Fulfilling my sister's last wishes

AgentSoB

Hello there! I'm a long time member that used to be a whole lot more active on this site. I still very much love the site and lurk all the time. My sister has breast cancer and the outlook is not a good one. Her treatment hasn't been successful this go round. So, she has decided to stop treatment to avoid being sick all the time for no reason. She is spending a day with each immediate family member, and ours is Saturday the 26th at Kings Island. She wanted to spend the day with her brother at his favorite place. Also, she wanted her last new ride to be on Orion.

I was wondering if anyone here had experiences with using the disability pass, and what to expect with it on what I'm sure will be a busy Saturday. I'll be pushing her around in her wheelchair. Do I just wheel that up the exit?

Also, was thinking about Fun Pix, as this will be one of my last big memories with her. Is it worth it? What all does it involve?

I don't know how long of a day we will be able to have, but she wants to stay for as long as she possibly can go. I want to make it as special as possible for her.

• Like 10

Fun pix is a great idea and one that I have used before. After exiting a ride, you can view your photo, give the number that corresponds to your photo to the employee there. They bring it up and then scan your lanyard. At the end of your day, you can go to guest services to print them out or you can actually print them out at home. I thought it was well worth the money.

So sorry that you are going through this. 

• Like 3

I don't have anything helpful to add, but I do want to say that you sound like an amazing brother.  I am terribly sorry that your family is going through this, but I am glad that you get the chance to make memories that will last your entire life.  I highly recommend documenting it with pictures, whether they are purchased from KI or just taken by yourself.

• Like 3

Thank you! She is definitely excited for our trip. It's nice to see a smile on her face knowing she has something to look forward to. Today she had a reading of some scans she had earlier in the week. For the first time since it has come back, it actually responded a bit to the last bit of treatment she had. Right now it's about comfortability, and this news means she can literally breathe a little easier. It has taken some pressure off of her esophagus.

I'm not sure if this is going to change things and motivate her to fight for a little more time, but it was a nice bit of positive news. 

• Like 5

If you have trouble getting through to Guest Services, you might also try reaching out to someone like Don (Helbig) on Twitter.  Don's been a loyal friend and true to this site over the years and has often gone above and beyond.  Thoughts and prayers to your family.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

If you have trouble getting through to Guest Services, you might also try reaching out to someone like Don (Helbig) on Twitter.  Don's been a loyal friend and true to this site over the years and has often gone above and beyond.  Thoughts and prayers to your family.

Yes and thanks! I actually emailed Don this past weekend. He responded and was very helpful. He's such a great asset to the park, and an all around good person!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

This is like, the saddest thing I've ever read on here.  I'm so sorry you're going through this.  I hope your day with your sister is awesome!

Thank you so much! It is going well! She actually felt well enough, that she left the wheelchair and is walking. Getting our Orion ride soon!

9ca8f834-ff01-4454-8c13-5e215fc3150c.jpg

Edited by AgentSoB
Added photo
  • Like 12