Indiana Beach Trip Report - 9/7/20

ThrillKingsFitzy

I had a surprise trip to Indiana Beach yesterday. I got all the credits in, except Lost Coaster which was sadly closed.

The park overall was better than I expected. It had a good carnival feel to it yet it felt professional and well done. I also didn't have a bad ride there (except one which we will get to later)

Cornball Express blew my expectations out of this world. I was not expecting the insane ejector airtime in the back row. It also was really intense in some areas. It currently sits at my number 4 spot.

Steel Hawg was the weirdest coaster I've ever ridden. Better than El Loco at Adventuredome, with an insane beyond vertical drop and a good ejector moment up into the second mid course. It was a sort of forceless coaster but the elements saved it, especially that slow roll at the end.

Tigrr was very, very intense. Almost too intense. It was my first Schwartzkopf. I don't know if it was affected by the weather or something but the ride was super aggressive and the low to the ground turns ripped my head off. It does give you a headache after a little while, though.

Hoosier Hurricane wasn't a bad ride. It just has pros and cons anywhere you sit, and the cons overpower the pros. In the back, you get good floater air, but it is extremely rough, especially on the turnaround. In the front, it is very smooth but there is absolutely no air. I guess it just depends on how sensitive you are to rough rides, and I'm not very sensitive and even I was banged up.

I also rode a falling star and a scrambler and they were OK flat rides. Can't review Lost Coaster because it was closed all day.

Overall, Indiana Beach was a great park. I will definitely be coming back in the future. The new owners definitely did a good job revamping the park and making it clean and better than it was when owned by Apex. I do recommend this park and you should go.

Any thoughts?

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, dbackdreams said:

Where is park at???  I have not heard of it and what is lost caster?

Indiana Beach is a small theme park with 5 coasters in Monticello, Indiana. Surprised you haven't heard of it, it's pretty well known.

Here's the link to check it out: https://www.indianabeach.com/