Decoding the Area 72 Easter Eggs

IndyGuy4KI

Now that we are at the dreaded off-season, lets see who is good with their detective skills by submitting your Easter eggs and what they are referencing in Area 72. There was an existing thread that was started, but lets start over with this new thread with a picture and the reference.

https://kicentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36573-how-many-easter-eggs-can-you-find-in-orions-que-line-and-the-new-area-72-area

Submit your Easter eggs and I will do everything I can to confirm or deny if they are accurate.

Also in this thread there will be the - KICentral Golden Easter Egg Hunt!

A KIC T-shirt is waiting for whomever is the first person to correctly post the KIC Easter egg and what it is referencing about KIC!

Here is the Orion gallery to get you started, but you can use your own photos to post as well.  Hint, the Easter Egg can be seen in at least one of the photos in the gallery below.

• Like 1

I know this one.....It's 7. Orion queue line both standby and fast pass lanes, One at Flight of Fear exit behind the van, entrance gate to Area 72, one at car, picture of eggs on Vortex, Silver Star, Zodiac, Skylab, Firehawk, Invertigo plus the 2 KIC easter eggs are inside the hangar. 

2 hours ago, David Ellis said:

I know this one.....It's 7. Orion queue line both standby and fast pass lanes, One at Flight of Fear exit behind the van, entrance gate to Area 72, one at car, picture of eggs on Vortex, Silver Star, Zodiac, Skylab, Firehawk, Invertigo plus the 2 KIC easter eggs are inside the hangar. 

I am not sure what you are saying as far as "It's 7"?

The outposts read "Outpost 20", "Outpost 07", and "Outpost 87". Of course outpost 20 symbolizes Orion opening in 2020, outpost 07 symbolizes Firehawk's relocation to Kings Island in 2007, and outpost 87 symbolizes the opening of Vortex.

I believe there are also several easter eggs where the FoF pictures used to be. I think there was a seat from one of the Firehawk trains, and some cans that say "Firehawk Hydro Fuel", and maybe some other things.

I know the barrels are kind of obvious in what they are referencing, Like Radium xl-200, and Sedimentary 325, But one of them says "Metamorphic VTBC" which vtbc means Volcano The Blast Coaster.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

The outposts read "Outpost 20", "Outpost 07", and "Outpost 87". Of course outpost 20 symbolizes Orion opening in 2020, outpost 07 symbolizes Firehawk's relocation to Kings Island in 2007, and outpost 87 symbolizes the opening of Vortex.

I believe there are also several easter eggs where the FoF pictures used to be. I think there was a seat from one of the Firehawk trains, and some cans that say "Firehawk Hydro Fuel", and maybe some other things.

I know the barrels are kind of obvious in what they are referencing, Like Radium xl-200, and Sedimentary 325, But one of them says "Metamorphic VTBC" which vtbc means Volcano The Blast Coaster

All of these are correct. Nice job! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2020 at 7:45 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

Now that we are at the dreaded off-season, lets see who is good with their detective skills by submitting your Easter eggs and what they are referencing in Area 72. There was an existing thread that was started, but lets start over with this new thread with a picture and the reference.

https://KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36573-how-many-easter-eggs-can-you-find-in-orions-que-line-and-the-new-area-72-area

Submit your Easter eggs and I will do everything I can to confirm or deny if they are accurate.

Also in this thread there will be the - KICentral Golden Easter Egg Hunt!

A KIC T-shirt is waiting for whomever is the first person to correctly post the KIC Easter egg and what it is referencing about KIC!

Here is the Orion gallery to get you started, but you can use your own photos to post as well.  Hint, the Easter Egg can be seen in at least one of the photos in the gallery.

Is there any way to zoom in?

Hmm, this may sound like a weird guess, but it's the best I can come up with. In the 13th picture, there is a sign that says "Your determined spirit and selfless determination will be lauded by generations to come" even though this already ties in with the theme with Orion, could it also be talking about how KIC was determined to find out everything about this ride?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 6:24 PM, Kodistict said:

Hmm, this may sound like a weird guess, but it's the best I can come up with. In the 13th picture, there is a sign that says "Your determined spirit and selfless determination will be lauded by generations to come" even though this already ties in with the theme with Orion, could it also be talking about how KIC was determined to find out everything about this ride?

