Fort Washington Attraction

gforce1994

I was looking at some old concept art, and in the location of the canoe ride, there was an island with a prop Fort Washington model on the island. Why was the prop and theming never set up when the attraction was actually built?

Was Rivertown really going to be themed to the Cincinnati of the early 1800s as well?

IDK, because concept != reality ?

Personally, I've never seen any concept art ever fully match the final end product.  Usually because the concept includes all sorts of items to "sell" the project; but once approved various cost cutting measures come into play to keep within budget as it nears completion.

Also a picture here would have been useful.  Something, something, a thousand words...

45 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Was Rivertown really going to be themed to the Cincinnati of the early 1800s as well?

I mean in a construction film they called it Frontierland. I'm assuming they changed it to diversify themselves from Disney and maybe even Cedar Point. Almost the whole park was more or less themed to Cincinnati when it was completed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maddog said:

IDK, because concept != reality ?

Personally, I've never seen any concept art ever fully match the final end product.  Usually because the concept includes all sorts of items to "sell" the project; but once approved various cost cutting measures come into play to keep within budget as it nears completion.

Also a picture here would have been useful.  Something, something, a thousand words...

True, I know early concepts don’t look like the final projects.

There are numerous differences such  as the lake in front of the park entrance, a bridge over the main fountain, the kid coaster being relocated to the south end of the park, and other differences. I just found the Fort Washington theming interesting because it was a nice tie to Cincy History, and it seemed like a mix of time periods -1790, 1849, and 1890.