International Street beer vending location.

burlguy41005

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, burlguy41005 said:

I was looking at some 1972 footage of International Street and didnt notice it in place at that time. Does anyone know the origin of the stein and when installed? 

A few months ago I was actually trying to figure out when it was added... it appears to have been installed mid-1975.

1975, from KICentral/Reggie Zippo (notice it missing at bottom right):

InternationalDriveMainGateRestaurantHeritageTheaterConstruction(1975).jpg

August 27, 1975, from an eBay auction (it's present on the right):

IMG_4949.PNG

I was talking with another KICentral user about it back in June and he speculated that it may have been a Farrell Coffey addition. Coffey created a lot of fiberglass figures and props around the park in the mid- to late-1970s, and this stein looks right up his alley.

• Like 2

That overhead shot once again makes me question the paver design of the redo last year. I know actual curbs will never come back, but the Pavers could’ve been used to recreate this look instead of the “trees in the middle of a skinny road” they came up with. Also don’t understand why the lampposts weren’t returned. 

1 hour ago, brenthodge said:

That overhead shot once again makes me question the paver design of the redo last year. I know actual curbs will never come back, but the Pavers could’ve been used to recreate this look instead of the “trees in the middle of a skinny road” they came up with. Also don’t understand why the lampposts weren’t returned. 

I agree.  But...it is much better than it was before.  And it is much better than blacktop which was the original pavement.  I think, over time, when the trees grow in some, it will look more and more as to what they may have had in mind.  I'm really glad they did the work, even though I miss the pedestals and the lamps ;)

• Like 1