Sorry that is not a KIC reference.

We need some more decoding. Not only for the KIC Easter egg!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So there's a few things that could be Easter Eggs: 

-Captain Nemo's Flight 

-There's also a BB-ESP. 106 , which if you put on your tinfoil hats sounds like BB1. (It's a stretch I know I'm just poking the bear) 

Honestly I'm glad that the park still makes nods to the fans, they put so much theming into this area it isn't even funny. (Heck some of the paperwork I can't even read because it's such small print)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Born_in_'72 said:

It's the video tape labeled Captain Nemo Aerial Flight, I believe.  Second photo, sixth tape from the left.

1 minute ago, BB1 said:

So there's a few things that could be Easter Eggs: 

-Captain Nemo's Flight 

So that Captain Nemo tape is an added bonus, but not the specific KIC Easter Egg we are looking for. Keep clipping at it and if you have any pics that are more zoomed in than mine, you might take a look at those and post on the board. 

Is it just me or does the case number look like it has KIC in front?  (On the clip board) As for what it could mean, it does go on to talk about speculation being public so maybe about our Decoding 2020 mega thread. 

34 minutes ago, BB1 said:

Is it just me or does the case number look like it has KIC in front?  (On the clip board) As for what it could mean, it does go on to talk about speculation being public so maybe about our Decoding 2020 mega thread. 

Definitely a hot lead if that is the case. Does anyone have any closer photos of this paper?

10 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Definitely a hot lead if that is the case. Does anyone have any closer photos of this paper?

So here's basically what I can gather from that paper:

1. It has KIC then a set of numbers

2. It is cataloged in April 20? 2019 so there could be a post from that point. Now that is a day after the Decoding 2020 topic was posted which would make sense with the notification.

3. It basically entails the same/similar document of the companies associated with the build from the original topic post about who is involved.

4. It called for an emergency meeting as the public knows? or at least is suspicious of ATLAS and Project Orion. It also declares the announcement on the day they actually announced. 

So that's basically my case, I think this is the one that @IndyGuy4KI has been teasing as it is the only thing similar in two photos. 

• Like 1

I remember right after the decoding thread started when someone made a fake teaser poster that tried to share it on here and it got taken down brought it into the park and put it on Mystic Timbers lol. It seems like KIC's decoding threads always catch the park's attention in both good and bad ways especially during the Banshee one when they kept referencing the thread in their tweets and when someone trespassed into the construction site.

3 hours ago, TombraiderTy said:

Well look where episode 106 of the Brady Bunch was filmed ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Brady_Bunch_episodes#Season_5_(1973–74)

Again I did say tin foil hat and that I was stretching it lol. (I knew that was probably it, just not a huge fan of the Brady Bunch tbh)

5 hours ago, BB1 said:

So here's basically what I can gather from that paper:

1. It has KIC then a set of numbers

2. It is cataloged in April 20? 2019 so there could be a post from that point. Now that is a day after the Decoding 2020 topic was posted which would make sense with the notification.

3. It basically entails the same/similar document of the companies associated with the build from the original topic post about who is involved.

I think @BB1 is close enough to give him the winner title and get the KIC T-shirt!   He must have gotten my own Easter egg in my last post.

1.  The KIC-34621 is the URL of the decoding thread on KIC for Orion. See the link address here.

https://kicentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34621-decoding-2020

2.  The filed date is actually April 19th, 2019. The day the thread was created.

3. The document on the paper is the screenshot posted in the very first post in the thread.

Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 6.45.49 PM.png

Here is a close up pic of the KIC Easter egg.

161040944_362549438208894_7196433802682569112_n.jpg

There is a significance to the marked out letters if someone was to decode it.

Congrats BB1.

• Like 1

woohoo!

I'm still of the opinion that this kind of theming is exactly what they need in the future, I'm pretty happy with what we got and I'm excited to get the shirt!