Is Kings Island the Night-Ride coaster capital of the world?

Dj325

I've ridden seven of Kings Island's roller coasters at night (Beast, Mystic, Orion, DB, Banshee, BLSC, and R.I.P The Vortex. I have yet to ride AE and Bat at night.), and each of them provided a unique experience. Do you think Kings Island has the best collection of roller coasters that give GOOD night-rides? Please note: The only two amusement parks I've been to other than Kings Island that I got to ride at least ONE of their roller coasters at night are Holiday World (The Legend), and Cedar Point (Valravn, and I think Top Thrill Dragster?).

• Like 2

While I definitely think KI deserves the title "night ride capital of the world", there are some challengers.  Ever ride Phoenix at Knoebels in the pitch dark? Or Raven at HW? Or Iron Rattler at SFFT?  Or Ghostrider at Knotts? Wooo weee those are insane after sunset.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

After visiting SFSL on Friday evening, I definitely think  KI has the superior night rides.

As a native St. Louisan who has been to KI numerous times over the years, and plan to come late in the season and get some a few night rides, I would agree.  The Boss and Screamin Eagle, and surprisingly (especially during Fright Fest) Batman provide very good night rides.  But the quantity of very good night rides is much better at KI.  KI having available wooded land all around the perimeter for the secluded rides is an IDEAL setup.  SFSTL used to have much more land than they currently do, and I was hopeful at one point years ago that we would see some expansion in a similar manner to what KI is like now.  SF sold of a large portion of that available land maybe 10 years ago, and it's now a subdivision unfortunately.  The other difference is that KI is basically on "platform" of land, with the edges of the park falling off in elevation towards the river.  SFSTL is in the reverse situation, with the front of the park at the level of the highway, and the further back in all directions from the front entrance you go, the higher the elevation is.  I think this bowl shape has limited what the park has been able to do, while the topography around KI has encouraged the kind of ride layouts that head off into the woods and allow them to use the setting to their advantage.

I do enjoy our night rides at SFSTL, don't get me wrong, but it's not on the same level, both for night rides and on the whole.

1 hour ago, Shaggy said:

While I definitely think KI deserves the title "night ride capital of the world", there are some challengers.  Ever ride Phoenix at Knoebels in the pitch dark? Or Raven at HW? Or Iron Rattler at SFFT?  Or Ghostrider at Knotts? Wooo weee those are insane after sunset.

Remember I did say this at the beginning and still remains true. "Please note: The only two amusement parks I've been to other than Kings Island that I got to ride at least ONE of their roller coasters at night are Holiday World (The Legend), and Cedar Point (Valravn, and I think Top Thrill Dragster?)."