Season pass-holders sue Cedar Point's owner over reimbursements for shortened season

We do not know if 2021 will be a normal season and things are strongly looking like they will not be. Also for anybody at a park that did not open and either only bought gold or could not drive to another park. How it paying in 2019 and not being able to use the items you bought till 2021 fair? I f you were late or short or defaulted on a payment a credit card company would charge you fees or take things away and your credit would go south. Why should Cedar Fair get a pass for using your hard earned dollar for an extra year without giving you something in return or giving part of the money you paid back?

^That may stand a chance (but probably unlikely) for a passholder of a park that did not open, but for the parks that did open, passholders of those parks got in part of this year and all of next year.  I am sure plenty of KI gold passholders are tickled they didn't have to fork out money this month to renew a pass for next year...

• Like 2

All things are in the small print.  Every year we see the same thing "dates and times are subject to change".  The past couple of years they have closed when it rained for the day an nobody sued them.  The basis for being cheated out of 1 day or a season would hold the same water so I don't see this going any where except for lining lawyers pockets.  Cedar Fair took early and gracious action by offering the next year free.  What if they said that everyone who wants a refund will get one but as a condition season passes would no longer be available to them since those people didn't adhere to the small print.  I wonder how many would take them up on that offer? Furthermore they offered anyone who purchased in 2020 the 2021 season as well for not just the passes, but the add-ons as well. 

Some people are just snowflakes and like to complain just to be heard so they can feel relevant in their otherwise irrelevant lives.  They need to listen to the Galaxy Song by Monty Python from The Meaning of Life.  "Just remember that your standing on a planet that's evolving......."

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

We do not know if 2021 will be a normal season and things are strongly looking like they will not be. Also for anybody at a park that did not open and either only bought gold or could not drive to another park. How it paying in 2019 and not being able to use the items you bought till 2021 fair? I f you were late or short or defaulted on a payment a credit card company would charge you fees or take things away and your credit would go south. Why should Cedar Fair get a pass for using your hard earned dollar for an extra year without giving you something in return or giving part of the money you paid back?

Basically when you go into an agreement with a credit card company, season pass agreement, even a facebook account you are agreeing to the small print.  They write the small print and have many more lawyers to make sure they are covered by it, that's why it is there.  The devil is in the details.  

4 hours ago, robintodd said:

Basically when you go into an agreement with a credit card company, season pass agreement, even a facebook account you are agreeing to the small print.  They write the small print and have many more lawyers to make sure they are covered by it, that's why it is there.  The devil is in the details.  

Legally covered, yes.  Goodwill takes a hit, though.  I think KI is much better about the whole closing early thing than almost every other seasonal park.  It only happens about once a season, maybe a little more.  Closing early because of rain simply leads to people being afraid to go on days when rain is predicted because they're afraid the park is going to close early, thus perpetuating the problem.  

To be honest, if KI's schedule were what it is this year (11-7, not necessarily opening in July) then I'd be pretty upset if next year wasn't included.  It's always risky to buy this stuff before the schedule is announced.  I have faith that the general operating calendar will be 10-10 most of the summer, so I have the opportunity to go, so I buy early.  The All Season Food on the other hand, I wait until a few days before park opening because you never know when that may be greatly modified. As long as the program continues to work the way it does, then I'll continue to purchase.  If they try the Cedar Point thing of many restaurants being an upcharge from it, or when they had "lunch" and "dinner" hours then I'd probably pass on it.  

• Like 1