Kings Island 50th Anniversary Ideas

Dj325

It's kind of hard to believe that in 2022 Kings Island will turn 50 YEARS OLD! So, here's the question: What are some things that you would like Kings Island to do? Is there an old attraction that you want see come back? Maybe a Kings Island museum?IMG_20200816_194632.jpg

• Like 4

I can’t picture the park ever having a museum....it would only remind guests of rides they might miss...they always want to have everyone looking into the future, not the past. (Not that I wouldn’t love to see one though.)

My number one thing would be for a red, white & blue Racer for the anniversary. :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, standbyme said:

I can’t picture the park ever having a museum....it would only remind guests of rides they might miss...they always want to have everyone looking into the future, not the past. (Not that I wouldn’t love to see one though.)

My number one thing would be for a red, white & blue Racer for the anniversary. :)

Definitely love the idea for The Racer! But, if they were to add a Kings Island museum, they could probably use one of these two places. #1: They could use the Kings Island Theater located near the front entrance. Or #2: They could use the old Action Theater, A.K.A the place currently used the Urgent Scare maze during Halloween Haunt.

• Like 4

Spoiler

WARNING: If you are a hardcore fan of the FIRST ride that I mention, please hear me out. I MIGHT have good explanation, depending on how you view it.

Here's one interesting 50th anniversary idea that I have. Maybe Kings Island could get rid of Boo Blasters, without tearing down the show building of coarse. By doing that they could re-theme the ride back to, wait for it, The Phantom Theater! I think if Kings Island did that, I'm willing to bet that it'll probably please a good amount of their fans.

Below is some old concept art for the ride.

Designing Phantom Theater for Kings Island With R&R Creative Amusement  Designs - Theme Park University

Designing Phantom Theater for Kings Island With R&R Creative Amusement  Designs - Theme Park University

Phantom Theater. I always missed the smurf ride though | Kings island,  Kings island amusement park, Abandoned theme parks

• Like 8

I would love to see The Racer repainted with its original red trim on one track and the blue trim on the other. The park did hint around about it last summer but with Covid who knows now what will happen. I would also love to see a Phantom Theater 2.0. Retheme backlot coaster too while we are at it. The containers are getting really rusty and look bad. Bring back the original fountains too. Use The Vortex plot for a seasonal event like Monster Jam or new Haunts during the fall.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, rlentless said:

If a museum is not in the works . . I would like to see them post signs around the park marking historic spots with pictures and history.  Maybe mark spots of former attractions/rides at their originally locations.

Not permanent just for the 50th Anniversary season.

Love this idea!

• Like 1

I'd love to see a repaint of Racer and the return of the backwards racer. I would also maybe like to see something similar to Disney's Carousel of Progress, but for Kings Island history.  It would be nice to have an air conditioned place to relax and learn about the park.  The attraction would include the opening of the park, The Beast, orion, and also mishaps like the original bat and Son of Beast.  Whatever KI wants, they could use.  It could also show the different ownership and their visions (Paramount, CF, etc.).

• Like 4

Invite all the celebrities, that used to work at the park, back for a day.  50 year light show on the Eiffel Tower.  Revert the Urgent Scare Building back to a 4D attraction running simulation of precious coasters.  Revert Boo Blasted back to a water ride.  Bring back some of the old food (with same recipes).   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

Backwards Blue Racer

As cool as that sounds, there are two reasons The Racer doesn't go backwards anymore. 1. They wanted to change it back to how it was when it opened with park in 1972. 2. The ride's mechanics weren't designed to handle sending the trains backwards. 

But if we could, that would be totally awesome!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I would like to see the Red, White, and Blue repaint of Racer.

You're definitely not the only one saying this. I 100% agree that it should.

1 hour ago, Sixflags82 said:

I hope that they bring back the old logo for a season like they did at Kings Dominion

That will make me actually want to take pictures at the front entrance a lot more, even if it's more than one time in a single day.

