What if Geauga Lake never closed?

34 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

Why is it Pennsylvania can have so many different amusement parks and Ohio really only has 2. I know somebody might point out Stricker's Grove or the dry rides the Columbus zoo has but those don't really count.

I would consider most of their parks as smaller local parks that don't need the attendance of bigger parks like Kings Island and Cedar Point. A larger population probably helps support more parks too. And while they may not be in Ohio there are a few parks within a few hours drive of Cedar Fairs Ohio parks.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

Why is it Pennsylvania can have so many different amusement parks and Ohio really only has 2. I know somebody might point out Stricker's Grove or the dry rides the Columbus zoo has but those don't really count.

local parks that have been around for generations that started as trolly parks. I wish Ohio's trolly parks stayed around longer, but there are very specific reasons these parks closed.

• Confused 1

I would say, without a doubt, CF would have invested in Geauga Lake, but it would be more closer to the level of Michigan's Adventure as opposed to KI or CP. I think they would have received more of an investment than MA, but far less than KI or CP. I think it's a shame that it did not become more of a locals park. The residents certainly did not support it, or it would not have been closed. 

Michigan's Adventure was pulling in more attendance then GL in 2008 and with half the rides and staff. The park would of really needed to be down sized without declining in guest to stay affloat. I would be more curious to see how it would of ended up if Seaworld bought out Six Flags Ohio and not the other way around

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 12:04 AM, silver2005 said:
The only way I see GL surviving is if SIX never purchased them and overbuilt there to keep it as a small niche park, and even that's a stretch. 

100% this. SIX spread that park to thin. It was not near any major highways or byways and was difficult to get in and out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/24/2020 at 1:01 AM, SnakePlissken said:

Double post because it’s been years since I’ve been here:

Because our parks got bought out. Americana/LeSourdeville Lake was turned into an RV park/now whatever it is. GL got purchased by big investors. Even it’s concerning that KI and CP are intertwined for their futures.

GL had maybe a snowballs chance after six left but that chance was diminished when CF bought them.

KK is stills trudging along and growing. GL could have done the same if they were not in CPs backyard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1