Cool Kings Island Gear

IndyGuy4KI

• 3 weeks later...

That's really cool! I was looking at the box for the King Cobra Nanocoaster (as advertised/for sale on Kings Island Gear) and was wondering when that cover picture was taken- does anyone on here know? I'm guessing it had to be pre-Son of Beast as there were trees behind the lift instead of the coaster towering behind it. Thanks in advance. :D

I love being able to purchase Kings Island merchandise when either the park is closed for the season...or I don’t have a trip planned when something comes out that I want. (I have made about 4 orders in the past.)

With that said, I do have a complaint...I wish they wouldn’t release new things so sporadically. I placed an order for the new Beast cutout....then within’ 2 weeks they released the calendar...now here we are about 2 weeks later and the King Cobra stuff is released. Shipping costs add up. Also, they need to fix how their computer is computing shipping costs...if I order 1 of each of the King Cobra items and 2 calendars, shipping comes out to around $35.00! But, if I order the 2 calendars in one shipment, and the King Cobra items in another, the combined shipping is about $19.00?!

I do love the items though... just thought I would point out some flaws. ;)

I ordered the King Cobra nanocoaster as soon as I saw it was available! I remember riding it a ton...at one time it was truly a groundbreaking idea.

Got them all in a display cabinet and would really love to see a original Bat nanocoaster one day to add to my collection!

Growing up with the park since the beginning, I was lucky to get my share of rides on so many classics at KI.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I know this topic was more popular back in February, but I want to bring it back. Last time I was at Kings Island back in July, they seemed like they had low inventory on T-shirts. It also seemed this way at Cedar Point on my last visit a couple weeks ago. Is this normal for Cedar Fair this time of year? Are they possibly generating new T-Shirt designs and/or getting more merchandise?

Just visited the website again thanks to this thread and there are a LOT more items for sale than the last time I visited. Above the pins above- I bought The Bat ones at the park a while back. Also, I love that the posters are now available to purchase online. I bought the Son of Beast one at the park and it looks pretty cool in my room; I also think the Flight of Fear poster looks cool as well. If you do get the posters, I will warn you that the posters come wrapped up in tube, which I was not expecting. This is important as I I learned the hard way that I had to flatten mine before hanging it up to prevent it from curling up and falling off of the wall.

• Thanks 1

I bought some cheap frames at IKEA for $5-6 each (I believe 11 x 14), and a sketch pad (not spiral bound) at Michaels (or Amazon).  My wife then put a piece of sketch paper in the frame to serve as a 'mat', then centered the poster in the frame....they look nice and the investment was minimal.  You don't even need a hook to hang them since the frames only weigh a few ounces.  A simple push pin or nail will do the trick.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Firehawk one from the first set looks really cool; I really wish these were available individually. The Orion one from the new set looks super cool as well.

EDIT: Or better yet, mix and match - like, buy any of the 4 of the 8 available cans for $X. I would totally get Orion/Firehawk/Racer/Bat :)