Adventure Express/Arrow Mine Trains

super7

This is an interesting fact.    Out of the 16 mine trains built by arrow since 1966, all are still operating except Dexter Frebish Electric Roller Ride/Excalibur at Astroworld.  And that coaster was removed to be replaced by an SLC, not because of ride age or mechanical issues.

AE appears that it will have a VERY long life if the park chooses.

• Like 7

They are relatively low maintenance rides. The trains don't experience any extreme speed or hard g forces. They should last a long time plus due to the slower speed it doesn't feel as rough. Plus they are good family coasters and fill a good spot in almost any park line up.

• Like 4

I saw this on Coaster Nation’s Facebook, and I genuinely want to know what this is about because the post doesn’t really explain anything. It says Adventure Express was re-tracked and new special effects were added, but I find this highly unlikely to have occurred within the last week. If anyone has ridden it today, has anything actually changed?

image.png

Just now, FUN&ONLY! said:

I saw this on Coaster Nation’s Facebook, and I genuinely want to know what this is about because the post doesn’t really explain anything. It says Adventure Express was re-tracked and new special effects were added but I find this highly unlikely to have occurred within the last week. If anyone has ridden it today, has anything changed?

image.png

Yes, the helix and the lower valley had new track placed (its red compared to the normal brown), and there’s new lighting effects on the final lift.

• Like 2

Just now, gforce1994 said:

Yes, the helix and the lower valley had new track placed (its red compared to the normal brown), and there’s new lighting effects on the final lift.

Seriously? That is pretty cool! I could see this being the start of a complete renovation for 2021. I could see the rest of the track being painted red or the new track being painted brown to match the old track. If you have any pictures, that would be great!

1 minute ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Seriously? That is pretty cool! I could see this being the start of a complete renovation for 2021. I could see the rest of the track being painted red or the new track being painted brown to match the old track. If you have any pictures, that would be great!

I’ll try to get some. It’s in the helix away from the midway, but it’s noticeable when you ride it. The effects were pretty neat.

• Like 1

Did they remove the awful dip in the helix?   That dip is the perfect example of how amateur Arrow’s track work can be. 

1 hour ago, gforce1994 said:

The effects in the last tunnel do not appear to me to be new.  It just appears the existing effects have been fixed.  But it does look the best I have seen in a very long time.

There are a few feet of red track, the area it is in is very smooth now.  It’s hard to tell while riding but I do not think the sections correspond to track segments.  Which suggests to me that the rail or maybe more was cut out and refurbished or replaced.  Overall though it’s a few feet of track, maybe 10 ft total.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Kenban said:

The effects in the last tunnel do not appear to me to be new.  It just appears the existing effects have been fixed.  But it does look the best I have seen in a very long time.

There are a few feet of red track, the area it is in is very smooth now.  It’s hard to tell while riding but I do not think the sections correspond to track segments.  Which suggests to me that the rail or maybe more was cut out and refurbished or replaced.  Overall though it’s a few feet of track, maybe 10 ft total.

So only about 10ft of track was replaced? 

31 minutes ago, Thabto said:

I was just going to post something about this. I thought this new section was a test paint. I thought AE may be getting a paint job this offseason.

Maybe you are right. I definitely want to see it in the daylight tomorrow to tell if it’s actually new track or not. 

Official KIC assessment. There was a 15-ft section and has been repaired/retract. There are some new LED lights in the final tunnel on the tiki guys.

The ride does not seem to ride any different or faster than it did before. Don't go expecting the whole ride to be retract and faster as reported earlier by another member.

• Like 9