16 minutes ago, SOBwasaSOB said:

Bringing back Phantom Theater, KCKC, or a boat ride replacing BB would be absolutely amazing.  A return of the tunnel by Vortex's old plot would be great too.

I don't know anything about a tunnel being there before. Do you have a picture of it that you can show me?

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 12:53 PM, Dj325 said:

It's kind of hard to believe that in 2022 Kings Island will turn 50 YEARS OLD! So, here's the question: What are some things that you would like Kings Island to do? Is there an old attraction that you want see come back? Maybe a Kings Island museum?IMG_20200816_194632.jpg

KI needs a museum and have it cover Coney Island since there would be no KI without that park.  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Buckeye Fan said:

Revert Boo Blasted back to a water ride.

Don't you mean... Blast Boo Blasters back to a water ride? :lol:

9 minutes ago, robintodd said:

Coney Island since there would be no KI without that park.

That is SO TRUE! Fun Fact: Gary Wakchs (or however you spell his last name), the founder of Kings Island, actually used to work at Coney Island. He said that Kings Island is basically a Coney Island fit for a king!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Buckeye Fan said:

Revert the Urgent Scare Building back to a 4D attraction running simulation of precious coasters.

Dude, this might sound crazy but, one time I was actually thinking about Kings Island actually doing that.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Cedar Point is getting a parade, festivities, and probably a coaster in their 2 year 150th celebration. 

So I’m guessing KI will get a 50th anniversary logo and maybe some paint and it will be “exactly the celebration they asked for” just like Orion was. 

don't forget the limited edition 50th aniv merchandise and special anniversary dishes paying ode to past rides-skylab shake anyone?

• Like 1

I like the idea of a museum with a model layout of the park. Showing all the rides and attractions. 

It would also be nice to have a couple of new flat rides that were from the past such as Skylab, Wheel of Fortune or Phantom Theatre.

A couple of the old shows like say Celebration and the clown band brought back. 
Those are all smaller ideas due to COVID-19 destroying revenue this year. 
Would Love another New Coaster but, understand finances might be tight over the next couple years. Went to the park on year 1 and looking forward to year 50 and Hopefully year 75. See ya Saturday at the park.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Chris West said:

I like the idea of a museum with a model layout of the park. Showing all the rides and attractions. 

It would also be nice to have a couple of new flat rides that were from the past such as Skylab, Wheel of Fortune or Phantom Theatre.

A couple of the old shows like say Celebration and the clown band brought back. 
Those are all smaller ideas due to COVID-19 destroying revenue this year. 
Would Love another New Coaster but, understand finances might be tight over the next couple years. Went to the park on year 1 and looking forward to year 50 and Hopefully year 75. See ya Saturday at the park.

I still have my Celebration vinyl album (signed by the cast of course) :)  Best show EVER!  Can't find it online, only was able to pull up the Carowinds one.   The show after 2 years at KI went there.

• Like 1

Ik this sounds like a stretch since they did put them in fairly recently, but I would love to see them try and move the Woodstock Gliders back to the former location of Flying Eagles where the basketball 3 point challenge is across from where Vortex's batwing used to be and rename it to Flying Eagles. They could maybe relocate the 3 point challenge to Action Zone or something. Then maybe in the future bring back the water maze where the gliders are now or put in a new snoopy ride there. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Ik this sounds like a stretch since they did put them in fairly recently, but I would love to see them try and move the Woodstock Gliders back to the former location of Flying Eagles where the basketball 3 point challenge is across from where Vortex's batwing used to be and rename it to Flying Eagles. They could maybe relocate the 3 point challenge to Action Zone or something. Then maybe in the future bring back the water maze where the gliders are now or put in a new snoopy ride there. 

The Woodstock Gliders will never be the same as the Flying Eagles unfortunately. They were designed to be more tame, and long time Kings Island fans will know the difference between these gliders and the original Flying Eagles. Also, the water maze is Planet Snoopy was rather ugly and disgusting in my opinion, and I do not want to see it return. I do think Planet Snoopy needs a complete overhaul, though, but I don’t see this coming in 2022.

• Like 3