Why can't we get a lighting package like this?

coaster sally

1 hour ago, raggedman07 said:

I couldn't care less one way or the other, but "if you don't like it don't come/watch/whatever" is a really crap marketing strategy...look how well its worked out for star trek discovery.

My post was not directed at a marketing strategy, it was directed at people who seem to think that nothing is ever good enough.

• Confused 1

I think full scale lighting packages are on the rise for coasters.  Take a look a Monster at Adventureland or HangTime at Knott's Berry Farm as examples. 

There has been discussion lately about how Kings Island has great night rides.  I think whenever the next coaster is added, that an extensive lighting package would be great; especially if it is in Vortex's spot where it can be seen easily from the midway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

I think full scale lighting packages are on the rise for coasters.  Take a look a Monster at Adventureland or HangTime at Knott's Berry Farm as examples. 

There has been discussion lately about how Kings Island has great night rides.  I think whenever the next coaster is added, that an extensive lighting package would be great; especially if it is in Vortex's spot where it can be seen easily from the midway.

Agreed 100%. Whatever coaster they add - especially if it’s in The Vortex spot - will likely have something like this. Even if this is expensive, it’s visual, marketable, “sexy” (a word that the legendary Meff likes to use with stuff like this), and can easily be iconic. 

The reason why we don’t have one? Because since this level of lighting has been around the only steel coaster they’ve added has been Orion, and I don’t think this would be appropriate for a giga. Definitely a Maverick-style ride would do great with it. If they built Vortex today that package would be perfect for it. My guess is something like that is coming eventually. 

• Like 3

Most coasters have track where lighting can be placed within like the previously mentioned Monster and Hangtime. 

Why we don't have it? @BoddaH1994 said it perfectly. Also lighting on coasters has come a long way. It was only recently we started to see this type of elaborate lighting be incorporated into a coaster.

I always thought it would be cool to have chaser lights on Racer