KIC Safety

How can this be a safe site, when some members are actively preventing the truth about certain accounts run by shady individuals? All of the information in my claim was verified with sourced public information that I presented in my post.

Clarification: a media channel that was cited by this site frequently was identified to be run by a person with a criminal record. I posted the info to allow KIC members to make an informed decision, and to ensure the safety of members on this site.

The information about other individuals have been revealed and we are not going to hash things out further on KIC. At this point it is in the hands of the authorities and there is noting more to discuss about the situation.  

Know that the KIC admin are doing everything we can to make the KIC forums a fun and safe place for its members. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

If that end goal of keeping members in the community safe makes you upset, then I don’t know what to tell you.

The community is already safe as it is going by the mods actions and words on this and other relevant threads.  You're the one opening up old wounds just because you don't think something is going the way it should.  The people in question whom you mention are no longer part of this and several other communities, which, is the least of that person's problems if you know how anything regarding that kind of behavior entails.  Everything that was supposed to be done is done.   If you think I'm defending that person, you also couldn't be more wrong.  In fact, I'm feeling guilty I had any association with him because he led me to having a hiatus from here that really made me question a lot of things about myself.  I got caught up in his drama over the drones in the wrong way. 

I'm not arguing against anti-safety, that's you putting words in my mouth and assuming things that are not true.  Par for the course for you if that whole constructions flags/Invertigo/water line sham you were trying to push is any indication.  Your news site is full of hearsay stories with no actual proper journalism to constitute real news on parks.   You are a fraud.  

Furthermore, you have to be constantly told to let go of things and stop beating a dead horse.  You're the kind of person who likes to make sure everyone knows you're right regardless of how it makes others feel, a serious lack of empathy towards others.   You really have no clue how most people on this site view you or self  awareness in the way you act here most of the time.   Most of the last few drama moments around here have been centered on how you keep doing all that.  Get a clue.  

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, silver2005 said:

The community is already safe.

I'm not arguing against anti-safety, that's you putting words in my mouth and assuming things that are not true.  Par for the course for you if that whole constructions flags/Invertigo/water line sham you were trying to push is any indication.  Your news site is full of hearsay stories with no actual proper journalism to constitute real news on parks.   You are a fraud.  

Furthermore, you have to be constantly told to let go of things and stop beating a dead horse.  You're the kind of person who likes to make sure everyone knows you're right regardless of how it makes others feel, a serious lack of empathy towards others.   You really have no clue how most people on this site view you or self  awareness in the way you act here most of the time.   Most of the last few drama moments around here have been centered on how you keep doing all that.  Get a clue.  

First part, no it isn’t. We have accounts run by offenders, the OVC situation, and other sexual harassment cases in the last few months. I’m sorry but how is that a safe community?

I never said anything about Invertigo. No hearsay stories are stated on the site. I remember the mods and users on this site were laughing at the conclusion that the new drainage systems by The Beast meant a Giga was on its way. 

How can one report to admins and mods, if they’re slapped with warning points, temporarily banned, all over reporting someone’s criminal actions?

^You can't prevent every bad incident on the internet ever.  You also can't predict when and where that kind of behavior will pop up.  Yes, all that stuff is a problem, but really the only thing you can do is deal with each incident as it comes up.  I have no idea what you're trying to do other than just constantly remind KIC of a few people that slipped through the cracks.  

You're also only proving my point that you have a hard time letting go.  It honestly looks like you need mental help if you can't help but bring up all this stuff again and again and not trust members of the site with reporting such behavior. You're very naive to think that the KIC mods, few as they are, can cast such a wide and detailed net to protect everyone on the site at all times.   Being vigilant is important, but constantly bashing us over the head with it isn't doing anyone any good.  Most people know by now that the internet can have unsavory characters in it, as well as the coaster/park enthusiast community.  You're not breaking any new ground. Most of the points you keep bringing up are common sense stuff.  Most of the members here take issue with you not by you wanting KIC to be safe, but by the fact you are opening old wounds that most of us have moved on from.  Just because you haven't doesn't mean we haven't.  There's evidence you're skipping on purpose just so you can go on this tirade, and I'm sure the mods have brought this up to you before.  If you're really that dismayed about how KIC handles that stuff, then it might be better for you just to leave, because its obvious no one will give you the satisfactory answers you're hoping to attain.   You haven't gone over in your head what that actually looks like, hence you dragging all the members here in a constant mobius loop of your posting behavior.   I'm kind of irked that the mods haven't done so already.  You've devolved into a nuisance on this site.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

^You can't prevent every bad incident on the internet ever.  You also can't predict when and where that kind of behavior will pop up.  Yes, all that stuff is a problem, but really the only thing you can do is deal with each incident as it comes up.  I have no idea what you're trying to do other than just constantly remind KIC of a few people that slipped through the cracks.  

You're also only proving my point that you have a hard time letting go.  It honestly looks like you need mental help if you can't help but bring up all this stuff again and again and not trust members of the site with reporting such behavior. You're very naive to think that the KIC mods, few as they are, can cast such a wide and detailed net to protect everyone on the site at all times.   Being vigilant is important, but constantly bashing us over the head with it isn't doing anyone any good.  Most people know by now that the internet can have unsavory characters in it, as well as the coaster/park enthusiast community.  You're not breaking any new ground. Most of the points you keep bringing up are common sense stuff.  Most of the members here take issue with you not by you wanting KIC to be safe, but by the fact you are opening old wounds that most of us have moved on from.  Just because you haven't doesn't mean we haven't.  There's evidence you're skipping on purpose just so you can go on this tirade, and I'm sure the mods have brought this up to you before.  If you're really that dismayed about how KIC handles that stuff, then it might be better for you just to leave, because its obvious no one will give you the satisfactory answers you're hoping to attain.   You haven't gone over in your head what that actually looks like, hence you dragging all the members here in a constant mobius loop of your posting behavior.   I'm kind of irked that the mods haven't done so already.  You've devolved into a nuisance on this site.  

I’d rather be a nuisance and ensure the safety of the community. I don’t expect the KIC mods to keep everyone safe, but this is an unusual time and it’s best to keep on our toes. 

All I’m trying to do is keep members of the community safe. I hope nobody disagrees with my view. 

8 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

^Seriously, get help.  You're wallowing in your own self guilt and projecting it on everyone else.   

I’m not projecting guilt. You proved my point exactly. If you got caught up in the drones and associated with you know who, how many other teens and kids will do the same? That’s what my argument is. 

I think this site would be much better off without Gforce1994 but that is just my opinion. He is always a negative Nancy and beating a dead horse. It is because if his kind of views I feel like I can't post in trip threads about my 10 day birthday vacation or announce where I go and when. Good forbid I go to Indiana beach. I'm gonna go to hell for doing so if you believe people like him. I usually like to stay out of drama but this year hasn't been normal at all.

• Like 3