Chef’s Plate 9/19/20

BoddaH1994

Okay can we just take a second to appreciate the fact that Chef Major has been rocking the food scene ever since he came to KI? From the stylistic food choices at the Miami River Brewhouse, to the Chef's Plate program, Chef Major, honestly speaking, is my favorite executive chef YTD. I love the fact that he's also very out there unlike his predecessors. (IIRC I never saw the old Exec chef as active in the park as I have seen from Chef Major) Pre-Major, I had more reasons to go outside of the park than to eat inside. Now? I have 3 maybe even 4 different Kings Island "brand" restaurants to choose from, and that's honestly what I've been wanting for years now. Kudos on KI for getting some different food out there esp with the Chef's Plate program, definitely something I can say has been a smash hit with my family and several friends of mine.  

• Like 6

Chef is great. The quality and variety has been excellent. In the shadow of the flagship park in the chain, Kings Island has blown past Cedar Point in food choice and overall quality. We look forward to using our dining plan at KI, this year was a struggle at CP for our 3 visits, especially with the inexplicable removal of a Burrito/Bowl option and the excellent Frontier Foldover. 

• Like 2

Hugos was a HUGE let-down for a new place at CP. Indoor seating, large space in a great spot for it in the park and the menu was a total miss. We tried twice, different items each time and both were close to throw-away-awful. I hope they change course on it in short order and make it a cantina style, bringing back burritos and bowls, adding standard tacos and nachos. 

Backbeat is always good and Hugo's is terrible. I tried Mac Shack and was not impressed with that either this past Sat. Maybe it is just the wrong kind of cheese being used? I have no idea. Not all cheese is good for mac and cheese and certain kinds do not mix well either. I can not really say which park has the better food because it seems like Cedar Point has so many more places to eat and I haven't come close to trying them all. I think I have tried just about every restaurant at King's Island except the Chicken place in Rivertown and the Subway if that even counts. Who wants subway at a theme park anyways. Replace that with something else.