Kings Island 50th Anniversary Ideas

Dj325

1.  Get the Corkscrew section of Vortex and spray it gold (golden anniversary) and place it at the entrance.
  2.  Expand an existing area like Area 72 with a new place to eat, bathrooms, flat rides, shop, and game area.
  3.  Bring back the old school epic parades and hot air balloons for a few weeks in the summer.
  4.  Backwards Racer for 1 year only.
  5.  Have the Executive Chef prepare a special menu or food items inspired by Kings Island's history.
  6.  Set up the 3D theater and its queue as a temporary museum of Kings Island history with a mini movie 
  7.  Something with the kids area (no idea what)
  8.  Cut a deal to bring back the classic Hana Barbara characters for 1 season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I believe the corkscrew section of Vortex was already scrapped and is torn up into pieces now sadly. Also, don't we already have a thread on this topic? 

This is an existing thread from September 2020. It's the oldest thread and first one that came up when I searched.  I see a much newer one opened after this one. :)

2 hours ago, BruceWayneWins said:

This is an existing thread from September 2020. It's the oldest thread and first one that came up when I searched.  I see a much newer one opened after this one. :)

oops that is my mistake. I didn't notice we were a few pages into the thread lol. I thought it was a new thread. Sorry for the confusion.

53 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

The kids area absolutely needs over hauled. More shade or some method to cool off.  It can get brutally hot over there. I think in general beside Cedar Point the shade a Kings Island is horrible. Look at Carowinds kids area. Full Of nice grown in trees 

01FB2499-5B5C-4956-BFD3-CEA2C399B245.jpeg

Carowinds’ Camp Snoopy looks really nice! The brick pavers and trees makes for a very nice setting compared to Kings Island’s Planet Snoopy. Unfortunately, trees take a while to mature, but if Kings Island renovates Planet Snoopy, a few more trees would still go a long way.

I also would like to see a new park logo for the 50th anniversary. I know Cedar Point and Knott’s Berry Farm introduced special logos for their anniversaries, and it would be cool if Kings Island did the same.

On 9/10/2020 at 10:32 AM, rlentless said:

If a museum is not in the works . . I would like to see them post signs around the park marking historic spots with pictures and history.  Maybe mark spots of former attractions/rides at their originally locations.

Not permanent just for the 50th Anniversary season.

I pitched something similar to KI several years ago. My idea was to place a single "car" (or replica when an original can't be found) from the old rides in their former locations along with photos and a sign detailing the history. Allow guests to get in the cars for photos. 

• 1 month later...

Do you think we will see an announcement regarding plans for Kings Island’s 50th anniversary. If so, when do you think it will occur? I think it depends on the scale of the celebration and if there is a new attraction. I assume if there is one it will be when Gold Passes go on sale.

On 6/17/2021 at 10:49 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

The kids area absolutely needs over hauled. More shade or some method to cool off.  It can get brutally hot over there. I think in general beside Cedar Point the shade a Kings Island is horrible. Look at Carowinds kids area. Full Of nice grown in trees 

01FB2499-5B5C-4956-BFD3-CEA2C399B245.jpeg

That whole side of the park could flow beautifully with the right theming. River town into camp snoopy into a returned and renovated “KingsMills WaterWorks” water park with tall pines and lusher landscape (and ditch the fake tropical -beach theme) 

• Like 2

My thoughts:

1. Paint The Racer its original scheme as many have mentioned. This one seems the most realistic.

2. Get our Eagle Flyers back from Carowinds without telling them

3. Backwards Racer. It may not have started backwards, but it ran that way for a long time.

4. A dark boat ride. The best dark rides are boats, imo. Phantom Theater would be cool to see back but that isn't happening.

5. Rename Woodstock Express back to The Beastie...but again it didn't start out that way so they probably won't.

6. Retheme Action Zone to match The Bat/Banshee (maybe a haunted, Victorian theme)

7. Do something fancy with the façade on the park entrance (keep the building/tunnel...just make it look nice above that).

8. Hire Peter Brady to do a one-man show.

• Like 2

-Have The Gravity Group finish retracking/ reprofiling The Racer.

-Repaint Racer to its original red white and blue color pallet. 

-Restore the Wurlitzer 157 band organ on the Grand Carousel & upgrade with MIDI program, much like Cedar Point's Wurlitzer 153 on the Midway Carousel. 

-Touch up the paint on the Grand Carousel to bring the ride back to it's post-1969 restoration standard. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Here's what I'd love to see 

#1 Original Racer Red White & Blue paint color scheme (won't be happy if it's a brand new shade of white only) and PLEASE flip the Blue Backwards again. Literally they changed it the year before I was tall enough to ride it and my dad complains every time we ride it that it's better backwards. 

#2 Live Acting on Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad. This ride would be dynamite if they did reenactment like they do at Cedar Point. 

#3 Signs/Photos of former rides. I think a permanent museum is something we'd all be nuts about for a year and then never go to again so probably best to put photos around the park at various ride sites. If any cars or lapbars or track remain of defunct attractions put that on display too. (Has anyone else heard of "The Beast Graveyard"? Idk if it's ligit but legend has they bury a small piece of each ride they remove in this ride graveyard. If legend is true they need to dig that stuff up and put it on display. Or auction it for charity. Good grief you know how much people would pay for the only surviving piece of King Cobra or Son of The Beast after seeing what Vortex track sold for!)

#4 Bring Back the Fresh Made Bread! My GMA talks about how good it smelled

So just for fun, if they park would bring back 1 former non rollercoaster ride what would you like to see make a comeback? I personally would love to see a Double Ferris Wheel come to Area72 (aka The Zodiac). I've always thought that ride looked so cool! I think people would ride it because it looks cool. I mean there aren't any still in existence so if the design came back King's Island would have the only one I think. Runner up would have been Der Spinnen Keggers Because the October Fest area does need to be revitalized. 

Anyway let me know your thoughts on past ride that NEEDS to make a comeback!