KIC Safety

Now is a good time to bring up KIC safety while posting and meeting up at the park.  It is important to the KIC admins that we are communicating in a safe and responsible way. Remember: The minimum age for membership on KIC is 13 years old.  Discuss and communicate with other members that you do not know as if they are a minor.

• For the safety of all KIC members, the KIC meetup thread has always been accessible to logged in KIC members only.
  • Be smart when meeting up with other members. 
  • Do not meet up with anyone individually.
  • Bring a responsible adult to a meetup. (I have meet many parents at KIC meetups and other KI events and I am very glad to do so.) 

Here are some helpful resources that we ask for everyone to review.

Safe Social Networking for Teens - https://www.connectsafely.org/social-web-tips-for-teens

Online Safety - https://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign/online-safety

Tip line if you or someone you know is being harassed, bullied or otherwise inappropriately contacted - https://www.missingkids.org/gethelpnow/cybertipline

Teens story about being groomed - https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/consumer-advice/technology/a559300/this-teenager-is-warning-others-of-online-grooming/

How to be aware of predators grooming you or your child - https://educateempowerkids.org/8-ways-predator-might-groom-child/

If any KIC member has any additional concerns, please feel free to reach out to any of the KIC admins via the direct message feature on here.  

KIC Admins

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I just want to make sure that the victims know if there are any on here, That you are so brave for bringing this out. You are not alone in this and it was not your fault and don;t ever think it is! 

The coaster community should be a fun and inviting place to be. We can't have people like chad taking advantage of being YouTube famous and praying on younger girls. I can only imaging how parents feel when hearing about this kind of crap. I just feel so bad we even have to talk about this stuff happening to people. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, WickedDragster said:

I just want to make sure that the victims know if there are any on here, That you are so brave for bringing this out. You are not alone in this and it was not your fault and don;t ever think it is! 

The coaster community should be a fun and inviting place to be. We can't have people like chad taking advantage of being YouTube famous and praying on younger girls. I can only imaging how parents feel when hearing about this kind of crap. I just feel so bad we even have to talk about this stuff happening to people. 

Go to the CoasterMarina Instagram account. She talks with almost the whole Thrills United crew about it (mostly because she is a TU representative). She talked with Logan's dad and he broke down crying. It is truly a serious and sad time in the community right now because Chad was a brother to lots of enthusiasts. Now the community doesn't know what to do besides sit back and watch what happens. It's scary.

Edit: I'll be praying for all of the victims. These people are my age. What is happening to them is sickening. Hopefully something good happens.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Go to the CoasterMarina Instagram account. She talks with almost the whole Thrills United crew about it (mostly because she is a TU representative). She talked with Logan's dad and he broke down crying. It is truly a serious and sad time in the community right now because Chad was a brother to lots of enthusiasts. Now the community doesn't know what to do besides sit back and watch what happens. It's scary.

Edit: I'll be praying for all of the victims. These people are my age. What is happening to them is sickening. Hopefully something good happens.

I have seen Chad in videos with Logan and his dad.  This is awful.

I mean Chad has always come off a bit D-baggy to me....sorry for the language. We can't let what 1 person does effect how we are as a community acts! We can all come together and move on. I think OVC needs a name change and they need to distance themselves from him. Don't let him back on that channel or any channel at that. 

3 minutes ago, WickedDragster said:

I mean Chad has always come off a bit D-baggy to me....sorry for the language. We can't let what 1 person does effect how we are as a community acts! We can all come together and move on. I think OVC needs a name change and they need to distance themselves from him. Don't let him back on that channel or any channel at that. 

What he did was awful, but apparently he is getting a second chance. Chad's parents and Jeff Joiner (Logan's dad) are going to get him mental help because they said he obviously got this habit by a obsession of things that he shouldn't be watching. He apologized for it (which isn't really apologizing at this point) and he is currently getting help from family. I'm hoping he gets better, but he needs to leave the coaster community. Even Jeff said that, saying after he gets help he needs to go get a different hobby because he is putting the coaster community in danger.

1 minute ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

What he did was awful, but apparently he is getting a second chance. Chad's parents and Jeff Joiner (Logan's dad) are going to get him mental help because they said he obviously got this habit by a obsession of things that he shouldn't be watching. He apologized for it (which isn't really apologizing at this point) and he is currently getting help from family. I'm hoping he gets better, but he needs to leave the coaster community. Even Jeff said that, saying after he gets help he needs to go get a different hobby because he is putting the coaster community in danger.

People only change when they want to change.  Trying to change cause you got busted is not a reason deep down to want to change.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

People only change when they want to change.  Trying to change cause you got busted is not a reason deep down to want to change.  

