Why is there no Vortex tombstone?

Dj325

As of when this forum has been posted, I've been to Kings Island at least two or three times during the FALL season. In those 2-3 times I've been, I've been looking for in the "Kings Island ride graveyard" for The Vortex's tombstone. But all the times I've looked, I've had no luck finding it. Here are MY two possible reasons why I think this is: One; Kings Island hasn't had the time to make the tombstone yet. Or, two; Maybe Kings Island is, possibly, planning on, sometime, resurrecting the ride.  Who knows?

This is just MY prediction. Let me know your thoughts on why there is no Vortex tombstone.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dj325 said:

As of when this forum has been posted, I've been to Kings Island at least two or three times during the FALL season. In those 2-3 times I've been, I've been looking for in the "Kings Island ride graveyard" for The Vortex's tombstone. But all the times I've looked, I've had no luck finding it. Here are MY two possible reasons why I think this is: One; Kings Island hasn't had the time to make the tombstone yet. Or, two; Maybe Kings Island is, possibly, planning on, sometime, resurrecting the ride.  Who knows?

This is just MY prediction. Let me know your thoughts on why there is no Vortex tombstone.

You don't know how many times you have been to KI this fall? ;)

5 hours ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

Because it's not dead. ;)

This.  I think Vortex was a much more integral part of Kings Island than the average coaster that gets removed.  I would put it along the lines of The Beast and the Eiffel Tower.  I believe Cedar Fair has finally discovered the true value of nostalgia (KMAA, Winterfest, and I would argue MT).  I will actually be surprised if whatever takes Vortex' spot won't be called "Vortex", or have that as part of its name.

19 hours ago, Sixflags82 said:

iirc there wasnt a Firehawk tombstone until later into the haunt season last year

True. I think I do remember that.

13 hours ago, silver2005 said:

They probably don't have it yet because they were anticipating no Haunt due to COVID-19.  

No Haunt=no Vortex tombstone. 

This is just a joke: Or maybe Kings Island tried hiring skeletons to make the tombstone. But the tombstone was never made because the "Skeleton Crew" didn't have the GUTS to make it. LOL

14 hours ago, KIfan73 said:

I will actually be surprised if whatever takes Vortex' spot won't be called "Vortex", or have that as part of its name.

Not even the name, Son of The Vortex? No pun intended.

15 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

You don't know how many times you have been to KI this fall? ;)

When I said the "FALL season", I meant the time when Kings Island started doing the fall activities THIS YEAR. Sorry if that might have been a little confusing. And to answer your question, I know I've at least two times during the "FALL season."

14 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

4EA559D2-A983-49D8-92C7-397C9863E90C.jpeg

*starts sniffling and later a little bit of crying*

• Like 1