Adventure Express/Arrow Mine Trains

super7

My 10-year old daughter loves Adventure Express. She will be thrilled to know that next year the ride will be a little smoother and hopefully the broken animatronics on the final lift hill will be repaired. Perhaps the ominous voice stating, "You have disturbed the forbidden temple. Now you will pay!" will also again be audible.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

All the arms were moving yesterday.  The ominous voice was present.  The whistling wind noise was on in 2 tunnels.  The lighting effects were on.  The swords worked.  There were lights leaving the station down the hill.  I noticed no difference in the physical ride experience.  The creaking on the first lift hill was not on and the fog was not on.  But I'm pretty impressed with the improvements.

Awesome. Cannot wait until April 2021. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NegativeGs said:

I was inside guest services around 3:30 pm today. A few guests came in complaining that many coasters were down and asked for refunds. I left the park shortly after and the ambient temperature was about 45 degrees Fahrenheit. 

Yes, the B&Ms shut down due to high winds, not temps around3-3:30. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

All the arms were moving yesterday.  The ominous voice was present.  The whistling wind noise was on in 2 tunnels.  The lighting effects were on.  The swords worked.  There were lights leaving the station down the hill.  I noticed no difference in the physical ride experience.  The creaking on the first lift hill was not on and the fog was not on.  But I'm pretty impressed with the improvements.

I wish they would actually repair the physical structure of the final lift. Major sections of “rock” are missing, and as much as I love physical effects, they could do wonders with some relatively inexpensive projection mapping in the final (and actually all) tunnels that would be easier to maintain. The fist two tunnels need at least a little light to see what’s going on in them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brenthodge said:

I wish they would actually repair the physical structure of the final lift. Major sections of “rock” are missing, and as much as I love physical effects, they could do wonders with some relatively inexpensive projection mapping in the final (and actually all) tunnels that would be easier to maintain. The fist two tunnels need at least a little light to see what’s going on in them. 

They have been reinforcing the main support structure for the first lift.

I haven't read the entire thread, but will pipe in to simply state that I believe Adventure Express has had portions of track replaced in the past.  The memory is blurry, but I seem to recall it being the 1998 off season when what appeared to be replacement track for AE appeared in the parking lot.   Saw it with my very own eyes.  I cant say for sure where along the course the replacement could have been made - however I've long suspected it was at the start of the ride, where the "mist" effect was located.  I believe that very same season, the mist was discontinued and has never returned afaik.  The piece(s) I saw, if they were indeed AE track, weren't very long - maybe only 10 feet or so.

• Like 2