Possible KI Winterfest?

Waltny

On 11/9/2020 at 11:21 AM, Born_in_'72 said:

Just my 2 cents here, but I feel that if we were going to get a special event, then we wouldn't have gotten the video message at the end of the season.  I would have been much more likely to hope for something like what Carowinds is doing had that message not been distributed.

I missed that video, and even with that said Kings Island is notorious for misinformation or no information at all. 

On 11/9/2020 at 7:33 PM, Oldschool75 said:

They just want to put up some lights for the holiday season like everyone else. 

Yeah, perhaps so. I like to decorate for Christmas too. 

On 11/9/2020 at 8:09 PM, Maddog said:

^Agreed. It's cool they are looking to bring some holiday cheer for people driving by.  

On a related note, how many of you have neighbors with their Christmas lights up and on already? I feel behind in my efforts...

Ive got about 40 man hours deep on mine with perhaps another 10-20 maybe to finish the outside. For those local to KI, Im about 10 mins from the park almost dead center from 71/75 off of exit 24(on each) should you want to see it. 

23 hours ago, super7 said:

Kings Dominion just announced their Taste of the Season today, Nov 10.    It’s running the month of December and appears it will be a smaller event than Carowinds based on the mentioned rides.  

Both kings dominion and Carowinds are under state capacity limitations.    Kings Island has a higher allowed capacity so it’s surprising they did not do something

This, along with strong rumors that Canada's Wonderland just put up their covid tents outside the main gate. 

15 hours ago, stashua123 said:

I very very HIGHLY doubt they will reopen for Winterfest. 

It is far too late to setup, train, and get everything set for an event in two weeks. I dont work there anymore but I know what the logistics it would take, and there would be a lot more things happening than the Effiel Tower being decorated. 

I should have never said winterfest as I understand how much effort it takes, I should have hinted at a limited event(shopping/tasting with very limited rides) with a short run. 

13 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

For those holding out any hope of Kings Island opening for a Christmas event, Scrambler is already having its cars taken off, and it is a ride that is usually open for Winterfest.

Now this is a bit of a dagger in the heart with this subject, and would mean no rides. The light gets dimmer...(pun intended). 

• Like 1

^Actually, Canada's Wonderland had the covid screening tents up most of the summer and filled the wave pool and tested rides in anticipation of opening...but never got government approval...

If KI were going to do a winter event, why would they have removed all the screening tents...and the social distancing markers (all the entrance ones and ones for shows were removed before park closed on the last day...), etc....

• Like 1

It's crazy/sad how close Wonderland came to opening. They lost a LOT of money on it. Ride testing went on for over 3 weeks and significant hiring was done for an early July opening. At pretty much the last minute, the rules were adjusted to exclude theme parks in Ontario. Amusement Insiders YouTube channel had a lot of content in late June about it, showing the whole park doing ride testing. 

20 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

For those holding out any hope of Kings Island opening for a Christmas event, Scrambler is already having its cars taken off, and it is a ride that is usually open for Winterfest.

and I think therein lies the first and final nail to the coffin of hopes for a 2020 Winterfest/Holiday event. 

See you in 2021.

• Like 1