.   

EDIT: FL+ acquired.

• Like 3

Had a great day for what is likely my only visit in 2020 and last until opening day next year in all likelihood. 

I was incredibly impressed with how well everything worked out given their hardships getting the park open this season.  Moreso that they got pretty much all the rides open, which a few other parks have left some rides closed for various reasons.  The staff was very much on their A game both in getting efficiency out of lines and food orders and keeping the virus policies in place.  I think every park should model their policies on Kings Island's and Cedar Point's.  

Basically I hit all the coasters except Invertigo and Backlot, but I also missed Racer as it was down all day for some reason.  The only non-coasters I did was WindSeeker and KI&MVRR.  I didn't go quite fast as I haven't gotten out much this summer so I wasn't used to the heat and such (it was very hot and humid today).  Made a bee-line to Orion and just meandered about riding the rest.   Seeing Coney Mall minus Vortex was a huge punch to the gut, especially since that's all I've known since I've ever been to the park.  Its a big hole to fill.   I did appreciate the face lifts they did with the paint on the CM games and Scrambler, Dodgems and Zephyr look great.  FL+ was a savior today.  

In the best news-

Orion Review

If I could describe this coaster in one word, its graceful.  It does have a few intense moments at the bottom of the first few drops as its doing pull outs at 90 mph, but for a larger portion of the ride, it was very smooth and graceful as it went element to element, and it still had a good sense of speed throughout.  The thing I like about the 2nd and 3rd hills is that they're steep enough to lose sight of the horizon, so when you do those flashy high banked turns that high, it really gives a good sense of disorientation and a sense of flying, which helps that its painted in that awesome shade of blue.  Add in some cool negative G shenanigans and you have 2 really solid hills following the first drop.  Has some decent pops of air on the camel backs, and a really good one on the hill after the helix.  The helix is pretty steady on the positive G's.  I was bordering on grey out, but not quite up to Banshee's curves.  It feels like a condensed version of Millennium Force. Very good coaster overall.  I'll be making up for my ride count of 2 next summer.  

• Like 2