He also released a statement. He is going to be taking a break from YouTube and social media altogether. He even deleted his Instagram account. He even said that he understood if he lost subscribers and followers.

Edit: I'm not defending Chad. I'm just updating the situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

He also released a statement. He is going to be taking a break from YouTube and social media altogether. He even deleted his Instagram account. He even said that he understood if he lost subscribers and followers.

Edit: I'm not defending Chad. I'm just updating the situation.

Losing subs and followers is the least of his problems.  Probably taking a break from social media cause he's getting ripped.  Does this person have a job or just an "influencer"?  

• Like 1

Discussing how the recent case illustrates the need to make the coaster community a safer place for everyone is welcome, but let's steer clear of any speculation. Some posts have been cleaned up.

This is a tough time for the entire community. Those who call themselves enthusiasts should strive to be the best fans of the park. It should be about enjoying parks, supporting the industry, modeling exemplary behavior, and creating the safest environment possible.

News like this, especially involving someone you know, feels like a gut punch. No one should lose sight of the fact that amusement parks and amusement park fans are part of the real world. We all have a responsibility for keeping ourselves, our families, and those around us safe.

Since amusement parks attract an audience of all ages, special caution is warranted with respect to interactions involving younger people in the community. It's always safest to interact in groups and with people in a similar age range. Be aware of the signs of grooming and abuse, and don't be afraid to report inappropriate behavior to relevant authorities and to others as appropriate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

It's honestly really sad that we have to have this conversation, but it is needed in this day in age. The coaster community from all across the board has been welcoming and should be a place for everyone to not have to worry about their safety. However with recent events, it's upsetting because I saw the individual at HWN, and I could have ridden in the same car as him. Safety, is, has, and will always be at the forefront of any park that you go to, the same should be said for the websites/communities that cover and discuss them too. 

Kudos to the individuals coming out on the subject, and kudos to the KIC team for making a statement of something that we all know is true; but is nice to be reminded of, that is, that KIC is and should be a safe place for all who are a part of it. 

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I must have missed something what exactly happened 

OVC’s owner was revealed to be grooming teenage girls and behaving in predatory and inappropriate behavior. As of now six people have come out, and there have been two reports of him allegedly committing a worse crime.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

OVC’s owner was revealed to be grooming teenage girls and behaving in predatory and inappropriate behavior. As of now six people have come out, and there have been two reports of him allegedly committing a worse crime.

Let's not spread information unless it's fact. That's how stories get carried away. I'm in no way defending the person. I just believe in sharing facts, not speculation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldschool75 said:

Let's not spread information unless it's fact. That's how stories get carried away. I'm in no way defending the person. I just believe in sharing facts, not speculation. 

Good point. The thing is that some of the people who have come forward have presented irrefutable evidence for which the person has admitted to it for one case. 

• Like 1

We are not the judge and jury.  We would like to see justice served, but unless charges are filed and the guilty parties (there are others who have been alleged to commit acts) face justice, we can only remain safe by being united.  That's why this thread was a good idea and the information is key to protecting children from harm.

• Like 2

I am not defending him. I don’t want to shame the ones coming forward. This is a bad issue. I have two teenage daughters 15 and 16 and a 13 yo son. I monitor what they are doing and have taken  every precaution possible to make it a safe place for them to talk to my wife and I about anything. In fact, we discussed this situation. That’s what parents need to do. My son was as part of this conversation as my girls.

In the legal sense on what he had admitted, 16 is the legal age of consent. (Not referring to allegations of rape, just the first one who announced her story that he stated was true). There is nothing illegal what he’s done. She didn’t tell him no. Emoticons and giggles are not clear enough “no” responses or enough to get someone to understand they could be uneasy with questions. He’s obviously manipulative at least through my dad eyes. He appears to have certain verbiage he’s comfortable using. 

The troubling thing is, she said in one post Or comment  she lead him on to show what he was like. This is not appropriate behavior either. Her intent was to blast him. Until I read this post, I was outraged by him. My outrage is equal towards both of them. 

While I truly want to be empathetic towards her because she is close to both my daughters ages, she’s a minor and not expected to think through things as an adult, it’s upsetting that this was an intentional set up. This is not acceptable behavior either. 

Parents, it’s time to have those uncomfortable discussions with you teens. Create that environment where they can talk to you about anything. 

11 minutes ago, GregKelly71 said:

I am not defending him. I don’t want to shame the ones coming forward. This is a bad issue. I have two teenage daughters 15 and 16 and a 13 yo son. I monitor what they are doing and have taken  every precaution possible to make it a safe place for them to talk to my wife and I about anything. In fact, we discussed this situation. That’s what parents need to do. My son was as part of this conversation as my girls.

