What’s with the new Construction Supplies delivered to the park

gforce1994

8 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I am not making fun of you. Do you any pictures of the materials? If it is large crates of wood, I think it could be for offseason maintenance on their wooden rollercoasters. I could see Kings Island re-tracking more of The Racer this offseason.

CAABACD8-E60A-4F7E-BAD9-93488B713335.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

There’s documents submitted to counties/cities where owners of properties will list the contractors hired for the year.

GCI was on the 2020 notice of commencement, furthermore they already did work earlier this year on racer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gforce1994 said:

There’s documents submitted to counties/cities where owners of properties will list the contractors hired for the year.

Technically, on Kings Island’s latest Notice of Commencement submitted to Warren County, they do have GCI listed as a contractor for 2019, 2020, and 2021 additions and improvements which likely includes The Racer’s re-tracking in 2019 and 2020, but it could also include 2021 re-tracking. For anyone interested, here is the full document filed last December for 2019, 2020, and 2021. It and more of Kings Island’s filed documents are accessible on the Warren County Recorder’s website.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

More wood has been dropped off.

At this point, I am hopeful that they are doing some significant GCI re-tracking on The Racer this offseason especially given the proximity of the new wood to the ride, but I wouldn’t be expecting anything more than that. Maybe they are repairing a fence or something. I really don’t think they are building anything new.

Realistically probably just maintenance on The Racer or Beast. With only 3 parks open I don’t see anything new in 2021 unless it’s something small. Season passes went on sale with out any announcement for 2021 Cedar Fair parks.