Banshee trouble?

Shawn Meyer

I reached out to the park and this is what they have said, "We can confirm that Banshee did not operate last weekend. The maintenance team will have it up and running as soon as they can. They hope it to be operating this weekend."

It sounds like they are working diligently to get Banshee back up for the last few weekends. Thanks to the maintenance team for their hard work on this!  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Hopefully it’s nothing major. If a part broke hopefully they borrow apart from Raptor up the road at Cedar Point. Guess we’ll find out Saturday.

They can’t do that. Entirely different rides. Furthermore, the fact they are using heavy machinery leads me to deduce it’s not a part issue.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WickedDragster said:

I didn't make my way over to that side of the park Saturday since I never saw it run. What could you see? You saw boards?  were these on the ground  and what kinda of machinery did you see?

They were boards used to allow cranes and fork lifts to navigate over the terrain. There were also wires strewn about under the first drop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vortex said:

Hopefully it’s nothing major. If a part broke hopefully they borrow apart from Raptor up the road at Cedar Point. Guess we’ll find out Saturday.

There's so much wrong with that.

• Raptor is 20 years older than Banshee (1994 vs. 2014).  What makes you think that a mission-critical component that's not a typical replacement part kept in stock would be a simple drop-in replacement like this?
  • Cedar Point is scheduled to operate through the weekend after Halloween.  Just like Kings Island.  Both parks will be open at the same time.  Why on Earth would they spend the time and money to tear apart Raptor so that Banshee can operate?
  • Etc...
  • Like 2

I know for a fact that Banshee was already down since this past weekend but I'm not real sure why or what happened to Banshee but it seems that Banshee probably ran into a mechanical problem.... I can hope that Banshee will be up and running as soon as they can (possibly this weekend).

• Like 1

Why would a crane mean track work?  They may be using a crane to put a bucket to help carry people up on.  If you saw wiring pulled out, why would you assume it's a track issue?  This isn't Instagram, you don't need to clickbait people.  

If I had to guess, it's something related to the lift system, whether that be the motor, the chain, sensors, etc.

51 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

Why would a crane mean track work?  They may be using a crane to put a bucket to help carry people up on.  If you saw wiring pulled out, why would you assume it's a track issue?  This isn't Instagram, you don't need to clickbait people.  

If I had to guess, it's something related to the lift system, whether that be the motor, the chain, sensors, etc.

The boards were in a place (bottom of the first drop, that would only mean trackwork.

• Like 1