Teasing of RMC?!

Logic

5 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Kings Island definitely tweeted this out knowing the response they would get. I doubt they are planning anything, and they probably just wanted to have some fun with their fans.

It was tweeted asking a simple question: wood or steel? 

Do you like wooden coasters, or steel coasters? That was the question being asked. Nothing more, nothing less. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DonHelbig said:

It was tweeted asking a simple question: wood or steel? 

Do you like wooden coasters, or steel coasters? That was the question being asked. Nothing more, nothing less. 

I agree that it was a simple question, but the nature of Kings Island fans is to automatically create speculation out of small things like this hence the creation of this thread. I am not saying the park was trying to troll fans, but it is not a total surprise that people have started jumping to conclusions with the tweet. I, personally, never saw it as much, but judging by the comment section on the tweet and this thread, many people have begun speculating even though it most definitely means nothing.

4 hours ago, DonHelbig said:

I definitely love both. However, some wooden coasters are not as re-rideable when they are extremely rough while most steel coasters are extremely re-rideable. However, I love the concept of the hybrid coaster which is a steel coaster with a wood structure. I've ridden Steel Vengeance and Twisted Colossus and loved both.

15 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I definitely love both. However, some wooden coasters are not as re-rideable when they are extremely rough while most steel coasters are extremely re-rideable. However, I love the concept of the hybrid coaster which is a steel coaster with a wood structure. I've ridden Steel Vengeance and Twisted Colossus and loved both.

Is AE a hybrid?

And what about The Voyage--wood track with a steel structure.  Is it a hybrid too?

On 10/18/2020 at 11:55 AM, FUN&ONLY! said:

Kings Island definitely tweeted this out knowing the response they would get. I doubt they are planning anything, and they probably just wanted to have some fun with their fans.

They may or may not have been "just having fun" but certainly they are already in the planning stages for their next major attraction.  Might be another 3-5 years away and not even set in stone, but the planning has certainly begun.

22 minutes ago, medford said:

They may or may not have been "just having fun" but certainly they are already in the planning stages for their next major attraction.  Might be another 3-5 years away and not even set in stone, but the planning has certainly begun.

Idk about that. I believe with the pandemic and all, I think that CF and KI are looking more short term right now especially there is no guarantee that they'll be able to resume normal operations next season. Also Mike Koontz at the Orion media day said that the planning for Orion began in 2018. Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFBsJU4AbK4

• Like 1

I am reminded of a quote that a Vice President of Cedar Fair has said and I have used it on the forum frequently as to why something may or may not be said from CF:  "It is important to remember that Cedar Fair is a publicly traded company and that affects the type and timing of our communication."  That simple statement says it all.  They are countless of real world, everyday examples demonstrating this same technique in other businesses and industries.

At the end of the day, they are not under any obligation to tell us when planning really started on anything and thus they control the narrative and how it is presented (unless of course someone leaks it out earlier).  Maybe Orion was actually planned earlier but they want the narrative to be 2018 because it works well with the rest of their narrative.  Maybe they are trying to dispel the 5-year planning cycle as a myth so that people quit hounding them on what the next new attraction is.  Lot's of maybe's, and the fact of the matter is someone in the know will not officially come out and say something against the narrative the park is telling...unless they don't care about potentially losing their job LOL. 

Let's face it, if you were in position of knowing the next attraction, wouldn't you want to stop people from hounding you about what it is for as long as possible?  How do you do that - you control the narrative and be selective when and what and how you share information.

I am sure this pandemic has resulted in a re-evaluation of their plan, but to think they are not planning long term improvements as well would be short-sided.  Whether they happen or not is another story and will be determined in future years.