Carrowinds Connection Forum to Shut Down

Wow.  Will be sad to see it go.  Back in the day there were tons of park specific fan sites like Carowinds Connection.  Hopefully someone will build a new site dedicated to Carowinds.

We are very fortunate to have KIC.  I remember the days when there was PKIUnlimited.  Hard to believe that I have been a staff member here on KIC going on 15 years next month.  I joined in October of 2005, shortly before Winterfest 2.0 opened.

• Like 5

I don't remember if I ever had an account and posted on Carowinds Connection, but it's sad to see an amusement park fansite close... I know the Kings Island ones were instrumental in helping me make some of my closest friends, and I imagine Carowinds Connection served the same purpose for many who call(ed) Carowinds their home park. It's also unfortunate how much history will be lost when the forums go offline - even if sites like archive.org save some of it, it'll now be far less accessible and easy to find.

• Like 3

I didn't go on it much but it was a good site to look at to prepare for my first Carowinds trip back in 2018.  It is sad to see a park specific site close.  

While things like Facebook and Twitter are good for immediate information, they are not as good at archiving information that you can go back and look at historical posts (like threads and comments).

• Like 5

From their post:

Since I know someone will ask this, I am not interested in someone else taking over the site. I recognize that is somewhat of a selfish choice, but it is one I feel fairly strongly about. There are a lot of creative people in the Carowinds fan community and I have no doubt that there are only greater things to come. By keeping the site running for a few more months I hope that will allow our members to get some sense of closure and identify where the community will shift.

21 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

Facebook tends to be a much more hostile place for comments. I'm in a couple event groups because I need to be but I wish there was an alternative for most parks.

Agreed, I lurk in some park Facebook groups because they sometimes can have good information like crowd reports but I hate when someone asks an innocent question and get insults and horrible replies. I also prefer forums where you are anonymous compared to Facebook.