Fall Fest Tricks and Treats

BoddaH1994

• 2 weeks later...

More detailed listing here

https://cdn-cloudfront.cfauthx.com/binaries/content/assets/ki-en-us/general-information/play/events/ki-trick-of-treats-fall-fest-tasting-menu.pdf

11 locations, 2 options each + 2 extra, so 24 items. 6 portions for 30 bucks, you'll need 4 go arounds to get all of them or 120 buckaroonies. I'm curious if any of these items will fall into the meal plan, and the tasting menu is kind of a special discount on top of that. I want to try a bunch of these, but since I already have the plan can I supplement 2 meals a day, and only need to drop the 30 bucks to pick and choose what I won't get around to with the plan.

Toxic Mac, and Death Dog are sounding awesome. El Chupacabra, The Ghost Rider and possible the Devil's Horns getting honorable mentions.

Annotation 2020-09-22 220012.png

Annotation 2020-09-22 2200121.png

• Like 1

It appears people will have to wait in the regular food lines (which can be very long on nice Fall days especially in the Festhaus and Jukebox) to get any of these special items.  Wonder why the tents/huts used for Grand Carnival were not used and spaced throughout the park for easier access to these special items which would make them easier to obtain with the tasting card?  If one wants to pay regular price, wonder if the items will be available for mobile food ordering at the Festhaus, Jukebox, or Hanks?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Winterfestguy said:

It appears people will have to wait in the regular food lines (which can be very long on nice Fall days especially in the Festhaus and Jukebox) to get any of these special items.  Wonder why the tents/huts used for Grand Carnival were not used and spaced throughout the park for easier access to these special items which would make them easier to obtain with the tasting card?  If one wants to pay regular price, wonder if the items will be available for mobile food ordering at the Festhaus, Jukebox, or Hanks?

The lines were very long at Cedar Point. I heard one person waiting in line 45 minutes for a corndog and the employees only frying one at a time.

6 hours ago, Winterfestguy said:

Staffing issues and labor costs.  That’s 100% it. 

Not sure if the special items will be available through the app, but I’d guess it’s not. If it is, it shows us how easy it is to add and remove items, which is good news.

On 9/8/2020 at 2:23 PM, MoreFogPlease said:

Seems a bit expensive. I guess it depends exactly how big the "snack-sized portions" are. I'll probably try it at least once, though. Some of those options definitely sound pretty good!

you save 2$ versus buying the item outright if you were to buy more than 4 as they are 7$ each individual item.   you get 6 for 30  or 4 for 28 if bought by themselves.   thats the savings similar to the grand carnivale tasting card with the 6 tastings. they were decent portions actually so im sure 6 will be sharable as well.  

On 9/24/2020 at 7:50 AM, LuckyluvsKI said:

you save 2$ versus buying the item outright if you were to buy more than 4 as they are 7$ each individual item.   you get 6 for 30  or 4 for 28 if bought by themselves.   thats the savings similar to the grand carnivale tasting card with the 6 tastings. they were decent portions actually so im sure 6 will be sharable as well.  

Yeah, 6 for $30 isn't a bad deal, but it's tough to justify, when already having the meal plan. Realistically I wouldn't use my meal plan on top of that even if I split the 6 items with someone. So, I'm thinking I will just try an individual item.

44 minutes ago, MoreFogPlease said:

Yeah, 6 for $30 isn't a bad deal, but it's tough to justify, when already having the meal plan. Realistically I wouldn't use my meal plan on top of that even if I split the 6 items with someone. So, I'm thinking I will just try an individual item.

I would use it if you could buy the alcoholic drinks with it like you can at Brew and BBQ. They end up being 11.66 each. But I'm in the same boat and have the meal plan. 

Attended the event yesterday and I cannot express how impressed I am with what Kings Island has done with such a short time to plan.  I love the atmosphere and the fact that the whole park is in on the action.  

Chef Major has upped the theme park food game to a whole different level.  Had the Flank Steak yesterday and it was amazing.  The line was from Wishbone Grill all the way to Skyline 20 minutes before 5.  (I got in line by the starbucks around 35 minutes till 5).  Looking forward to doing the tasting card next weekend (you have to use it on the day it was purchased).  Seeing all the lines at every food stand mostly for the tasting shows how much of a success this event will be.   

The only thing I can say is that after seeing how busy the park was and how well this was done, I'm kind of wishing they would have done a scaled down Winterfest event with the same tasting card idea (different menu for winter) in mind.  If yesterday was any indication, they wouldn't loose money on it.

Fantastic job by Chef Major and the whole Culinary team at KI.  You really knocked it out of the park and I'll probably continue to spend more this year on food than ever even with my all season dining plan.  

• Like 5

On 9/25/2020 at 7:35 PM, LuckyluvsKI said:

Yes I agree I'm thinking we'll get one card to try the desserts and snacks but we'll be utilizing the meal plan sun. 

the portions were decent more than just a little that's for sure.

The one that I tried yesterday was the funnel cake, and I was disappointed with the portion size. It was good, but super small and not worth $7 or even $5.

2 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

If the event returns next year I really hope they have tents set up similar to grand carnival. The food lines yesterday looked to typically be 30 minutes+ which in my opinion makes it hard to justify waiting for a small portion sized item. The food does look  fantastic though.

Could be first day or Saturday stuff. I’m going today and will report back the lines. The weather was also perfect which drew crowds. I’m going today and I’ll let you know if it’s bad. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, robintodd said:

Attended the event yesterday and I cannot express how impressed I am with what Kings Island has done with such a short time to plan.  I love the atmosphere and the fact that the whole park is in on the action.  

Chef Major has upped the theme park food game to a whole different level.  Had the Flank Steak yesterday and it was amazing.  The line was from Wishbone Grill all the way to Skyline 20 minutes before 5.  (I got in line by the starbucks around 35 minutes till 5).  Looking forward to doing the tasting card next weekend (you have to use it on the day it was purchased).  Seeing all the lines at every food stand mostly for the tasting shows how much of a success this event will be.   

The only thing I can say is that after seeing how busy the park was and how well this was done, I'm kind of wishing they would have done a scaled down Winterfest event with the same tasting card idea (different menu for winter) in mind.  If yesterday was any indication, they wouldn't loose money on it.

Fantastic job by Chef Major and the whole Culinary team at KI.  You really knocked it out of the park and I'll probably continue to spend more this year on food than ever even with my all season dining plan.  

That’s assuming they did have limited time to plan. This may have been in the works fir a while and they just held off on marketing it until they knew the status of haunt and even their ability to do this event. I don’t think it was only planned as it was announced. 

also, we have no idea what may have been I. Store for Winterfest food-wise, and while I am bummed it isn’t happening, I think a watered down event wouldn’t do justice to that brand. I fear December’s outlook is very hard to guess right now with schools returning, flu hitting and people moving more indoors. But I do hope next years Winterfest is a blow out!!

• Like 2