In the legal sense on what he had admitted, 16 is the legal age of consent. (Not referring to allegations of rape, just the first one who announced her story that he stated was true). There is nothing illegal what he’s done. She didn’t tell him no. Emoticons and giggles are not clear enough “no” responses or enough to get someone to understand they could be uneasy with questions. He’s obviously manipulative at least through my dad eyes. He appears to have certain verbiage he’s comfortable using. 

The troubling thing is, she said in one post Or comment  she lead him on to show what he was like. This is not appropriate behavior either. Her intent was to blast him. Until I read this post, I was outraged by him. My outrage is equal towards both of them. 

While I truly want to be empathetic towards her because she is close to both my daughters ages, she’s a minor and not expected to think through things as an adult, it’s upsetting that this was an intentional set up. This is not acceptable behavior either. 

Parents, it’s time to have those uncomfortable discussions with you teens. Create that environment where they can talk to you about anything. 

He’s alleged to have done it with a minor in CA where the age is 18. Furthermore, there’s allegations of assault.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

He’s alleged to have done it with a minor in CA where the age is 18. Furthermore, there’s allegations of assault.

The first girl that broke the story? The one he admitted to? That is the only one I am referring to. Isn’t she in Ohio? CP girl and his comment about age of consent in Ohio. 

Alleged accusations are not convictions. Authorities will hopefully step in. At the minimum he needs investigated.  If there were/are accusations, it should be reported. Not setting him up. Allowing authorities to investigate accordingly would have possibly resulted in less people having to experience  this type of behavior. If you have the nerve to blast on social media, had proof, going to parents/trusted adult, then authorities would be the first steps to ridding the behavior. 

15 minutes ago, GregKelly71 said:

The first girl that broke the story? The one he admitted to? That is the only one I am referring to. Isn’t she in Ohio? CP girl and his comment about age of consent in Ohio. 

Alleged accusations are not convictions. Authorities will hopefully step in. At the minimum he needs investigated.  If there were/are accusations, it should be reported. Not setting him up. Allowing authorities to investigate accordingly would have possibly resulted in less people having to experience  this type of behavior. If you have the nerve to blast on social media, had proof, going to parents/trusted adult, then authorities would be the first steps to ridding the behavior. 

Nope, it’s the most recent one, and the allegations were horrifying. The are enthusiasts who have called the police and offered to give evidence. He’s in deep trouble.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

Nope, it’s the most recent one, and the allegations were horrifying. The are enthusiasts who have called the police and offered to give evidence. He’s in deep trouble.

I truly hope you never find yourself on the tail end of quite damaging rumors and gossip. Allegations (again) are not charges or convictions. Him hitting on a 16 year old is creepy In my opinion, not illegal. He has admitted to this. Allegations are essentially rumors. 

The issue I see are people claiming to have “horrifying” evidence, not turning it over to authorities until it is a hot topic. This is problematic. How can you allegedly have evidence and sit idle and allow this behavior to continue? Is there not one single enthusiast who claims to have proof that could have had the sense to go to  authorities until now?  How, in good conscience, do nothing if you have proof. If it’s true, it isn’t like it just happened to however many girls in a 24 hour period. 

I am not wanting to shame victims, because I understand they may not be in the right mindset. I understand, best I can, that society already victimizes the victim. Police are not often trained to handle this situation delicately.  Aside from it being a victim who has evidence and was too afraid to report it, those who have evidence are accomplices for delay in reporting. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GregKelly71 said:

This ain't it, chief.  Unless she doctored the screenshots of their chats, who cares what her motive was?  It's pretty clear he was preying on a child.  Since it's not a crime in OH, what was she supposed to do?  This is the same straight-up victim blaming you claim to be against.  He was a creep well before she decided to expose him.  She didn't make him do any of this.  Exposing him almost certainly stopped him from preying on more children.   Imagine being just as outraged by Chris Hansen as you would be by the pedos they catch on Dateline, because he set them up, too, right?  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, wabashcr said:

This ain't it, chief.  Unless she doctored the screenshots of their chats, who cares what her motive was?  It's pretty clear he was preying on a child.  Since it's not a crime in OH, what was she supposed to do?  This is the same straight-up victim blaming you claim to be against.  He was a creep well before she decided to expose him.  She didn't make him do any of this.  Exposing him almost certainly stopped him from preying on more children.   Imagine being just as outraged by Chris Hansen as you would be by the pedos they catch on Dateline, because he set them up, too, right?  

Furthermore, he admitted to the accusations on his IG channel. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 10:30 PM, amapan said:

Admins, can you tell us how to ignore or block forum users please?  For me at least, that function is not apparent. 

On desktop, you can also hover over the users username on their post and you should get the option to Ignore user.

Just using Silver since he had the last post.

image.png